Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVHcloud DEALS ★ Dedi Servers from $38/m ★ VPS from $5/m ★ $200 Public Cloud Free Credits
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVHcloud DEALS ★ Dedi Servers from $38/m ★ VPS from $5/m ★ $200 Public Cloud Free Credits

OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

OVHcloud Deals has begun | Offer ends on 10th May'22 | While stocks last

Deals at a glance:

• Game servers: Europe and NAM locations | Game-2 | Up to 39% off | From only US$114.09/month
  • Rise servers: Europe and NAM locations | Up to 20% off | From only US$66.87/month
  • Rise servers: Asia Pacific locations | No setup fees | From only US$56.75/month
  • Advance servers: Europe and NAM locations | Advance-1 to 3 (64GB RAM option) | Up to 14% off | From only US$104.04/month
  • Eco servers: Asia Pacific, Europe and NAM locations | So you Start & Rise range | No setup fees, Up to 20% off Rise | From only US$37.99/month
  • VPS Plans: Asia Pacific, Europe and NAM locations | Up to 30% off with the 1-month free automatic backup option
  • Public Cloud | A$250 Free Cloud Credit | Valid for 1 month on all Pay-as-you-go services after voucher activation

🛒 Shop all deals:

Dedicated Server Offers

Game-2 Dedicated Server

Perks:

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - 8c/16t - 3.8 GHz/4.7 GHz
  • Up to 128GB DDR4 ECC RAM
  • 2x SSD NVMe 960GB or 2x HDD SATA 4TB + 2x SSD NVMe 960GB
  • 250Mbits unmetered (Burst 1Gbits)
  • Hosted in Europe and North America regions
  • Anti-DDoS Protection included
  • Each server has a public IPv4 address and an IPv6 address range (Up to 256 IPv4 with one-off fee/IPv4 – no monthly recurring fee)
  • No setup fees
  • From US$114.09 ex.GST/month

Rise-1 Dedicated Server

Perks:

• Intel Xeon-E 2136 - 6c/12t - 3.3GHz/4.5GHzz
  • Up to 128GB DDR4 ECC RAM
  • 2x SSD NVMe 512GB or 2x HDD SATA 4TB
  • 500Mbits bandwidth Unmetered
  • 500GB free backup storage space (up to 10TB paid options)
  • Each server has a public IPv4 address and an IPv6 address range (Up to 256 IPv4 with one-off fee/IPv4 – no monthly recurring fee)
  • From US$66.87 ex.GST/month

Rise-APAC Dedicated Server

Perks:

• Intel Xeon E3-1245v5 - 4c/8t - 3.5GHz/3.9GHz
  • 32GB DDR4 ECC RAM
  • 2x HDD SATA 2TB
  • 250Mbits Bandwidth - 10TB traffic
  • Hosted in Asia Pacific regions
  • 500GB free backup storage space (up to 10TB paid options)
  • From US$56.75 ex.GST/month

Advance-1 Dedicated Server

Perks:

• Intel Xeon-E 2386G - 6c/12t - 3.5GHz/4.7GHz
  • 64GB DDR4 ECC RAM
  • 2x SSD NVMe 512GB or 2x HDD SATA 4TB
  • 1Gbits bandwidth Unmetered
  • From US$104.04 ex.GST/month

Looking for low cost servers? Check out our Eco Range (So you Start/Rise).

🛒 Shop dedicated servers:

VPS Offers

Offers Highlights on VPS: Value, Essential

• With 12 months commitment : 20% off for 12 months (monthly payment) + Automatic backup option free for 1 month
  • With 24 months commitment : 30% off for 24 months (monthly payment) + Automatic backup option free for 1 month

Our VPS SSD NVMe Plans

VPS Value

• 1 vCores
  • 2GB RAM
  • 40GB SSD NVMe
  • Unmetered Traffic @ 250Mbps (except Asia-Pacific data centers 1TB Traffic/month @ 250Mbps*)

VPS Essential

• 2 vCores
  • 4GB RAM
  • 80GB SSD NVMe
  • Unmetered Traffic @ 500Mbps (except Asia-Pacific data centers 2TB Traffic/month @ 500Mbps*)

🛒 Shop VPS:

Public Cloud Offers

US$200 Public Cloud trial offer, valid for 1 month on all Pay-as-you-go services after voucher activation

Build your applications on top of our innovative ecosystem of Public Cloud solutions:

