Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyways i have a whole /64 Subnet how do i use it - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyways i have a whole /64 Subnet how do i use it

Comments

• ehabehab Member

what about sexy time?

• @ehab said:
    what about sexy time?

shut the heck up we are talking about death /s

• @ehab said:
    what about sexy time?

what about the forests?

• @kevertje said:

@ehab said:
    what about sexy time?

what about the forests?

what about your mom hah

• ehabehab Member

@Otus9051 said:

@ehab said:
    what about sexy time?

shut the heck up we are talking about death /s

you mean Death Metal

• ehabehab Member

kidz , im out.

• dosaidosai Member

Sex is overrated.

• ehabehab Member
    edited May 2022

@dosai said:
    Sex is overrated.

• @ehab said:

@dosai said:
    Sex is overrated.

sex is gross
    virginity is the new cool
    be a virgin

• VoidVoid Member

@Otus9051 said:

@ehab said:

@dosai said:
    Sex is overrated.

sex is gross
    be a virgin

You too saw @Nekki ‘s anus?

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @jmaxwell said:

@Otus9051 said:

@ehab said:

@dosai said:
    Sex is overrated.

sex is gross
    be a virgin

where the fuck did that come from

Thanked by 1ehab
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@jmaxwell said:

@Otus9051 said:

@ehab said:

@dosai said:
    Sex is overrated.

sex is gross
    be a virgin

She doesn't have one.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • VoidVoid Member

@yoursunny said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Otus9051 said:

@ehab said:

@dosai said:
    Sex is overrated.

sex is gross
    be a virgin

She doesn't have one.

Nullrouted?

Thanked by 3ehab kevertje webcraft
  • ehabehab Member

@jmaxwell said:
    Nullrouted?

are you an expert on these things?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jmaxwell said:

@yoursunny said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Otus9051 said:

@ehab said:

@dosai said:
    Sex is overrated.

sex is gross
    be a virgin

She doesn't have one.

Nullrouted?

Only until you pay the fee.

Nah, who am I kidding, it's anyone's (except @yoursunny, who just sits their doing pushups when I show him my anus, I don't know why he treats me this way).

• sotssots Member

Then you can have shorter address such as xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::3, which is easier to write.
    But a domain is better than plain IPv6 address.

Thanked by 1szymonp
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2022

@dosai said:
    Sex is overrated.

+1
    @Otus9051 try running a public private rotating proxy?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FatGrizzly said:

Thanked by 3FatGrizzly szymonp ralf
  • @yoursunny said:

@FatGrizzly said:

this is actually fantastic for security [continues to use ipv4]

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

@Otus9051 said: i have the subnet for free, i want to host those, i dont know how.

The entire /64 range would be routed to your VPS, so all you need to do is use any of the addresses for something. You may need to add it to your network config (e.g. in /etc/network/interfaces in Debian) for it to work.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • mcgreemcgree Member
    edited May 2022

@yoursunny said:
    Have a grain of rice at every IP.
    You'll never be hungry again.

I can eat 2^13 pieces of rice in one meal, here (2^64) I can eat for a lifetime.

I have my /29, so should be able to count by the number of molecules, and I can eat for the rest of my life.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2022

You can use it to kill your hosts router. Isn't there like a limit to the amount of IP a router can handle? Just try to use every single IP in your /64 and spam pings out

https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/7nwhrq/ipv6_64_router_crash/

Why isn't IPv6 abuse a thing? /64 is a standard. Someone will make an easy to use bench.sh script eventually

• @ezeth said:
    You can use it to kill your hosts router. Isn't there like a limit to the amount of IP a router can handle? Just try to use every single IP in your /64 and spam pings out

Why isn't IPv6 abuse a thing? /64 is a standard. Someone will make an easy to use bench.sh script eventually

i dont intend to kill my vps

• dosaidosai Member

@Otus9051 said:

@ezeth said:

Which one did you get and how?

• @dosai said:

@Otus9051 said:

@ezeth said:

abdullah power (cloud5/webhorizon sponsored me for my LinuxForExynos project)

• dosaidosai Member

@Otus9051 said:

@dosai said:

@Otus9051 said:

@ezeth said:

abdullah power (cloud5/webhorizon sponsored me for my LinuxForExynos project)

Nice, have fun.

• VoidVoid Member

@ezeth said:

@yoursunny test it on boomer VPS if you have one ?

• @jmaxwell said:

@ezeth said:

@yoursunny test it on boomer VPS if you have one ?

boomerhost :gunemojithatdoesntexist: boomerhost

• typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

/64 is the standard network assignment for IPv6, You just have the subnet but it doesn't mean that you HAVE to use every single IP in that subnet. Even your ISP (if supports v6) will assign you a /64 or /56 most times.

Now having said that, It's good practice in general to just have 1-2 IPs on a single machine and not any more than that. ofc that practice does change in certain instances like let's say when you're running a control panel and want to assign a single IP per user/webhost. Other than that, if you don't have any proper use for them then just configure one or two and just use that.

Would be a very different story if it were running proxmox or any hypervisor, could make containers/vms then have each it's own /80 or /128 then you could bind those IPs according and run your applications in those containers or vms.

To very simply put it, It's a complete waste of time to do applications per IP on a single machine. I know people who do have a genuine need to do the same but they just use LXC or just vms for this setup. Less painful and does the job better.

Hope I was able to shed some clarity on what you're trying to achieve here as well as provide some genuine use-case for the IPs and how /64 subnets are being used in genuine environments. Feel free to hmu for any IPv6 related questions.

• @typicalGtaTG said:
    To very simply put it, It's a complete waste of time to do applications per IP on a single machine. I know people who do have a genuine need to do the same but they just use LXC or just vms for this setup. Less painful and does the job better.

Not when you need multiple apps that use the same ports. Last night, I setup a VM at home (with IPv4 NAT) with three apps that wanted port 80 and 443. They're different apps, not something I can combine in nginx/apache.

With IPV6, it's a complete waste of time not putting them on different IP's.