Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I bought a 2x 1TB (SSD SATA) server from OneProvider, the available space is only 1T, I want to use
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I bought a 2x 1TB (SSD SATA) server from OneProvider, the available space is only 1T, I want to use

mmmxnrsmmmxnrs Member
edited May 2022 in Help

I bought a 2x 1TB (SSD SATA) server from OneProvider, the available space is only 1T, I want to use 2T, what should I do?

I saw a tutorial to modify the raid to raid0 in the bios, but I could not find a place to modify it after entering the bios through the first aid mode.

My server is a little different and does not have these options in its OneProvider settings.

Comments

• eriseris Member

You can setup raid during setup of the OS

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Don't use the BIOS raid. Reinstall the OS and select RAID-0 when partitioning. If you didn't do a manual install, ask OneProvider to.

• mmmxnrsmmmxnrs Member
    edited May 2022

@eris said:

@MikeA said:
    Don't use the BIOS raid. Reinstall the OS and select RAID-0 when partitioning. If you didn't do a manual install, ask OneProvider to.

My server is a little different in that it doesn't have these options.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2022

@mmmxnrs said:

@eris said:

@MikeA said:

My server is a little different in that it doesn't have these options.

Then you must install manually from ISO (if they even let you) or ask OneProvider. They likely just use a single partitioning layout for all auto installs.

• vingohostvingohost Member, Host Rep

Looks like their automatic reinstallation uses raid by default. Try to see if you can install os from inside the IPMI manager and setup the partitions to use RAID 0.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

You should just re-install and re-partition. Looks like default partition layout for the auto-installer.

• Your storage has been doubled.

Thanked by 1Erisa