• Compute Instances: Easily scale resources on the fly according to your project needs
  • Storage: Store or backup your mission-critical data with full control and reversibility
  • Databases: Leave the database administration to us with our managed databases for MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, Kafka MirrorMaker and OpenSearch
  • Containers & Orchestration: Speed up your workflow with automation tools for your virtualised or containerised applications
  • Data Analytics: Leverage your data analysis more quickly and efficiently
  • AI & Machine Learning: Tap onto the power of artificial intelligence easily with minimal complexities

🛒 Start free trial:

About OVH

OVHcloud is a global player and the leading European cloud provider operating 400,000 servers within its own 32 data centers across 4 continents. For more than 20 years, the Group has been leveraging an integrated model that provides full control of our value chain, from designing our servers to managing our data centers through to orchestrating our fibre-optic network. This unique approach enables OVHcloud to cover, independently, the full spectrum of use cases for our 1.6 million customers across 140 countries. OVHcloud now offers customers the latest-generation solutions that combine high performance, predictable pricing, and full data sovereignty to support their unfettered growth.

Thanked by 2SinV caracal

Comments

• @OVH_APAC why i sometimes got mismatched results between soyoustart and ovh eco? Ex. soyoustart shows in stock but ovh eco shows out of stock.

• Is fire protection included?

Thanked by 1SP
  • OVH paid! @Nekki

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • ErisaErisa Member

@caracal said:
    OVH paid! @Nekki

OVH was one of the earlier payers, this was already discussed

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • NicholasOXINicholasOXI Member, Host Rep

@jason5545 said:
    @OVH_APAC why i sometimes got mismatched results between soyoustart and ovh eco? Ex. soyoustart shows in stock but ovh eco shows out of stock.

There is a bug on the stock system basically, been an issue for a few weeks now; chased them quite a bit for this over the last few weeks but with little progress, they have been fixing some configurations but not many; seems they are just not adding as many servers back to the pool as quickly as the old APIs which delivered the old SoYouStart website.

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@NicholasOXI said:

@jason5545 said:
    @OVH_APAC why i sometimes got mismatched results between soyoustart and ovh eco? Ex. soyoustart shows in stock but ovh eco shows out of stock.

There is a bug on the stock system basically, been an issue for a few weeks now; chased them quite a bit for this over the last few weeks but with little progress, they have been fixing some configurations but not many; seems they are just not adding as many servers back to the pool as quickly as the old APIs which delivered the old SoYouStart website.

Hello @jason5545 and @NicholasOXI , I was not aware of this issue but will check and tackle it internally. Feel free to PM me with an example or any ticket you may have opened already.

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • @cheap_box said:
    Is fire protection included?

I definitely think they learned from the lesson.

• DrukpaDrukpa Member
    edited April 2022

@OVH_APAC said: Perks:

Intel Xeon E3-1245v5 - 4c/8t - 3.5GHz/3.9GHz
    32GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    2x HDD SATA 2TB
    250Mbits Bandwidth - 10TB traffic
    Hosted in Asia Pacific regions
    Anti-DDoS Protection included
    500GB free backup storage space (up to 10TB paid options)
    Each server has a public IPv4 address and an IPv6 address range (Up to 256 IPv4 with one-off fee/IPv4 – no monthly recurring fee)
    From US$56.75 ex.GST/month

Am interested in this with a Windows 2019 server license. With that license, will users be able to remote desktop into the server, or are there additional license requirements? Also, 2x2TB option is not available.

• I have a VPS 2018 Discovery SSD 2 in SGP DC, how can I migrate to the newer VPS range?
    I saw your 2020 post replies said that there will be a migrate button for us to migrate to the newer range? But i never see it appear on my VPS panel.

@OVH_APAC said:

@NicholasOXI said:

@jason5545 said:

Hello @jason5545 and @NicholasOXI , I was not aware of this issue but will check and tackle it internally. Feel free to PM me with an example or any ticket you may have opened already.

Just as a follow up, issue has been raised internally and identified. It will be fixed soon. Something to do with the low availability of some servers (higher failsafe on eco range than old SYS website). Thank you again for alerting here and feel free if any question.
    If you need one of these servers and want to order from ecorange I suggest you to contact our sales team to create a manual order. (alternatively you can still order on the old soyousstart website).
    Hope this helps/clarifies

Thanked by 1jason5545

@go626201 said:
    I have a VPS 2018 Discovery SSD 2 in SGP DC, how can I migrate to the newer VPS range?
    I saw your 2020 post replies said that there will be a migrate button for us to migrate to the newer range? But i never see it appear on my VPS panel.

Hello @go626201 , Unfortunately we do not offer a one-click migration from the old VPS SSD Discovery to the newer range. That was a special edition of VPS in APAC (different CPU frequency as well).

