Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can we monitor whether my vps is booting or shuting down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How can we monitor whether my vps is booting or shuting down

Hello everyone,long time no see.Recently I want to write a go program running as a service in my Vpses and it can notify me when my vps is booting or shuting down.How can I achieve this?I need to Know the timing when VPS is online or offline. Monitoring the RUN level or something else?I need you advice~

Comments

• Are servers shutting down or booting up without your knowledge something that often happens to you?

• @dane_doherty said:
    Are servers shutting down or booting up without your knowledge something that often happens to you?

You know,sometimes Vps can go offline because Provider's maintanices or outages.So I want to monitor these events and record them~

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited May 2022

@Franzkafka said:
    You know,sometimes Vps can go offline because Provider's maintanices or outages.So I want to monitor these events and record them~

What's wrong with the plethora of uptime monitors that have been mentioned here? Why do you want to roll your own? Wheel is round. Must reinvent. Ooga booga?

• totototototo Member
    edited May 2022

Is HetrixTools not enough?

(edit) I mean, what I said about their API

• ...check the uptime?

• pufferfpufferf Member

I use Munin, you can notice if the server has been rebooted using the uptime graph.

A simpler solution would be to send a mail from the host at init.

• Sir, you are needing AutoBoot(tm) from DewLancing sir.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Franzkafka said:
    I want to write a go program running as a service in my Vpses and it can notify me when my vps is booting or shuting down

Write a systemd service that is configured to start automatically.
    You should use Type=oneshot.
    Then, put two different commands in ExecStart= and ExecStop=, the former is called when your server is booting, the latter is called when your server is shutting down.

Thanked by 1webcraft