Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for global web hosting accounts that allow the same domain name
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for global web hosting accounts that allow the same domain name

tester4tester4 Member
edited April 2022 in Requests

Hi,

I'm looking for web hosting accounts in the following locations:

US East
US West
US Central
Singapore
Sydney
EU Central
Any other region I haven't covered if good price

The main predicament I have is I need to be able to use the same domain on all locations, and most providers use clustered DNS, meaning they can only have 1 domain unless they do manual work of not syncing a local DNS zone to the cluster. Most providers I speak to don't know how to do this, or are unwilling to so I thought I'd ask here instead.

Spec wise it just needs to have around 1GB of Disk Space, unlimited bandwidth and a normal allocation of LVE limits. Can be cPanel or DirectAdmin, looking to spend around up to $30-$40 per year due to the low specifications but it can be higher depending on the circumstances.

Comments

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anycast

First decide what you need then ask, refrain from pointing fault in others and reconsider your budget if you want someone to actually help with that.

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited April 2022

@Saahib said:

First decide what you need then ask, refrain from pointing fault in others and reconsider your budget if you want someone to actually help with that.

I do not need an anycast network, if I needed anycast I would have asked for a VPS hosting service that offers anycast addresses. While what I’m intending to do can certainly be done with anycast, there are also ways of doing it with DNS at a much more affordable price.

Perhaps you should take some of your own advice and refrain from chatting shite on other peoples threads.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

@Saahib said:

I don't see what on earth that has to do with anything? He's been fairly clear with what he wants.

Thanked by 2tester4 dahartigan

He need to serve data from one domain but yet wants to serve from multiple location, isn't something like CDN he is trying to do and hence the suggestion.

Perhaps, someone explain to me what is he trying to achieve. Wait, now I don't want to know what he is saying, I lost interest.

You people, continue your discussion.

• @Saahib said:
    He need to serve data from one domain but yet wants to serve from multiple location, isn't something like CDN he is trying to do and hence the suggestion.

Perhaps, someone explain to me what is he trying to achieve. Wait, now I don't want to know what he is saying, I lost interest.

You people, continue your discussion.

Yes, a CDN is what I’m trying to do but you came across extremely arrogant and condescending in your first reply, it wasn’t a suggestion, it was you trying to look intelligent.

I’m happy you lost interest, as I’d never take advice from someone like you anyways.

Re-read your first post, then my reply then your reply again and few other replies and decide who was arrogant at first place, as well as confusing too.

But since, this topic is way above my intelligence, you wiser people continue with your wisdom, don't quote me because I can't resist replying then.

• drama intensifies

• All the location on single provider?

Imo, get a geoDNS and hosting from multiple providers should do the work.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • Imo, @Saahib's comment was legit.

Also, if I understand correctly what you wish to accomplish, follow @Dazzle's advice: register shared hosting to different geographically-located hosts, create your domain there, and then use the shared IP address in a geoDNS-capable DNS server.

• For addition, you can get free GeoDNS at G-Core Labs.
    https://gcorelabs.com/dns/

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@Dazzle said:
    For addition, you can get free GeoDNS at G-Core Labs.
    https://gcorelabs.com/dns/

GeoDNS is on paid tier, not free one.
    Still pretty cheap tho, thanks for link. :)

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited April 2022

@Dazzle said:
    All the location on single provider?

Imo, get a geoDNS and hosting from multiple providers should do the work.

Yep, this is exactly what I am doing. I am using Route53's Latency-based DNS routing to route users to the closest web hosting server to them, effectively giving me CDN-like performance without having to worry about caching times for my low-traffic site.

Thanks for the suggestions but I am well aware of what I am looking to do, with what tools :)

The main objective of the thread was for hosts to offer me pricing and what not directly, most of the hosts that offer something like $12/yearly are in numerous locations but I then hit that problem of DNS zones.

• If it helps you any, I've been able to add the same domain to multiple shared hosting services in different locations all with RackNerd starting at $8.89 per year.

