Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RPI Servers - Micro Colo 1 Year Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RPI Servers - Micro Colo 1 Year Review

I signed up for RPI Servers (by Data Ideas) over 1 year ago for their Micro Colocation (think Intel NUC sized machines). This replaced a Raspberry Pi I was renting from them at the time.

Here is my experience and review:

• Getting setup was a breeze. Got the address in welcome email on where to ship to. Shipped it over to the datacenter via USPS Priority Mail. I was setup within 24 hours of delivery.
  • No power outages or power issues. 100% power uptime.
  • A couple network issues:

• Cogent fiber cut took down the network for about a day
    • 2nd Cogent fiber cut. They had added a 2nd provider (Lumen) by this time, but it had limited capacity so the network was pretty saturated until Cogent was back up. They've since upgraded the Lumen circuit.
  • @DataIdeas-Josh is very responsive via tickets and Discord.

• Once I needed a manual reboot and it was taken care of very quickly after opening a ticket.
    • Recently migrated IP addresses to their own IP block and Josh was great about coordinating with me on the cutover.
  • Really good value for the price.

I should note I don't run anything critical that would lose money if they were down.
Clearly they had some growing pains with the network but I have not had any downtime this year with them. Overall I am a happy customer and highly recommend if it fits your needs.

Comments