• go626201go626201 Member
    edited April 2022

@OVH_APAC said:

@go626201 said:
    I have a VPS 2018 Discovery SSD 2 in SGP DC, how can I migrate to the newer VPS range?

Hello @go626201 , Unfortunately we do not offer a one-click migration from the old VPS SSD Discovery to the newer range. That was a special edition of VPS in APAC (different CPU frequency as well).

Okay,thanks for your Explanation.So i just get another newer range VPS.

@Drukpa said:

@OVH_APAC said: Perks:

Intel Xeon E3-1245v5 - 4c/8t - 3.5GHz/3.9GHz
    32GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    2x HDD SATA 2TB
    250Mbits Bandwidth - 10TB traffic
    Hosted in Asia Pacific regions
    Anti-DDoS Protection included
    500GB free backup storage space (up to 10TB paid options)
    Each server has a public IPv4 address and an IPv6 address range (Up to 256 IPv4 with one-off fee/IPv4 – no monthly recurring fee)
    From US$56.75 ex.GST/month

Am interested in this with a Windows 2019 server license. With that license, will users be able to remote desktop into the server, or are there additional license requirements? Also, 2x2TB option is not available.

Hello @Drukpa , sorry for the delayed answer as this was more a tech support related question but I got the answer for you:
    The Windows 2019 server license will grant only one connection at a time via RDP. If you requires multiple users to connect at once, you will need to look into "cal licenses" with Microsoft themselves or a third party.
    Hope this helps

• BKKHKBKKHK Member
    edited May 2022

@OVH_APAC said:

@go626201 said:

processor : 0
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 60
    model name : Intel Core Processor (Haswell, no TSX)
    stepping : 1
    microcode : 0x1
    cpu MHz : 3504.000
    cache size : 16384 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings : 1
    core id : 0
    cpu cores : 1
    apicid : 0
    initial apicid : 0
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 13
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl xtopology cpuid tsc_known_freq pni pclmulqdq vmx ssse3 fma cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm abm cpuid_fault invpcid_single pti tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid ept_ad fsgsbase bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid xsaveopt arat md_clear
    vmx flags : vnmi preemption_timer invvpid ept_x_only ept_ad ept_1gb flexpriority tsc_offset vtpr mtf vapic ept vpid unrestricted_guest pml
    bugs : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spec_store_bypass l1tf mds swapgs itlb_multihit srbds
    bogomips : 7008.00
    clflush size : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

Extremely well tuned CPUs.

• mronezcmronezc Member

order number 13234544,Can you help me with the order, I'm afraid he's about to expire

Hi @mronezc, your order appears to be still pending verification documents. Kindly provide the requested document(s) as per advised to avoid further delay, thank you!

• donlidonli Member

@jason5545 said:

@cheap_box said:
    Is fire protection included?

I definitely think they learned from the lesson.

That's what they want you to think.

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • dosaidosai Member

@BKKHK said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@go626201 said:

flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl xtopology cpuid tsc_known_freq pni pclmulqdq vmx ssse3 fma cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm abm cpuid_fault invpcid_single pti tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid ept_ad fsgsbase bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid xsaveopt arat md_clear
    vmx flags : vnmi preemption_timer invvpid ept_x_only ept_ad ept_1gb flexpriority tsc_offset vtpr mtf vapic ept vpid unrestricted_guest pml
    bugs : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spec_store_bypass l1tf mds swapgs itlb_multihit srbds
    power management:

If possible, could you post yabs or gb5?

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@OVH_APAC

Do you have any plans to have VPS servers with 3Ghz+ CPU's at all please?

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

@JamesF said:
    @OVH_APAC

Exactly what Im missing from OVH offers. Or upgrade VPS line to Zen2/Zen3, singlecore performance should be a lot higher then.

• mronezcmronezc Member

@OVH_APAC said:
    Hi @mronezc, your order appears to be still pending verification documents. Kindly provide the requested document(s) as per advised to avoid further delay, thank you!

Very good, the processing speed is fast, I updated the relevant information

edited May 2022

@JamesF said:
    @OVH_APAC

Hi @JamesF , not at the moment unfortunately :p You may consider checking out our Public Cloud CPU instance solution as an alternative however.

• BKKHKBKKHK Member
    edited May 2022

@dosai said:

@BKKHK said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@go626201 said:

power management:

Sure, but anyway as you know, these offers were in very limited availability and have been discontinued since 2018, so it is a moot point.