It sounds like that's what you're looking for? If you're interested, they have the following locations: (4 out of your 5 requirements)

Los Angeles, CA
    Strasbourg, France
    Miami, Florida
    Singapore (+$8.00 USD annually)

I maintain a sorted list of their Shared Hosting plans here: https://racknerdtracker.com/?sort=shared-hosting

As for Sydney, could I suggest looking at @CoastHosting who have a Shared Hosting plan in Sydney for $20/year. Their offer thread is here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/178652/25gb-ssd-shared-hosting-cpanel-sydney-australia-amd-epyc-20aud-yr-coast-hosting

I hope that helps :)

Thanked by 2tester4 CoastHosting
  • Exactly what I was looking for @dahartigan - thanks so much! I'll take a look at RackNerd.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @tester4 said:
    Exactly what I was looking for @dahartigan - thanks so much! I'll take a look at RackNerd.

You're welcome :)

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2022

@tester4 we offer a trial account for 48 hours if you wish to give us a try, just let me know

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited April 2022

What you need is just geodns and all you have to do is point to the A records. You don't have to use the nameservers for shared hosting. You can do this on pretty much every shared host.

@tester4 said: Most providers I speak to don't know how to do this, or are unwilling to so I thought I'd ask here instead.

Of course they don't know or are unwilling. You would have had to paid hundreds if not thousands of dollars to ask this at any tech consulting firm. LET members kindly offered you free consulting services (which you should not expect from shared hosts when you pay $3-4/mth)

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited April 2022

@NoComment said:
    What you need is just geodns and all you have to do is point to the A records. You don't have to use the nameservers for shared hosting. You can do this on pretty much every shared host.

@tester4 said: Most providers I speak to don't know how to do this, or are unwilling to so I thought I'd ask here instead.

Of course they don't know or are unwilling. You would have had to paid hundreds if not thousands of dollars to ask this at any tech consulting firm. LET members kindly offered you free consulting services (which you should not expect from shared hosts when you pay $3-4/mth)

This thread seems to have massively derailed.

I never asked for any form of advice on what I'm doing, I was fairly clear in what I needed and why I created the thread. I'm not sure what you are referring to a consulting firm in regards to, my DNS problem is on the provider side, you can't have more than 1 DNS zone for 1 domain in a DNS cluster. My request was for providers that do NOT use DNS clustering, as this would circumvent the problem or if they would be willing to manually fix it by not syncing the zone to the cluster (again, I know what I need and why, I do not need a consulting firm to tell me).

• @AXYZE said:

GeoDNS is on paid tier, not free one.
    Still pretty cheap tho, thanks for link. :)

You're welcome.

The GeoDNS setting is there on the free-tier, able to set and cluster the endpoint, but not working, haha.

It might worked on paid-tier as advertised.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@dahartigan said:
    If it helps you any, I've been able to add the same domain to multiple shared hosting services in different locations all with RackNerd starting at $8.89 per year.

It sounds like that's what you're looking for? If you're interested, they have the following locations: (4 out of your 5 requirements)

Los Angeles, CA
    Strasbourg, France
    Miami, Florida
    Singapore (+$8.00 USD annually)

I maintain a sorted list of their Shared Hosting plans here: https://racknerdtracker.com/?sort=shared-hosting

As for Sydney, could I suggest looking at @CoastHosting who have a Shared Hosting plan in Sydney for $20/year. Their offer thread is here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/178652/25gb-ssd-shared-hosting-cpanel-sydney-australia-amd-epyc-20aud-yr-coast-hosting

I hope that helps :)

RackWhore

• @Nekki said: RackWhore

I dropped the C when I picked up the habit.

• @tester4 said:

@NoComment said:

I never asked for any form of advice on what I'm doing, I was fairly clear in what I needed and why I created the thread. I'm not sure what you are referring to a consulting firm in regards to, my DNS problem is on the provider side, you can't have more than 1 DNS zone for 1 domain in a DNS cluster. My request was for providers that do NOT use DNS clustering, as this would circumvent the problem or if they would be willing to manually fix it by not syncing the zone to the cluster (again, I know what I need and why, I do not need a consulting firm to tell me).

Since you know what you are doing, I have a genuine question for you. Does shared hosting not allow you to run apache/nginx and you are unable to point your domain to each individual cpanel server?

• @NoComment said:

@tester4 said:

@NoComment said:

Since you know what you are doing, I have a genuine question for you. Does shared hosting not allow you to run apache/nginx and you are unable to point your domain to each individual cpanel server?

The problem is that web hosting panels will prevent you from creating a new account if the domain already has a zone on the DNS cluster. The web hosts would have to manually go in and delete the zones, which 9/10 hosts are unwilling to do unfortunately.

