Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ QuantumCore ★ Australian Ryzen 3900X KVM VPS ★ 2CPU/4GB RAM/35GB NVMe/2TB BW ★ $5.62/M ★ 67.47/Y ★
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ QuantumCore ★ Australian Ryzen 3900X KVM VPS ★ 2CPU/4GB RAM/35GB NVMe/2TB BW ★ $5.62/M ★ 67.47/Y ★

QuantumCoreQuantumCore Member, Host Rep

The bosses have asked us to fill up our idle Ryzen nodes so we're offering a 50% off recurring discount for our Ryzen3 package. This offer is available to new and existing clients and for multiple Ryzen3 packages on the same order and client account.

Here's what you get with the Ryzen3 package -

2 Cores @ 3.8GHz
4GB Memory
35GB Pure NVMe Storage
1 IPv4 Address
1 IPv6 Address (Available on request)
2TB Bandwidth
Hosted in Sydney, Australia

All for $8 AUD/month (~$5.62 USD) or $96 AUD/Year (~$67.47 USD) recurring!

Order Monthly - Order Annually

Please note that the discount isn't applied until the second stage of the ordering process so if you click the link below and don't see the discounted price, once you fill in the hostname, password, nameservers etc and go to the next page, you'll see the discount.

There's only 40 activations in total so get in before they run out.

Click here to find out more information and to see our other Ryzen plans.

Each host node has a 1Gb link, high CPU clock speeds and uses pure NVMe storage.

Our ping/tracert IP is: 103.246.250.3
Looking Glass

If you have any questions then just reply to this post, hit up our live chat or submit our contact form.

Comments

• caracalcaracal Member

Anything annual custom 8G plan?

• fanfan Veteran

Nice offer! I see there's 10% GST in the order total, does the AU GST work like the EU VAT which exempts those outside of EU, or does it apply to everyone?

• QuantumCoreQuantumCore Member, Host Rep

@caracal said: Anything annual custom 8G plan?

PM'ed :smiley:

@fan said: Nice offer! I see there's 10% GST in the order total, does the AU GST work like the EU VAT which exempts those outside of EU, or does it apply to everyone?

I believe that as the service is provided from within Australia, GST unfortunately still applies.

We did look into this a little while ago and that's what we were informed.

Thanked by 1fan

Also, because everyone loves a good YABS, here's one from our Ryzen3 package -

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-05-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Wed May 18 03:37:54 EDT 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 39 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3792.874 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 3.9 GiB
    Swap       : 4.0 GiB
    Disk       : 34.4 GiB
    Distro     : CentOS Linux 7 (Core)
    Kernel     : 3.10.0-1160.62.1.el7.x86_64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 361.22 MB/s  (90.3k) | 691.22 MB/s  (10.8k)
    Write      | 362.17 MB/s  (90.5k) | 694.86 MB/s  (10.8k)
    Total      | 723.40 MB/s (180.8k) | 1.38 GB/s    (21.6k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 559.69 MB/s   (1.0k) | 511.22 MB/s    (499)
    Write      | 589.43 MB/s   (1.1k) | 545.27 MB/s    (532)
    Total      | 1.14 GB/s     (2.2k) | 1.05 GB/s     (1.0k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 526 Mbits/sec   | 555 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 737 Mbits/sec   | 672 Mbits/sec  
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 548 Mbits/sec   | 619 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 451 Mbits/sec   | 523 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 570 Mbits/sec   | 633 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 695 Mbits/sec   | 821 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1292                          
    Multi Core      | 2451                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/14975673

• riotriot Member

@QuantumCore said:

@fan said: Nice offer! I see there's 10% GST in the order total, does the AU GST work like the EU VAT which exempts those outside of EU, or does it apply to everyone?

I believe that as the service is provided from within Australia, GST unfortunately still applies.

We did look into this a little while ago and that's what we were informed.

https://www.ato.gov.au/business/gst/when-to-charge-gst-(and-when-not-to)/gst-free-sales/ seems to disagree. shrug

Too bad about your non-free speech AUP as I would probably have taken you up on this deal. ;)

• ^ dodged a bullet imo

@riot said: https://www.ato.gov.au/business/gst/when-to-charge-gst-(and-when-not-to)/gst-free-sales/ seems to disagree. shrug

Too bad about your non-free speech AUP as I would probably have taken you up on this deal.

