Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Indian VPS to access Hotstar?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Indian VPS to access Hotstar?

YamiraanYamiraan Member

I'm looking for Indian VPS to access Hotstar.com, any recommendation plz? tried DO but they are blocked,

Comments

• dosaidosai Member

Leapswitch Pune based vpn should work. Vpnunlimited has it.

• donbdonb Member

Oracle VM?

• @dosai said:

i talk with them and they said hotstar is block by DC level

• szymonpszymonp Member

FastestVPN works with hotstar as far as I'm aware

• @szymonp said:

im looking a linux vps, not vpn

• szymonpszymonp Member

@Yamiraan said:

@szymonp said:

im looking a linux vps, not vpn

Then keep looking, anything other then oracle cloud is going to be blocked. Also hoststar india requires OTP from an indian phone number on every login anyways.

• dosaidosai Member

@Yamiraan said:

@dosai said:

Screenshot-2022-05-26-01-14-04-949-com-brave-browser

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Yamiraan said:

@dosai said:

I call bullshit, the DC will never block anything except required by law.
    If hostar blocks specific DC's yea that's on them.

Thanked by 1szymonp
  • sassesasse Member

Did any one try accessing hotstar from oracle VPS? It might work?

• With a name like Hotstar I was expecting some spicy Linux ISOs; disappointing.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jmgcaguicla said:
    With a name like Hotstar I was expecting some spicy Linux ISOs; disappointing.

Right there with you, brother.

• @Yamiraan said:
    I'm looking for Indian VPS to access Hotstar.com, any recommendation plz? tried DO but they are blocked,

So you have an account from hotstar India? Itthey were selling content in US but then merged with Disney or something
    Looking for something myself to stream some content on hotstar. Can split amount

• I have a VPS in an Indian location with Stromonic. I do use it as a VPN, and yes, it works fine for me to access Disney+ Hotstar.

• @khalequzzaman said:
    I have a VPS in an Indian location with Stromonic. I do use it as a VPN, and yes, it works fine for me to access Disney+ Hotstar.

Thanks and going to try this

• noamannoaman Member

If you like to do things the complex way then here is what I did for Hotstar ( I am a Manchester United fan btw :smirk: )

Purchase VPN Unlimited subscription with 1 slot or limited slots
    Installed OpenVPN in a VPS in Europe ( I didn't have anything close to India at that moment) using Nyrs script
    Setup OpenVPN client side systemd script to connect to VPN providers indian servers
    Setup Iptables so that I won't lock my self out of the VPS.
    Create as many clients as you want. You won't be limited by number of slots as they would only be seeing a single connection from the VPS.

This was more of a fun little project and it did work for me. You don't need to worry about VPS IP blacklisting by hotstar though as VPN provider himself can take care of it.

• @noaman said:
    If you like to do things the complex way then here is what I did for Hotstar ( I am a Manchester United fan btw :smirk: )

Purchase VPN Unlimited subscription with 1 slot or limited slots
    Installed OpenVPN in a VPS in Europe ( I didn't have anything close to India at that moment) using Nyrs script
    Setup OpenVPN client side systemd script to connect to VPN providers indian servers
    Setup Iptables so that I won't lock my self out of the VPS.
    Create as many clients as you want. You won't be limited by number of slots as they would only be seeing a single connection from the VPS.

This was more of a fun little project and it did work for me. You don't need to worry about VPS IP blacklisting by hotstar though as VPN provider himself can take care of it.

could you help me with this setup? sound good