Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› Looking for Dedicated in Mexico 🇲🇽
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Dedicated in Mexico 🇲🇽

edited May 2022 in Requests

Hey all!

Looking to get a server in Mexico (ideally Mexico City or Guadalajara).

A fairly new CPU and around 32GB ram needed, 2x1TB SSD (can do with 2x 500GB SSD), gigabit port with 20TB/m (can do with 10TB, but 20TB preferred)

I am shopping around and have no clue what the prices there are, so please - let me know what the price would be. Budget is flexible.

As a side note - need the same setup in Sydney, AU, so if a company can provide both locations - a BIG win for me. :-)

P.S. - I am okay with a US server that has IPs that are geolocated in MX as well. The geolocation is very important to be in Mexico.

Thanks!

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Don't forget to include AU in your topic to just make it more obvious :blush:

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • edited May 2022

@DP said:
    Don't forget to include AU in your topic to just make it more obvious :blush:

Yeah, I already have a provider lined up for AU ( @ShockHosting ), but would consider getting the dedi from someone else, only if they can provide both locations. So its more of a mention, than it is a requirement :-)

HostDime has stuff in MX as well.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
  • xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider

We can do custom server in Sydney, please email [email protected] for a quote.

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited May 2022

Maxihost has Mexico City and Sydney Australia.

See https://www.maxihost.com/pricing

Look out for the c1.medium.x86 (currently out of stock in Mexico, but just contact them about delivery time), which comes w/ 2x1TB SSD and 64GB Mem or the c1.small.x86 with 32GB Mem and 2x500GB SSD (also out of stock in Mexico right now, but there are alternatives listed on their pricing page).

Inbound free, outbound has 20TB included.

• Take a look at https://www.vultr.com/products/bare-metal/, they have Mexico and two locations in Australia

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited May 2022

But Vultr does not have dedicated bare metal in Mexico (and for bare metal only one location in AU, that is Sydney).

For their vps, I would guess they would to be using Maxihost in Mexico City (at least they do this in Sao Paulo, so I think they use the same in Mexico). They do have high performance Intel cloud compute instances in Mexico City and also regular compute instances but (as of today) no VDS with dedicated cores and no AMD based vps.

@OhJohn said:
    But Vultr does not have dedicated bare metal in Mexico (and for bare metal only one location in AU, that is Sydney).

For their vps, I would guess they would to be using Maxihost in Mexico City (at least they do this in Sao Paulo, so I think they use the same in Mexico). They do have high performance Intel cloud compute instances in Mexico City and also regular compute instances but (as of today) no VDS with dedicated cores and no AMD based vps.

Their Mexico City is at Equinix I believe and yes, Sao Paulo is Maxihost.

• edited May 2022

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I wasn't initially sure about maxihost (mostly cause ive never used them before), but they do have both locations needed, so looks like I found the winner :-)

I just realized why I had second thoughts about maxi host. Reminded me of maxkvm, so a big red light popped up in my head lol
    Obviously - a different company though.