Here goes:

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2022-04-30

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

Wed May 4 09:31:30 PM +08 2022

Basic System Information:

Processor : Intel Core Processor (Haswell, no TSX)
    CPU cores : 1 @ 3504.000 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 951.3 MiB
    Swap : 0.0 KiB
    Disk : 29.5 GiB

Less than 2GB of space available. Skipping disk test...

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 87.4 Mbits/sec | 89.3 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 87.3 Mbits/sec | 89.0 Mbits/sec
    Hybula | The Netherlands (40G) | 92.1 Mbits/sec | 89.7 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 86.8 Mbits/sec | 89.5 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 82.6 Mbits/sec | 81.6 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 90.2 Mbits/sec | 92.5 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 762
    Multi Core | 736
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/14713230

2.50$ a month/recurring for life/Singapore location, good enough for me.

Again don't get confused, these are not the current offers for sale, this is a discontinued offer from 2018, we're borderline polluting the thread here.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@BKKHK said:

@dosai said:

@BKKHK said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@go626201 said:

power management:

Sure, but anyway as you know, these offers were in very limited availability and have been discontinued since 2018, so it is a moot point.

Here goes:

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2022-04-30

| | |

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 762
    Multi Core | 736

Again don't get confused, these are not the current offers for sale, this is a discontinued offer from 2018, we're borderline polluting the thread here.

Is this the equivalent of the $3.50 starter plan? if so, I tested this about a week ago, it was horrendously slow. I mean it was so slow, just trying to get VSCode's built in nodejs server to work on it just to do basic coding was so slow I cancelled the darn thing.

I ended up taking the $6.00 2GB plan and that was much better BUT I'm going to cancel that too since I just got my first SYS server (the D-1520) which as of right now, I'm a bit disappointed of the dedicated performance but it's a good start as it's obviously much better than the $3.50 and I think the $6.00 one. Need to run more tests - I waited for the D1540 which I was hoping to get but it's month and none I ever saw became available soo, this $26.99 will have to do.

• dosaidosai Member

@risharde said:

@BKKHK said:

@dosai said:

@BKKHK said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@go626201 said:

power management:

Here goes:

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2022-04-30

| | |

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 762
    Multi Core | 736

Is this the equivalent of the $3.50 starter plan? if so, I tested this about a week ago, it was horrendously slow. I mean it was so slow, just trying to get VSCode's built in nodejs server to work on it just to do basic coding was so slow I cancelled the darn thing.

I ended up taking the $6.00 2GB plan and that was much better BUT I'm going to cancel that too since I just got my first SYS server (the D-1520) which as of right now, I'm a bit disappointed of the dedicated performance but it's a good start as it's obviously much better than the $3.50 and I think the $6.00 one. Need to run more tests - I waited for the D1540 which I was hoping to get but it's month and none I ever saw became available soo, this $26.99 will have to do.

Which location? Do you recall what steal was like?

@dosai said:

@risharde said:

@BKKHK said:

@dosai said:

@BKKHK said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@go626201 said:

power management:

Here goes:

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2022-04-30

| | |

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 762
    Multi Core | 736

Which location? Do you recall what steal was like?

Good question, sorry I forgot to mention, this was BHS in Canada. Steal was noticeable (even though I don't understand it much, noticable varying usually between 1 and I think about 7 (with just VSCODE).

Thanked by 1dosai
  • BKKHKBKKHK Member

@risharde said:

@BKKHK said:

@dosai said:

@BKKHK said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@go626201 said:

power management:

Here goes:

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2022-04-30

| | |

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 762
    Multi Core | 736

No, these are the "good fast" discontinued plans at 2.50$ (not 3.50$) from 4 years ago, the newer plans at 3.50$ are even slower, they're trash sorry @OVH_APAC.

Thanked by 1risharde

@BKKHK said:

@risharde said:

@BKKHK said:

@dosai said:

@BKKHK said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@go626201 said:

power management:

Here goes:

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2022-04-30

| | |

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 762
    Multi Core | 736

No, these are the "good fast" discontinued plans at 2.50$ (not 3.50$) from 4 years ago, the newer plans at 3.50$ are even slower, they're trash sorry @OVH_APAC.

Wow, wish I had signed up for the $2.50 plans when they were available, sounds like a great deal then!

• I want to buy ovh products, but I can't pay with Alipay, unfortunately I don't have a credit card

• @risharde said:
    I waited for the D1540 which I was hoping to get but it's month and none I ever saw became available soo, this $26.99 will have to do.

It was available on soyoustart directly for a few days but it was never available on ovhcloud for the free setup fee.

Thanked by 1risharde