"A supply of a service is usually GST-free if the recipient of the service is outside Australia."

There's a reason why they put the word usually in there. The last time that we had a look into this, as our service is provided in Australia and remains in Australia (which means it's not exported), we found that we have to charge GST even if the client is outside of Australia.

I'll check with our management/accounts team to see if that's still applicable.

Also, we're happy to host anything that's legal in Australia and doesn't affect users on the same node that you're hosted on. If you're planning to do something illegal or abuse the service then we don't really want you as a customer.

@dahartigan said: ^ dodged a bullet imo

Hopefully you mean that we did :smiley:

• the link refers to physical goods. problem is if this addressed specifically for digital goods/services then its a double edged sword to charge GST based on customer's country.

although technically speaking the service would have to be exported (egress) in order to be used.

• @QuantumCore said: Hopefully you mean that we did :smiley:

Of course haha! :)

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint

@dahartigan said: Of course haha!

<3

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • I personally find the "hurr durr free speech" types are part of the privacy tinfoilers/flat-earthers and anti-vaxxers family of nutjobs.

If that guy wanted something that specifically allows "free speech" - it usually means what they are trying to speak of nobody wants to hear anyway.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ QuantumCore
  • riotriot Member

@QuantumCore said:

Too bad about your non-free speech AUP as I would probably have taken you up on this deal.

Also, we're happy to host anything that's legal in Australia and doesn't affect users on the same node that you're hosted on. If you're planning to do something illegal or abuse the service then we don't really want you as a customer.

What makes you think when I ask about free speech I would want to do something illegal? How about host an online forum such as this one that allows outspoken opinions? With the lefty "hur dur" bedwetter types like @dahartigan getting their panties in a bunch about just about anything days, it's easy to fall foul of the "hate speech" clause that limp wristed Australian businesses like yours run with these days. And I would let you be the arbiter of what I can say on my websites, why?

And that is why I take my business offshore when I am in your core customer demographic. But you and @dahartigan keep giving each other handys and telling yourselves you sure told me.

• caracalcaracal Member

Sharing yabs from the 8G model

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-05-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Wed May 18 06:54:14 CDT 2022
    locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 2 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 3792.874 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 7.8 GiB
    Swap       : 4.0 GiB
    Disk       : 45.2 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
    Kernel     : 4.19.0-5-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 348.19 MB/s  (87.0k) | 723.50 MB/s  (11.3k)
    Write      | 349.11 MB/s  (87.2k) | 727.31 MB/s  (11.3k)
    Total      | 697.30 MB/s (174.3k) | 1.45 GB/s    (22.6k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 560.00 MB/s   (1.0k) | 517.61 MB/s    (505)
    Write      | 589.75 MB/s   (1.1k) | 552.08 MB/s    (539)
    Total      | 1.14 GB/s     (2.2k) | 1.06 GB/s     (1.0k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 507 Mbits/sec   | 557 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 637 Mbits/sec   | 674 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 561 Mbits/sec   | 620 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 471 Mbits/sec   | 518 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 571 Mbits/sec   | 602 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 808 Mbits/sec   | 831 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1354
    Multi Core      | 4594
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/14979783

Thanked by 2QuantumCore equalz
    edited May 2022

@riot said: What makes you think when I ask about free speech I would want to do something illegal?

When did we say that you were intending on doing something illegal? All we said was that if you're planning on hosting anything that's illegal in Australia and/or affects other users on the same host node then we don't really want you as a customer.

We're actively looking at our TOS/AUP to make it better but we're not going to use our current versions against you as long as you play by the law and don't have a massive impact on our nodes. If you follow these two simple rules then we're happy to have you.

We're neither a left or right leaning company, we have staff that have opposing views from either side and we're happy with that.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • ehabehab Member

I think i would like to see from you storage plans? for example 100GB-1TB at least. HDD is fine :)

@ehab said: I think i would like to see from you storage plans? for example 100GB-1TB at least. HDD is fine

I'll see what we can do but currently we purely have NVMe storage available.

Whilst HDD has its uses, we don't currently have any use for it. Even our shared cPanel packages backup to pure NVMe storage :smiley:

• ehabehab Member
    edited May 2022

@QuantumCore said:
    currently we purely have NVMe storage available.

give me your best specs/price ?

note: cold storage so it gotta be cheap.

