Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for someone who has 30 cpanels/Wordpress sites at different hosts
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for someone who has 30 cpanels/Wordpress sites at different hosts

rackhqrackhq Member

I need to set-up a private proxy network for a client. He needs about 30 different IPs in different class C subnets to scrape a few different financial websites/APIs without getting his IP blocked (this is not for SERP/Google).

I found a Wordpress proxy plugin that will work for this purpose so it can be installed at any shared host. But I don't want to open 30 shared hosting accounts. Maybe someone out there in the community has access to 30 IPs in different subnets/hosting accounts. Total monthly bandwidth between the 30 hosts would be no more than 100 GB, so this would go unnoticed at most shared hosting providers. I don't even need access to the accounts, just need you to configure the plugin with the specs we send.

If someone can help me get this resolved I can trade for a VPS with excellent specs.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Welcome to LET. This sounds suspicious.

• Just abuse stuff like Cloudflare Workers, AWS Lambda, Vercel, etc. etc.

There are a million cloud functions services and they usually randomize outgoing IPs as well.

Thanked by 3sgno1 szymonp dev077
  • There are better ways of doing this than with Wordpress plugins

Congrats on your first post!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Shoes?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Sneaky sneaker sneaking

• rackhqrackhq Member

@ehhthing said:
    Just abuse stuff like Cloudflare Workers, AWS Lambda, Vercel, etc. etc.

There are a million cloud functions services and they usually randomize outgoing IPs as well.

I haven't come across any cloud service that could solve this (proxy from different IPs) without requiring 30 different instances to be spun up.

• rackhqrackhq Member

@Peppery9 said:
    There are better ways of doing this than with Wordpress plugins

Congrats on your first post!

For sure. But a WP plugin gets it done for free at any cpanel account.

• turdskiturdski Member

This will most likely violate the hosting providers' terms of many of those 30 accounts. I can't see why anyone would risk losing 30 accounts and getting banned by X providers to help you "for free".

Thanked by 2bruh21 webcraft
  • that sounds legit...

• rackhqrackhq Member
    edited May 2022

@turdski said:
    This will most likely violate the hosting providers' terms of many of those 30 accounts. I can't see why anyone would risk losing 30 accounts and getting banned by X providers to help you "for free".

You didn’t read my original post. I’m trading for a VPS with excellent specs. And the WP plug-in means the person who takes me up on my offer can do this for free on their end.

I don’t see why it would violate any terms. This is a private proxy not an open one and we’re talking 3GB of traffic per cpanel. I’ve already had two hosting providers with servers in different class A networks offer to sell me this service, so clearly adding 100GB of traffic to a network is not a big concern.

Still, if I can get this done through a trade I prefer that. I’m sure someone out there could use a high end VPS for free.

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited May 2022

Someone who has 30 different accounts would probably be hosting websites for a living. There's no way they are going to make this deal with you. Also, I don't really understand why you need the IPs to come from different subnets.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@rackhq said: Still, if I can get this done through a trade I prefer that. I’m sure someone out there could use a high end VPS for free.

You've just signed up here. Why should anyone trust you?

• rackhqrackhq Member

@angstrom said:

@rackhq said: Still, if I can get this done through a trade I prefer that. I’m sure someone out there could use a high end VPS for free.

No one needs to trust me. When an interested party contacts me I can provide the complete details of what sites we are scraping and what this is being used for and they can decide if it is worth it for them. Once it is setup they can also verify via logs that we are doing what we say we are doing.

Scraping is 100% legal, confirmed by the Supreme Court. Every SEO tool out there is using proxies to scrape Google all day long. Companies scrape the sites of their competitors to see their pricing, etc etc.

I understand a level of caution since I’m new, but everyone was new at some point.

• emghemgh Member

Cut this guy some slack my god ...

though I don't believe you'll find anyone with 30 accounts who's willing to take the risks since any one for any reason having 30 accounts is probably using them for something where this offer just isn't worth it.

I'd look into asking proxy providers honestly.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • turdskiturdski Member

@NoComment said:
    Also, I don't really understand why you need the IPs to come from different subnets.

Many websites blocks bots and reports them to blacklists. He is trying to mask his bot(s) by splitting the requests out on multiple subnets. Normally you use residential proxies to do this, but it costs $300/mo. - $1200/mo.

• rackhqrackhq Member

@emgh said:

though I don't believe you'll find anyone with 30 accounts who's willing to take the risks since any one for any reason having 30 accounts is probably using them for something where this offer just isn't worth it.

Thanks. The level of aggression really surprised me. Either people have been burned or the community is very distrusting for some other reason.

I know there are proxy providers out there, but this being low end talk, I’m trying to get this done without spending $$$.

I have a PowerEdge with spare resources so I figured I’d try trading first before spending. I’ve found anytime I can get something done without adding a monthly fee, that has been a good business practice for me. Keeping costs under control is important.

• turdskiturdski Member

@rackhq said:

@turdski said:

I don’t see why it would violate any terms.

Many shared hosting provider terms dictate that shared hosting is for website hosting only. Using a website to hide a proxy for a bot will violate these terms.

@rackhq said:
    Total monthly bandwidth between the 30 hosts would be no more than 100 GB, so this would go unnoticed at most shared hosting providers.

Why is it necessary to point out that it would go unnoticed if you think it isn't against the terms?

@rackhq said:
    The level of aggression really surprised me. Either people have been burned or the community is very distrusting for some other reason.

Have you considered that your request sounds a little bit shady?

From your profile:

Do you own, operate, or work for a hosting provider? Yes

Why don't you use your own IPs?