• Peppery9Peppery9 Member
    edited April 2022

@tester4 said:
    I am using Route53

@tester4 said:
    The problem is that web hosting panels will prevent you from creating a new account if the domain already has a zone on the DNS cluster. The web hosts would have to manually go in and delete the zones, which 9/10 hosts are unwilling to do unfortunately.

I'm lost. Who cares what DNS records your host is serving if you're using Route53?

• @Peppery9 said:

@tester4 said:
    I am using Route53

@tester4 said:

I'm lost. Who cares what DNS records your host is serving if you're using Route53?

You're unable to create more than 1 hosting account with the same domain, with the same host. Most of the hosts in my budget do cover a lot of regions but I can only use 1 account from each provider, which is why I was fishing for recommendations in a thread.

• I don't understand why there are so many people in here "hurr durr anycast, etc etc" when OP's request was really simple and really well explained.

Usually when I don't understand why the majority of people go against the grain I assume it's me going against the grain, but in this case, OP has made it clear over and over, and I seem to be the only one getting that, in a rare twist of events.

Thanked by 1tester4
  • NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited April 2022

@dahartigan said:
    I don't understand why there are so many people in here "hurr durr anycast, etc etc" when OP's request was really simple and really well explained.

Usually when I don't understand why the majority of people go against the grain I assume it's me going against the grain, but in this case, OP has made it clear over and over, and I seem to be the only one getting that, in a rare twist of events.

Because OP's problem is not being able to create accounts with his domain name. We all know the domain or hostname used when registering for a service doesn't matter. (Unless for shared hosting they restrict you to 1 domain)

The point everyone is trying to make is that you can do georouting with any shared host, dns cluster or not. But I guess OP did not appreciate that. If half of the OP was not talking about his problem and the provider not helping, I think nobody would have chimed in.

@Peppery9 said: I'm lost. Who cares what DNS records your host is serving if you're using Route53?

I believe OP wants to "register" an account through cpanel/directadmin and have the apache/nginx configs automatically setup by the panel.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited April 2022

@NoComment said: Because OP's problem is not being able to create accounts with his domain name. We all know the domain or hostname used when registering for a service doesn't matter. (Unless for shared hosting they restrict you to 1 domain)

OP is talking about Shared Hosting.

OP wants to have multiple cPanel accounts on multiple servers in different physical locations without there being any "universal" check across all locations of if the domain is "owned" by another cPanel user because they are local to the physical location.

I have had a similar recent experience with my racknerdtracker.com domain - it was on a RackNerd shared hosting account in LA, and then I created a reseller in LA and tried to add the domain, but it wouldn't let me because it was already in use by another cPanel user (my shared hosting account). When I created another reseller account, but this time in Miami, I was able to add the domain without encountering the issue.

EDIT: Another case is if you want to use subdomains, for example la-staging.domain.com and mia-staging.domain.com if you had domain.com registered by one cPanel user, you are unable to add a subdomain. With the RackNerd setup, this works.

Thanked by 1tester4
  • tester4tester4 Member
    edited April 2022

@NoComment said:

@dahartigan said:
    I don't understand why there are so many people in here "hurr durr anycast, etc etc" when OP's request was really simple and really well explained.

Because OP's problem is not being able to create accounts with his domain name. We all know the domain or hostname used when registering for a service doesn't matter. (Unless for shared hosting they restrict you to 1 domain)

The point everyone is trying to make is that you can do georouting with any shared host, dns cluster or not. But I guess OP did not appreciate that. If half of the OP was not talking about his problem and the provider not helping, I think nobody would have chimed in.

@Peppery9 said: I'm lost. Who cares what DNS records your host is serving if you're using Route53?

I believe OP wants to "register" an account through cpanel/directadmin and have the apache/nginx configs automatically setup by the panel.

I've wrote twice now what my intentions are, @dahartigan has explained it flawlessly. If your SHARED HOSTING provider operates a DNS cluster, their control panel will not let you create multiple accounts across multiple servers with the same domain, because a DNS zone already exists in THEIR cluster for the domain.

"I am using Route53's Latency-based DNS routing to route users to the closest web hosting server to them"

I have not asked anything about anycast, I did explicitly mention 'web hosting' accounts but I guess people have misunderstood this. I have since found the accounts I need and this post can more or less be closed.

Thanked by 1dahartigan