Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using purelymail for email hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using purelymail for email hosting?

If so can you give review of it? $10 a year for unlimited service sounds too good to be true. Can any users share their experience hosting email there?

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Sir, you have asked a question that his been reverberating around my cranium ever since I was first introduced to the very same service!

• Never heard it before. The website looks like a personal homepage. I don't trust it for business emails.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Greyhound said:
    Never heard it before. The website looks like a personal homepage. I don't trust it for business emails.

In all fairness, old bean, they do make it quite, quite clear it is not a service suitable for business purposes. It id also a 'beta' services, and one would be quite foolish to use such a service for a business, wouldn't they!

• nick_nick_ Member

I have been with them since last year, and I have had no issues so far. From what I understand, it's basically a one-man business. I use them for most of my web dev projects in production. However, I don't use them as my personal mailbox.

• I've been using Purelymail since April of last year and it's been very solid. Like nick_, I don't use them for anything super important. I use their advanced billing (usage based billing) and it costs under 50 cents a month.

• szymonpszymonp Member

Guy looks like the cock.li admin and the whole site feels amatour, wouldn't use it for business email lol

Thanked by 1omeongth
  • klikliklikli Member

It's an one-man show indeed. But the price is too good to refuse. Plus they support real 2FA.

• emghemgh Member

I am, and I love it! purelymail is a great service for anyone looking for a simple, spam-free email hosting solution. The interface is clean and easy to use, and I've had no problems with delivery or reliability.highly recommend it!

• what the hell

• JeDaYoshiJeDaYoshi Member
    edited May 2022

@Erisa (who made me know about its existence) uses it on her mail setup, but only for outbound e-mails. As far as I know, it works reliably, but she would know better than I to explain.

Outside of what has been mentioned already, I'd also like to raise up there's only 2 IPs used for e-mail deliverability:

$ dog A sendmail.purelymail.com sendmail2.purelymail.com && dog TXT _spf.purelymail.com
    A   sendmail.purelymail.com.  1h00m00s   34.202.193.197
    A   sendmail2.purelymail.com. 1h00m00s   54.89.13.140
    TXT _spf.purelymail.com.      1h00m00s   "v=spf1 a:sendmail.purelymail.com a:sendmail2.purelymail.com ~all"

• ErisaErisa Member

@dane_doherty said:
    what the hell

It's a "proof of work" system, presumably to deter spam and counteract the potential loss of allowing free trial users on the platform. It is what it is, honestly, I'm kind of indifferent towards it.

@JeDaYoshi said:
    @Erisa (who made me know about its existence) uses it on her mail setup, but only for outbound e-mails. As far as I know, it works reliably, but she would know better than I to explain.

Outside of what has been mentioned already, I'd also like to raise up there's only 2 IPs used for e-mail deliverability:

$ dog A sendmail.purelymail.com sendmail2.purelymail.com && dog TXT _spf.purelymail.com
    A sendmail.purelymail.com.  1h00m00s   34.202.193.197
    A sendmail2.purelymail.com. 1h00m00s   54.89.13.140
    TXT _spf.purelymail.com. 1h00m00s   "v=spf1 a:sendmail.purelymail.com a:sendmail2.purelymail.com ~all"

So the thing about PurelyMail is that yes as others have mentioned its pretty much a one-man show, just a guy who decided to make a cool service. And it considers itself to be beta quality on top of that.

But what I find weird and why I use it for outbound is that it has the best deliverability that I've seen so far. It can deliver consistently to Outlook inboxes which is something that even big players can't manage to do. Not that I blame them, Outlooks spam filter is a gigantic pain that nobody will ever fully understand. But regardless, it's important to me.

Maybe it will die or stop being so good one day, but for now it fulfils my need.