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited May 2022

@rackhq said:
    I know there are proxy providers out there, but this being low end talk, I’m trying to get this done without spending $$$.

Lowendtalk isn't charity. Nobody needs your server (we got a lot here for "low") so you're basically looking for somebody to throw away his IPs and risk being held liable.
    There's good reasons most hosts here don't provide free services, the abuse rate is just too high and so I'm suspicious for your way of asking for a basically free service (as said, the server in return is practically useless and so worthless for most here). The big boiys like those mentioned by @ehhthing can handle it differently and thus are your only option probably.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • AndrewSSDAndrewSSD Member, Host Rep

Why not going directly and purchase your own server from datacenters directly instead of hurting people businesses ?

• rackhqrackhq Member

@turdski said:

@rackhq said:

@turdski said:

I don’t see why it would violate any terms.

Many shared hosting provider terms dictate that shared hosting is for website hosting only. Using a website to hide a proxy for a bot will violate these terms.

I’m not asking anyone to violate any terms.

@rackhq said:
    Total monthly bandwidth between the 30 hosts would be no more than 100 GB, so this would go unnoticed at most shared hosting providers.

Why is it necessary to point out that it would go unnoticed if you think it isn't against the terms?

It’s not going to cause any problems, that’s what I’m trying to say. I don’t think any provider will get hurt with an extra 3 GB of transfer.

@rackhq said:
    The level of aggression really surprised me. Either people have been burned or the community is very distrusting for some other reason.

Have you considered that your request sounds a little bit shady?

I suppose to someone who doesn’t understand the business use for scraping it could seem that way.

From your profile:

Do you own, operate, or work for a hosting provider? Yes

Why don't you use your own IPs?

I have IP4 in a single class A. So I’m unable to resolve this with my own resources. If I could have solved this on my own I wouldn’t have posted here. I thought that would have been clear but perhaps not.

• rackhqrackhq Member

@webcraft said:

@rackhq said:

Lowendtalk isn't charity. Nobody needs your server (we got a lot here for "low") so you're basically looking for somebody to throw away his IPs and risk being held liable.

Last I checked people are posting threads all day long here looking for VPS and for specs quite inferior to what I’d willing to trade for this, so I don’t think you speak for everyone here.

How about letting me publish my offer and let each person make up his or her own mind?

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited May 2022

@rackhq said: I suppose to someone who doesn’t understand the business use for scraping it could seem that way.

Those financial websites/APIs you mentioned provide data for free only if it is for personal use and that is why they rate limit you. Why don't you simply pay them for access to their api for your business use instead of this roundabout abuse by sharing shared hosting?

Thanked by 2webcraft szymonp
  • szymonpszymonp Member

@rackhq said:
    I need to set-up a private proxy network for a client. He needs about 30 different IPs in different class C subnets to scrape a few different financial websites/APIs without getting his IP blocked (this is not for SERP/Google).

I found a Wordpress proxy plugin that will work for this purpose so it can be installed at any shared host. But I don't want to open 30 shared hosting accounts. Maybe someone out there in the community has access to 30 IPs in different subnets/hosting accounts. Total monthly bandwidth between the 30 hosts would be no more than 100 GB, so this would go unnoticed at most shared hosting providers. I don't even need access to the accounts, just need you to configure the plugin with the specs we send.

If someone can help me get this resolved I can trade for a VPS with excellent specs.

Most shared hosting will ban you for this

• szymonpszymonp Member

Just pay for some proxies, if you just need 30 datacenter IP's that won't be expensive.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

reported to the fbi

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Almost all shared hosts have provisions in their terms of service forbidding the usage of their services for proxying. In addition to that, as mentioned before - this'll almost certainly break the terms of service of the site being scraped. If they wanted their copyrighted data to be available for free, they would license it for free.

If you're really adamant on doing it though - why not just use a public VPN service? One of the popular ones that float around this forum allows 10 connections for $20 for a lifetime.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited May 2022

@rackhq said:

@angstrom said:

No one needs to trust me. When an interested party contacts me I can provide the complete details of what sites we are scraping and what this is being used for and they can decide if it is worth it for them. Once it is setup they can also verify via logs that we are doing what we say we are doing.

Scraping is 100% legal, confirmed by the Supreme Court. Every SEO tool out there is using proxies to scrape Google all day long. Companies scrape the sites of their competitors to see their pricing, etc etc.

I understand a level of caution since I’m new, but everyone was new at some point.

Oh fuck off. It's blocked because it's resource abuse and against the terms of using most sites.

You wouldn't need 30 different fucking IP's if this was kosher.

Also, quote the Supreme Court ruling so we know it's about the API abuse being allowed under all circumstances and not fair content use being argued by newspapers or other search engines.

• @rackhq said:

@emgh said:

Thanks. The level of aggression really surprised me. Either people have been burned or the community is very distrusting for some other reason.

I have a PowerEdge with spare resources so I figured I’d try trading first before spending. I’ve found anytime I can get something done without adding a monthly fee, that has been a good business practice for me. Keeping costs under control is important.

Trading 30 hosts for one is a shitty deal and you're looking to take advantage of someone, for sure.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • rackhqrackhq Member

@LordSpock said:

If you're really adamant on doing it though - why not just use a public VPN service? One of the popular ones that float around this forum allows 10 connections for $20 for a lifetime.

That’s the first helpful suggestion I’ve seen as of yet in this thread. Thanks, I’m going to look into it. Glad to see not everyone is a hater.

• JasonMJasonM Member

30 LET members can give you 30 different accounts.
    but why would they? :#