Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Prism Drive Secure Cloud Storage: Lifetime Subscription
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Prism Drive Secure Cloud Storage: Lifetime Subscription

AnotherAnother Member

Prismdrive.com is new lifetime storage provider in stack social.

49$ for 2TB lifetime seems very good. I was looking for cheap cloud service lifetime for my copyrighted content.

Scared that they will vanish along with my content. any idea or recommendation they seem very new.

Comments

  • larmaratlarmarat Member

    Yeah don't do that they will 100% vanish. They offer 10TB lifetime at $89 LOL

    Someones just shoved together some templates and setup stripe.

    Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • jmaxwelljmaxwell Member

    Domain registered 2 months ago lol

  • NekkiNekki Member

    @Ympker taking one for the team?

  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    @larmarat said:
    Yeah don't do that they will 100% vanish. They offer 10TB lifetime at $89 LOL

    Someones just shoved together some templates and setup stripe.

    Degoo offers 10TB also for 90$ iirc. They are still around but nobody knows how long. That being said, I use them for secondary photo storage (free plan).

    Thanked by 1larmarat
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    @Nekki said:
    @Ympker taking one for the team?

    Nah, skipping on that one (for now) :D

    Thanked by 1Nekki
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Member

    Seems to be using a slightly modified version of this; https://codecanyon.net/item/bedrive-file-sharing-and-cloud-storage/12700384

    Doesn't mean it's bad as you can't see what the backend is like, but it's not like they created the application at least.

    The app is also pre-made; https://codecanyon.net/item/bedrive-mobile-native-flutter-android-and-ios-app-for-file-storage-php-script/31088424

    Thanked by 1szymonp
  • spunspun Member

    @iKeyZ said:
    Seems to be using a slightly modified version of this; https://codecanyon.net/item/bedrive-file-sharing-and-cloud-storage/12700384

    Doesn't mean it's bad as you can't see what the backend is like, but it's not like they created the application at least.

    The app is also pre-made; https://codecanyon.net/item/bedrive-mobile-native-flutter-android-and-ios-app-for-file-storage-php-script/31088424

    That's the same script that ThunderDrive uses. It usually works but they never add any features.

  • iKeyZiKeyZ Member

    @spun said:

    @iKeyZ said:
    Seems to be using a slightly modified version of this; https://codecanyon.net/item/bedrive-file-sharing-and-cloud-storage/12700384

    Doesn't mean it's bad as you can't see what the backend is like, but it's not like they created the application at least.

    The app is also pre-made; https://codecanyon.net/item/bedrive-mobile-native-flutter-android-and-ios-app-for-file-storage-php-script/31088424

    That's the same script that ThunderDrive uses. It usually works but they never add any features.

    Yeah I've seen a few use it - features are only added once the original script gets updated which seems rare at the moment. It's likely they are using S3/Backblaze/Wasabi for the backend.

    Even with Wasabi at $5 per month per TB they will not be making profit from people maxing their plans, so should be interesting.

  • szymonpszymonp Member

    @Ympker said:

    @larmarat said:
    Yeah don't do that they will 100% vanish. They offer 10TB lifetime at $89 LOL

    Someones just shoved together some templates and setup stripe.

    Degoo offers 10TB also for 90$ iirc. They are still around but nobody knows how long. That being said, I use them for secondary photo storage (free plan).

    But degoo bans the lifetime accounts after a while

  • noamannoaman Member

    @iKeyZ said:

    @spun said:

    @iKeyZ said:
    Seems to be using a slightly modified version of this; https://codecanyon.net/item/bedrive-file-sharing-and-cloud-storage/12700384

    Doesn't mean it's bad as you can't see what the backend is like, but it's not like they created the application at least.

    The app is also pre-made; https://codecanyon.net/item/bedrive-mobile-native-flutter-android-and-ios-app-for-file-storage-php-script/31088424

    That's the same script that ThunderDrive uses. It usually works but they never add any features.

    Yeah I've seen a few use it - features are only added once the original script gets updated which seems rare at the moment. It's likely they are using S3/Backblaze/Wasabi for the backend.

