Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email Hosting

hi there, im after an External Server for my Email hosting (for myitdeals) since FDC had their 36 hour downtime yesterday and i would have not recieved a fair bit of mail..
where are some decent places to get email hosting and can add and remove addresses half easy...
Budget isn't that much and i dont usually get that much mail...

Comments

• Zoho Mail

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

i had FDC around a couple of years back

dumped them for this reason

its better, you should keel 2-3 low end vps's and do backup mx

• dhamaniasaddhamaniasad Member
    edited December 2013

Go with Zoho or Rackspace. Or maybe Windows Live for domains

• I use them, not had a single problem.
    Just make sure to set proper spf up when you reconfigure your DNS.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Windows live for domains can get a little edgy if you send emails with another address then the one you authenticate with. :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Mxroute.com looks great :P

Shameless plug of beta project? Check.

• I'd recommend checking out Fastmail. I've used one of their "family" accounts for a few years now for hosting 4 separate email accounts. The price is reasonable and the service is very reliable. They let you have an unlimited number of domains and aliases, DNS hosting, three different levels of accounts, and their new webmail interface is great.

• @jarland said:
    Mxroute.com looks great :P

Shameless plug of beta project? Check.

Honesty and sense of humor? Check :-)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jarland ... Yes I see it but with no available slots :p

Was using windows live for a while but got way too complex after I has heaps of scripts using the same emails all over the web

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@AutoSnipe said:
    jarland ... Yes I see it but with no available slots :p

Was using windows live for a while but got way too complex after I has heaps of scripts using the same emails all over the web

I've created a new plan, free for one domain and one e-mail, 10GB storage. Those who signed up under beta for existing plan will keep what they have for free. This is the new free option, but please keep in mind it is still in beta.