Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM NY VPS down: May 10, 2022
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM NY VPS down: May 10, 2022

gappergapper Member
edited May 2022 in Outages

Hi, I have a VPS in NY and it has been down since a few hours ago. Do you guys have the same problem? I'm scared.

Comments

• @Francisco did you deadpool?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

If I did I'd reach out to BuyVM's Support first.

LowEndSupport would be my last option.

• gappergapper Member
    edited May 2022

Ticket has been open but no reply. It is a confirmed down by Hetrix and UptimeRobot. Im not a drama queen, Im just sharing and asking if others are experiencing the same downtime.

• All my NY servers by BuyVM are up and running

• gappergapper Member
    edited May 2022

So then there is a problem with my VPS (or with the node where my VPS resides on). It shows offline in Stallion and it refuses to boot.

• edited May 2022

@gapper said:
    So then there is a problem with my VPS (or with the node where my VPS resides on). It shows offline in Stallion and it refuses to boot.

I'd wait for them to reply to the ticket.

Also, don't bump the ticket, as that puts it right at the bottom of the queue.

My experience is that they reply fairly quickly

• gappergapper Member
    edited May 2022

Problems seems to be: KVM8/NY

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@gapper submit a ticket to them and they will get back to you.

• @Francisco said: We've done a few board/CPU swaps in NY due to them overheating. These 3900x's are great CPU's but absolutely roast.

It could be another fried CPU or board in NY.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Should be all sorted as of some hours ago :) the ConnectX3 cards we use have a known issue where they’ll start having heavy packet loss and require a reboot.

We found a fix, but it also requires a reboot to fix. Anyway, this was applied on 08 and everyone was spun back up pretty quick.

Francisco

Thanked by 1athan
  • gappergapper Member

Mine is still down, Stallion refuses to Boot my VPS. What should I do? Ticket 693940 please help.

@gapper said:
    Mine is still down, Stallion refuses to Boot my VPS. What should I do? Ticket 693940 please help.

PM me your IP and i'll take a look, but everyone was booted up from what I saw :)

Francisco

• gappergapper Member

PM sent. Thanks!

@gapper said:
    PM sent. Thanks!

Cleared up :)

Seems you had an old ISO in your CDROM and our NFS mount didn't attach on bootup.

Francisco

Thanked by 3gapper Logano bulbasaur