    Even with Wasabi at $5 per month per TB they will not be making profit from people maxing their plans, so should be interesting.

    Form business perspective, how many people do really endup maxing their plans?

    If you consider non IT People, or non tech people they would still be happy to buy 2TB storage even though they don't need it ( just in case).

    Not all of there customers would be from LET I guess :wink:

  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

    @noaman said:

    @iKeyZ said:

    @spun said:

    @iKeyZ said:
    Seems to be using a slightly modified version of this; https://codecanyon.net/item/bedrive-file-sharing-and-cloud-storage/12700384

    Doesn't mean it's bad as you can't see what the backend is like, but it's not like they created the application at least.

    The app is also pre-made; https://codecanyon.net/item/bedrive-mobile-native-flutter-android-and-ios-app-for-file-storage-php-script/31088424

    That's the same script that ThunderDrive uses. It usually works but they never add any features.

    Yeah I've seen a few use it - features are only added once the original script gets updated which seems rare at the moment. It's likely they are using S3/Backblaze/Wasabi for the backend.

    Even with Wasabi at $5 per month per TB they will not be making profit from people maxing their plans, so should be interesting.

    Form business perspective, how many people do really endup maxing their plans?

    If you consider non IT People, or non tech people they would still be happy to buy 2TB storage even though they don't need it ( just in case).

    Not all of there customers would be from LET I guess :wink:

    NonIT people just get Google Drive / iCloud instead of searching for some random clouds

    Thanked by 2noaman iKeyZ
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 6

    @noaman said:
    Form business perspective, how many people do really endup maxing their plans?

    Typically no. But lifetime offers means no recurring revenue. To make something viable at $9/TB or whatever they were doing, you really do need recurring revenue.

    It isn't a case of buying HDDs and never having any more costs. There's power, bandwidth, human costs, replacement hardware costs - at minimum.

    Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • O0oooO0ooo Member

    Try Pikpak, a company located in Singapore.
    Besides basic file storage, it supports torrent downloading, toktok video saving, etc.
    Pikpak

  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    @szymonp said:

    @Ympker said:

    @larmarat said:
    Yeah don't do that they will 100% vanish. They offer 10TB lifetime at $89 LOL

    Someones just shoved together some templates and setup stripe.

    Degoo offers 10TB also for 90$ iirc. They are still around but nobody knows how long. That being said, I use them for secondary photo storage (free plan).

    But degoo bans the lifetime accounts after a while

    I heard that too. Let's see :P

  • szymonpszymonp Member

    Registered On 2022-03-01

    Yeah I'm sure it's legit 1000% no scam

    Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Member
    edited May 6
    • Their address in the footer is just a virtual mailbox: https://www.anytimemailbox.com/s/santa-ana-600-w-santa-ana-blvd
    • Their site just uses a WordPress template: https://elementor.com/hello-theme/
    • Their terms of service were clearly just copy-pasted from various other sites, and parts of it were from a generic template that doesn't make sense for this sort of service. Formatting is all over the place, some paragraphs use different fonts, and there's MsoNormal CSS classes (i.e. copy-pasted from MS Word_) all over the place.
    • Their terms of service don't allow content with a lot of capital letters:

      7 . PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
      ...
      As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
      ...
      Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text),

      (the whole of section 7 shows that these are generic terms of service for a website containing user-generated content, not for a cloud storage system)

    • Section 21 of the terms of service isn't even completed; there's blank placeholders that haven't been filled in:

    In short: Seems legit, send them all your money.

    @iKeyZ said: Seems to be using a slightly modified version of this; https://codecanyon.net/item/bedrive-file-sharing-and-cloud-storage/12700384

    Smells like a summerhost to me. Who knows if they've even got redundancy in their storage, if they do backups, etc.

  • dahartigandahartigan Member

    Scam. Move along and save your dollars.

