Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you deduct the sale tax?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you deduct the sale tax?

Soon, we set up our own company in Colorado, USA, the sales tax in the state is 2.9%, the stripe I use to collect money, each successful bank card payment charges a 2.9% processing fee, does this mean that I Can I deduct the 2.9% of the cost of delivery to stripe as my company's sales tax for the Colorado state government? I'm not going to ask the state and stripe because it looks like I'm a tax evader.

Comments

• aiden1aiden1 Member

No. It's treated same as a supplier cost. It is not tax.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@SuperXP said:
    Soon, we set up our own company in Colorado, USA, the sales tax in the state is 2.9%, the stripe I use to collect money, each successful bank card payment charges a 2.9% processing fee, does this mean that I Can I deduct the 2.9% of the cost of delivery to stripe as my company's sales tax for the Colorado state government?

I don't see how bank-card processing fee falls into the same category as sales tax

So no

I'm not going to ask the state and stripe because it looks like I'm a tax evader.

You don't have an accountant that you can consult with about such matters?

A hosting forum isn't the best place to ask questions about tax matters in Colorado

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited May 2022

this thread is shit + @angstrom is a nazi who craves respect, he got a hint of power.

• You can let stripe calculate the sales tax for you. That would be the simplest solution and you don't have to consult anyone. (But the consumer sees the sales tax)

If you want to optimize, you need to consult an expert.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited May 2022

Tax optimization != Tax evasion. Just be honest and say you dont wanna draw any attention on you because you evade tax on other occasions already.

• @SirFoxy said:
    this thread is shit + @angstrom is a nazi who craves respect, he got a hint of power.

You're not wrong that this thread is shit, but wtf is up with the @angstrom attack? If anything, instead of saying "You don't have an accountant that you can consult with about such matters?", it should have been more along the lines of, "why the hell are you asking LET instead of your accountant?" Of course, I'd use more colourful language.

• @SirFoxy said:

I crave a prison system that teaches inmates how to read and write English above grade 4 levels.