Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good methods to get short domains?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good methods to get short domains?

I can find 3 letter domains (ex. exm.pl) but not 2 letter or 1 letter domains. Are they all taken, or is there a way to get some without paying crazy prices?

Comments

• elliotcelliotc Member

Buy from others.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

My dear friend, unless you can purchase one privately, I am afraid probably not - usually registrars charge a premium for these domains even if they are permitted to 'drop'.

Thanked by 1devp
  • Waldo19Waldo19 Member

@Nekki said:
    My dear friend, unless you can purchase one privately, I am afraid probably not - usually registrars charge a premium for these domains even if they are permitted to 'drop'.

Tell us how you got your short penis?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

@Waldo19 said:

@Nekki said:

Tell us how you got your short penis?

It is quite the yarn, my friend! Settle in for a tale of many moons ago.

It was 1997, and I was but a fresh-faced 16 year old boy, of legal age but still immature in outlook. I fancied that it was time for me to get my end away by indulging in a little how's your father with a lady of ill-repute.

Upon selecting a suitable female, we retired to the boudoir in order to make the beast with two backs. My flaccid member had other ideas however, and resolutely refused to become engorged, causing me much embarrassment and eventually, rage, despite the best effort of the comely wench to comfort me by advising this is a regular occurrence with new customers.

My rage become such that I resorted to punching my member in the hope the abuse would engender some form of response - when that failed, I pulled out my trusty pocket-knife and intended to merely prick the tip to ensure I still had feeling in the region.Sadly, at that precise moment, the lady of the night decided to lunge for my knife, fearing for her own safety. The result was that I now no longer had a flaccid member - I had a half of one.

The doctors performed miracles and were able to re-attach my old chap before the situation was irretrievable, but the much of the fatty tissue needed to be discarded due too damage with meant that my member was now a good 4 inches shorter than before.

Despite this setback, I have enjoyed a reasonable amount of coitus in my lifetime, admittedly my partners did not enjoy it quite so much due to my deduced lack of length and girth, but most were very charitable in this regard.

• dane_dohertydane_doherty Member
    edited May 2022

@szymonp said:
    I can find 3 letter domains (ex. exm.pl) but not 2 letter or 1 letter domains. Are they all taken, or is there a way to get some without paying crazy prices?

Make an offer to buy d.sb from @Daniel15

What today are "crazy prices" will be dirt cheap in 10 years. Single-letter domain prices are still manageable.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited May 2022

I still see a lot of sales of two-letter domains, for example you can see some recent sales on NameBio: https://namebio.com/?s==gzN4AzMwczM

Some of the less-common TLDs do still have some two-letter domains available for registration. I think .vc and .cx have some for example. A lot of two-letter domains are sold on the secondary market though (e.g. Park.io, Sedo, Flippa, Sav, etc)

For one letter, you'd definitely have to buy them on the secondary market, unless a new TLD is introduced and they open up sales for one-letter domains. Unfortunately, short domains in new TLDs tend to have premium registration and renewal prices. Older TLDs generally don't, so for example my d.sb domain renews at normal price for the .sb TLD.

I got d.sb on a domain auction site that doesn't exist any more, and d.ls by emailing the owner directly (via the email on the domain's whois).

• swat4swat4 Member

@szymonp said:

you may also ask @DP for one :)