  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member

    @Daniel15 said:

    • Their address in the footer is just a virtual mailbox: https://www.anytimemailbox.com/s/santa-ana-600-w-santa-ana-blvd
    • Their site just uses a WordPress template: https://elementor.com/hello-theme/
    • Their terms of service were clearly just copy-pasted from various other sites, and parts of it were from a generic template that doesn't make sense for this sort of service. Formatting is all over the place, some paragraphs use different fonts, and there's MsoNormal CSS classes (i.e. copy-pasted from MS Word_) all over the place.
    • Their terms of service don't allow content with a lot of capital letters:

      7 . PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
      ...
      As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
      ...
      Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text),

      (the whole of section 7 shows that these are generic terms of service for a website containing user-generated content, not for a cloud storage system)

    • Section 21 of the terms of service isn't even completed; there's blank placeholders that haven't been filled in:

    In short: Seems legit, send them all your money.

    I'm going to wire $50k right now...

  • Should the stacksocial people know better?

  • spunspun Member

    @Ympker said:

    @szymonp said:

    @Ympker said:

    @larmarat said:
    Yeah don't do that they will 100% vanish. They offer 10TB lifetime at $89 LOL

    Someones just shoved together some templates and setup stripe.

    Degoo offers 10TB also for 90$ iirc. They are still around but nobody knows how long. That being said, I use them for secondary photo storage (free plan).

    But degoo bans the lifetime accounts after a while

    I heard that too. Let's see :P

    Degoo sucks. If anything uploads to them that has the same name as something that is copyright after a year or two they will ban your account. Doesn't matter if you deleted the item months before, they will still claim that you have copyright content. It's a good deal if you get your money's worth within 1-2 years.

    Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Member
    edited May 7

    Another thing I forgot to mention is that I wouldn't use any cloud service that's not supported by rclone. Having rclone support tends to mean that it has some some of useful API. You really don't want to get locked in to a cloud storage service where you can only use their site and apps. pcloud and koofr both work with rclone.

    @trycatchthis said:
    Should the stacksocial people know better?

    Nah they're getting a commission so they don't care. They're in California and break local rules about false advertising (like having fake end dates that just get extended all the time), but don't seem to get in trouble about it.

    Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • the_doctorthe_doctor Member

    @Daniel15 said:
    Having rclone support tends to mean that it has some some of useful API. You really don't want to get locked in to a cloud storage service where you can only use their site and apps. pcloud and koofr both work with rclone.

    Couldn't agree more!

    @trycatchthis said:
    Should the stacksocial people know better?

    Nah they're getting a commission so they don't care. They're in California and break local rules about false advertising (like having fake end dates that just get extended all the time), but don't seem to get in trouble about it.

    It's a shame, because they have some legitimately good deals with reputable companies, but are willing to also peddle scams. I've contacted them in the past about it, but as you say, they really don't care.

  • TimRooTimRoo Member

    Wasn't Prism the name of one of those surveillance programs Snowden revealed?

    Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • NekkiNekki Member

    @TimRoo said:
    Wasn't Prism the name of one of those surveillance programs Snowden revealed?

    Hiding in plain sight is a valid tactic.

  • melp57melp57 Member

    Why not use owlcloud?

  • NekkiNekki Member

    @melp57 said:
    Why not use owlcloud?

    Sir, I have never heard of owlcloud, what is it please?

  • szymonpszymonp Member

    @Nekki said:

    @melp57 said:
    Why not use owlcloud?

    Sir, I have never heard of owlcloud, what is it please?

    crazy overpriced VPS host that doesn't even use https

  • NekkiNekki Member

    @szymonp said:

    @Nekki said:

    @melp57 said:
    Why not use owlcloud?

    Sir, I have never heard of owlcloud, what is it please?

    crazy overpriced VPS host that doesn't even use https

    Sounds simply awful, old bean, awful.

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep

    Remember, it's their lifetime.

    If they up and yeet in a month you're out and will likely win the chargeback too.

    Francisco

  • NekkiNekki Member

    @Francisco said:
    Remember, it's their lifetime.

    If they up and yeet in a month you're out and will likely win the chargeback too.

    Francisco

    Sir, I do believe you are teaching dearest Grand-ma-ma to suck upon eggs, what-what?

Sign In or Register to comment.