Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows VPS in New York area
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows VPS in New York area

Hello,

I'm looking for a Windows VPS in the New York area to run my trading systems.
This means that the VPS has to be reliable prior to cheap.
I've tried Contabo for several months but the performances drop a lot after some time, I suppose because they add more VPSes to my host which is then overloaded.
I usually tell them that the performances are low and they switch me to another host, then after some weeks I have the drop again.

I see that there are a lot of VPS providers here in the forum, a lot of them are not big names (like OVH, Vultr...) and are run by few people: I don't know how much I can trust them.

Do you have any suggestion for a good Windows VPS in New York with a good support?
I usually select 6 or 8 cores, possibly not an old CPU, it would be fine to have a Geekbench >800 in single core and >4000 in multi.
I could save some money if it's possible to use my own Windows 10/11 license by loading a custom ISO.

Thanks

Alessandro

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

NexusBytes Ryzen VPS 👈
    6 core & 6 GB RAM, $24/month
    Notice: paid link, non-aff

Webhosting24 NVMe VPS 👈
    6 core & 6 GB RAM, $19/month

Both are highly reputable providers.
    Windows Server license is included.

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

Are you set on NY or would you consider other USA locations if latency to your trade network is good? We host a few traders are located in Houston. Most run tradestation.

See our benchmarks in our offers post: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3414231

However you will need to get 4GB or higher for windows. We find the 1g and 2g plans are just not enough for windows to give clients a good experience. Windows is just too resource hungry. With trading you may want to go high depending on what your doing.

You can also rent a windows key from us or bring your own key.

You might also find a ded server a better option so you have all the metal/resources
    https://oplink.net/dedicated-servers/

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Oplink.net

• szymonpszymonp Member

@oplink said: We find the 1g and 2g plans are just not enough for windows to give clients a good experience.

Right ow on my windows server 2019 VPS I am using 1,6 GB at idle. so yeah 1GB would probably not be enough to boot windows

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@SmartHost maybe.

Would suggest @feezioxiii @ Hyonix but they don't have anything in NY.

• SolidSeoVPSSolidSeoVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2022

Hi

We have it in NYC-NY and Buffalo-NY, check our website as we carry many plans for Windows VPS

Second mod edit (angstrom): The poster has just applied for a provider tag

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@SolidSeoVPS said:
    Hi

We have it in NYC-NY and Buffalo-NY, check our website as we carry many plans for Windows VPS https://[redacted]

Dear SolidSeoVPS,

This is a notice that an invoice has been generated on Wednesday, May 4th, 2022.

Invoice #33
    Amount Due: $200.00 USD
    Due Date: Wednesday, May 4th, 2022

Invoice Items

LowEndTalk Patron Provider Tag (05/04/2022 - 05/03/2023) $200.00 USD
    Extra Privilges: None

------------------------------------------------------
    Sub Total: $200.00 USD
    Credit: $0.00 USD
    Total: $200.00 USD
    ------------------------------------------------------

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@DP said:
    @SmartHost maybe.

Yah...We have Edison NJ (NY/NJ Metro), Staten Island NY (NY/NJ Metro), and Buffalo NY.
    The Edison NJ location has Ryzen nodes available.

~ SMARTHOST

• alettonealettone Member
    edited May 2022

@szymonp said:

@oplink said: We find the 1g and 2g plans are just not enough for windows to give clients a good experience.

Right ow on my windows server 2019 VPS I am using 1,6 GB at idle. so yeah 1GB would probably not be enough to boot windows

I'm looking for 8 to 16GB of RAM so these would be undersized.

@yoursunny said: NexusBytes Ryzen VPS 👈
    6 core & 6 GB RAM, $24/month

Webhosting24 NVMe VPS 👈
    6 core & 6 GB RAM, $19/month

Both are highly reputable providers.
    Windows Server license is included.

I found NexusBytes yesterday, they seems to have good options but I opened a ticket almost 24 hours ago to get some infos and I didn't get any answer till now.
    24 hours are not a lot of time but I'd prefer to choose someone who answer faster should I have any problem in the future.

I'll try to get some infos on Webhosting24.

Thank you

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

Check out our 8g or 16g plans.
    https://oplink.net/virtual-private-servers/

*Coupon code VPS-2Y5RBVS0ZR will give you 50% off if paid yearly on any VPS plans

Thanks

• BuyVM
    https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?gid=38

Plans up to and including 12 GB are currently available in NY. Smaller cores than other providers, but dedicated (one core for every 4 GB).

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Take a look at our new plans on hosthatch.com based on EPYC Milan CPUs

You can expect solid and consistent CPU performance as long as its under the dedicated cores limit

Thanked by 1alettone
  • DigikaDigika Member

@szymonp said: Right ow on my windows server 2019 VPS I am using 1,6 GB at idle. so yeah 1GB would probably not be enough to boot windows

~ 800 MB Idle for Server Core 2022 headless mode. If you cut down some services, especially default Defender trash can be even lower. Remote PS services east ~250Ms at once so I suggest OpenSSH only

• szymonpszymonp Member

@Digika said:

@szymonp said: Right ow on my windows server 2019 VPS I am using 1,6 GB at idle. so yeah 1GB would probably not be enough to boot windows

~ 800 MB Idle for Server Core 2022 headless mode. If you cut down some services, especially default Defender trash can be even lower. Remote PS services east ~250Ms at once so I suggest OpenSSH only

Yeah I got rid of defender but before it only used ~50MB. And I use windows specifically for desktop.

• DigikaDigika Member

@szymonp said: And I use windows specifically for desktop.

Remote desktop usage for client-oriented task is pure ass regardless of meme-tech, imho.

• szymonpszymonp Member

@Digika said:

@szymonp said: And I use windows specifically for desktop.

Remote desktop usage for client-oriented task is pure ass regardless of meme-tech, imho.

idk what do you mean, I use the VPS to run some software that is not on linux and I need to idle

• reliablevps_usreliablevps_us Member, Patron Provider

@alettone said:
    Hello,

I'm looking for a Windows VPS in the New York area to run my trading systems.
    This means that the VPS has to be reliable prior to cheap.
    I've tried Contabo for several months but the performances drop a lot after some time, I suppose because they add more VPSes to my host which is then overloaded.
    I usually tell them that the performances are low and they switch me to another host, then after some weeks I have the drop again.

I see that there are a lot of VPS providers here in the forum, a lot of them are not big names (like OVH, Vultr...) and are run by few people: I don't know how much I can trust them.

Do you have any suggestion for a good Windows VPS in New York with a good support?
    I usually select 6 or 8 cores, possibly not an old CPU, it would be fine to have a Geekbench >800 in single core and >4000 in multi.
    I could save some money if it's possible to use my own Windows 10/11 license by loading a custom ISO.

Thanks

Alessandro

Can I know your budget?

• @reliablevps_us said: Can I know your budget?

I'm now trying HostHatch @ $49/month and I'm very satisfied with its speed (probably because of the 12 cores, 6 of which dedicated and 64GB RAM).
    I'm running Windows Server 2022 Standard.

• reliablevps_usreliablevps_us Member, Patron Provider

@alettone said:

@reliablevps_us said: Can I know your budget?

I'm now trying HostHatch @ $49/month and I'm very satisfied with its speed (probably because of the 12 cores, 6 of which dedicated and 64GB RAM).
    I'm running Windows Server 2022 Standard.

Very good deal 👌, all the best.