@ehab said: give me your best specs/price ?

note: cold storage so it gotta be cheap.

I'll get back to you with what we can do but since NVMe is quite a lot dearer than HDD, it's not going to be too cheap :blush:

Thanked by 1ehab
  • GravelyGravely Member

@ehab said:
    I think i would like to see from you storage plans? for example 100GB-1TB at least. HDD is fine :)

A VERY untouched market in Australia

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • ehabehab Member

@Gravely said:

@ehab said:

A VERY untouched market in Australia

QuantumCore will be rich then, BRING THEM on like what @Cuntbutler would say.

@Gravely said: A VERY untouched market in Australia

What kind of storage would you be looking at? Also, does CPU + RAM matter so much? I guess not if it's mainly used as backup storage.

If there's a large enough market then I'm sure this is something we can look at doing in Syd or Cbr.

• ehabehab Member

@QuantumCore said:

CPU + RAM don't matter.

network + storage IO matters.

edited May 2022

@ehab said: network + storage IO matters.

HDD + IO aren't really great friends.

What kind of IO are you expecting from the VPS?

Just trying to work out if this is something that we can offer but actually provide a service that people are expecting :smiley:

Any input is greatly appreciated.

• @riot said:

@QuantumCore said:

What makes you think when I ask about free speech I would want to do something illegal? How about host an online forum such as this one that allows outspoken opinions? With the lefty "hur dur" bedwetter types like @dahartigan getting their panties in a bunch about just about anything days, it's easy to fall foul of the "hate speech" clause that limp wristed Australian businesses like yours run with these days. And I would let you be the arbiter of what I can say on my websites, why?

And that is why I take my business offshore when I am in your core customer demographic. But you and @dahartigan keep giving each other handys and telling yourselves you sure told me.

It seems like you and I have different opinions, and I'm glad that we can still agree to disagree.

• ehabehab Member
    edited May 2022

@QuantumCore said:
    HDD + IO aren't really a great pair.

i agree i just gave example a rock bottom spec with price match.

when you go sdd i understand price is higher.

you can even go a non vps offer lile https://netdynamics24.com/backup-services.php

or https://www.interserver.net/storage/

just as an example.

for vps storage offering then there are couple like AlphaVPS https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/179008/alphavps-dedicated-server-spring-mega-sale-ryzen-vps-launch-amd-epyc-kvm-sale/p1

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • @QuantumCore said:

@ehab said: network + storage IO matters.

HDD + IO aren't really great friends.

What kind of IO are you expecting from the VPS?

Just trying to work out if this is something that we can offer but actually provide a service that people are expecting :smiley:

Any input is greatly appreciated.

hwraid10 + nvme caching might work

@ehab said: i agree i just gave example a rock bottom spec with price match.

when you go sdd i understand price is higher.

you can even go a non vps offer lile https://netdynamics24.com/backup-services.php

or https://www.interserver.net/storage/

just as an example.

for vps storage offering then there are couple like AlphaVPS https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/179008/alphavps-dedicated-server-spring-mega-sale-ryzen-vps-launch-amd-epyc-kvm-sale/p1

I'll have a chat to the team and will see if we can offer some storage based plans in the near future.

@cybertech said: hwraid10 + nvme caching might work

We have tested what is basically HW10 with NVME Cache (Intel Optane Drives) and it works quite well. The Optane drives definitely aren't cheap but I'm sure normal NVMe/SSD drives will be just as suitable.

Anyway, I'll have a chat to the team and see if it's something we can offer :smiley:

Thanked by 1bdl
  • I'd be very keen for VPS storage in Syd - I prefer NVMe/SSD (approx 40G) + HDD (1TB - 10TB). Not fussed about CPU or RAM. Would move 10TB of these services across tomorrow if I could.

Thanked by 2QuantumCore bdl

@digitalwicked said: I'd be very keen for VPS storage in Syd - I prefer NVMe/SSD (approx 40G) + HDD (1TB - 10TB). Not fussed about CPU or RAM. Would move 10TB of these services across tomorrow if I could.

Seems like it would be a popular offering from all the feedback received so we'll give it serious thought :smiley:

On a side note, we've added Debian 11 to our templates list.

Thanked by 2fan digitalwicked