Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying back your "VPS 2018 Discovery SSD 1" OVH offer in SGP1/SGP2 datacenter.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buying back your "VPS 2018 Discovery SSD 1" OVH offer in SGP1/SGP2 datacenter.

Title says it all.

Looking to buy back your "VPS 2018 Discovery SSD 1" offer from OVH if located in their Singapore datacenter (SGP1 or SGP2).

To be precise; it is the discovery promotional discontinued 2018 offer with 1vCore/1GB RAM/30GB SSD for $2.50 USD a month.

Poke this thread if you have one idling that you're not actively using and are willing to part with it for a small PayPal amount or some crypto.

Thanks!

Comments

• HakimHakim Member

Wasn't it just one time discount? I used this plan. Renewal price was 5$ month as far I can recall.

Thanked by 1BKKHK
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Hakim said:
    Wasn't it just one time discount? I used this plan. Renewal price was 5$ month as far I can recall.

The earliest batch with limited quantity is recurring discount, after that those are just first term

Thanked by 2Hakim BKKHK
  • BKKHKBKKHK Member
    edited April 2022

@FAT32 said:

@Hakim said:

The earliest batch with limited quantity is recurring discount, after that those are just first term

Yup that's the one also known internally as "VPS 2018 Discovery SSD".

The specs and prices at the time (in 2018 mind you) were mindblowing:

VPS 2018 Discovery SSD 1: 1vCores/1GiB/30GiB/1TB per month: $2.50USD.
    VPS 2018 Discovery SSD 2: 2vCores/2GiB/40GiB/1TB per month: $5.00USD.
    VPS 2018 Discovery SSD 3: 2vCores/4GiB/60GiB/1TB per month: $10.00USD.
    VPS 2018 Discovery SSD 4: 4vCores/8GiB/80GiB/1TB per month: $20.00USD.

Those who snagged the smallest deal got an unbeatable deal specially for a premium location such as Singapore.

@OVH_APAC Has had other deals over the years but nothing comes even close to it in terms of price and performance, in fact earlier this year they had another ~4'ish$ offer, I trialed it and cancelled the service immediately, the CPU performance and I/O were raw dogshit (like -25% bogomips) compared to the 2018 Discovery offer.

I already have one VPS 2018 Discovery SSD 1, I'd like to snag a second one, needless to say I'll never let "go" the VPS I have with them, I use it to host personal sh*t and as a VPN whenever I'm in Asia.

Un-beat-a-ble.

Thanked by 2FAT32 dosai
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited April 2022

gullo ovh sg 1GB for $12/y (with dedicated IPv4) was more premium and more mindblowing altought it was ovz (assumed that using for vpn only)

• go626201go626201 Member
    edited April 2022

The downside of the Discovery SSD plan only have 100mbps bandwidth.
    I think the current offering VPS plan (with 12/24month discount) is better than that old Discovery SSD plan.

@BKKHK said:

@FAT32 said:

@Hakim said:

I thought the Discovery SSD plan 2/3/4 got 2tb/3tb/4tb bandwidth?

• BKKHKBKKHK Member
    edited April 2022

@go626201 said:
    The downside of the Discovery SSD plan only have 100mbps bandwidth.
    I think the current offering VPS plan (with 12/24month discount) is better than that old Discovery SSD plan.

@BKKHK said:

@FAT32 said:

@Hakim said:

I thought the Discovery SSD plan 2/3/4 got 2tb/3tb/4tb bandwidth?

I wouldn't possibly know that, if I recall correctly these offers specs are:

1) The bandwidth speed is "only" 100Mbit, not gigabit and not 250Mbit like the newest offers.
    2) The 1TB monthly traffic cap is only outbound, not inbound.
    3) The bandwidth speed gets throttled to 10Mbit once you've exhausted your monthly allowance.
    4) Unlike the newest OVH offers, these offers are not "vRack enabled", means if you have two OVH servers even located in the same datacenter, traffic exchanged between those servers/services is counted as outbound traffic therefore eating up some of your monthly allowance.

That's all I recall about them but still 2.5$ a month for a 7008.00 bogomips server is Godly good hence why I'd like to get a second one.

Also these are the pricings of the VPS 2018 Discovery line-up:

(Right click on the image open in a new tab, sh*t is unreadable.)

Un-beat-a-ble deal. Put in perspective: A friggin kebab or a hotdog snack is more expensive than this VPS offer. (Gah, now I'm hungry).

• dosaidosai Member

@BKKHK said:

@FAT32 said:

@Hakim said:

Those who snagged the smallest deal got an unbeatable deal specially for a premium location such as Singapore.

@OVH_APAC Has had other deals over the years but nothing comes even close to it in terms of price and performance, in fact earlier this year they had another ~4'ish$ offer, I trialed it and cancelled the service immediately, the CPU performance and I/O were raw dogshit (like -25% bogomips) compared to the 2018 Discovery offer.

I already have one VPS 2018 Discovery SSD 1, I'd like to snag a second one, needless to say I'll never let "go" the VPS I have with them, I use it to host personal sh*t and as a VPN whenever I'm in Asia.

Un-beat-a-ble.

Gib me pl0x

• BKKHKBKKHK Member

Okay lol so now you want one as well. I killed my own thread. GG.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • You get better deals for this prices.

• BKKHKBKKHK Member
    edited April 2022

@ascicode said:
    You get better deals for this prices.

Better than 1vCores@7008 Bogomips/1GiB/30GiB/1TB traffic hosted in Singapore with a direct link to Europe (147ms) for $2.50 per month from a host that won't disappear overnight?

I'd love to see that.

Even current OVH deals cannot match their own previous deals from 4 years ago...

• BKKHKBKKHK Member
    edited May 2022

.hgin si dne ehT

Mod edit (angstrom)

• BKKHKBKKHK Member
    edited May 2022

.hgin si dne ehT

Mod edit (angstrom): Please use English (and don't post the same text twice)

• bdlbdl Member

I remember those, I had one in Sydney... and then closed it down to switch to Hostdoc who folded a few weeks later :(

• BKKHKBKKHK Member

@bdl said:
    I remember those, I had one in Sydney... and then closed it down to switch to Hostdoc who folded a few weeks later :(

Good promo offers, good times. That's why I only go with hosts like OVH, Hetzner, Online (Scaleway), etc, etc, you just can't trust small hosts.

• BKKHKBKKHK Member

@BKKHK said:
    .hgin si dne ehT

It is in English, in reverse: The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1szymonp
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@BKKHK said:

@BKKHK said:
    .hgin si dne ehT

It is in English, in reverse: The end is nigh.

Okay, I see, :) but it's better to be transparent (and no need to post it twice)

• BKKHKBKKHK Member

I think the thread is dead anyway. Be back later in 6 months or so.

• dosaidosai Member

Pointless bump

• BKKHKBKKHK Member

Yep see ya in 6 months for a third similar thread. RIP. Bye LET.