Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

choice for your favorite provider hosting the game server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

choice for your favorite provider hosting the game server

I have been using OVH since 2016 and been happily using it. every now and then there is like kind of bypass that breaks the legitimate traffic so you need to provide tcpdumps to ovh support to look and adjust the udp thresold accordingly.

i would like to know if there is any good provider that adjust the filters just like OVH and works for the game server without causing lag. i know voxility but they dont filter properly for tsource query player A2S spam/flood. They do is block some UDP traffic this is not what i want.

currently i am using lowhosting.io the due date is already past still not decided now i am checking with you guys if you have come accross any anti ddos game vps location germany that gives much better filters without causing player traffic blockage.

My choice for game server would be OVH i want to know what you guys using and what best you found of using this hosting that has good anti ddos mitigation system apart from OVH.

Thanks.

Comments

• Tempest (Path) has some excellent dedicated machines. NFOservers is also quite good from the last time I checked.

• amsaalamsaal Member
    edited April 2022

@LiliLabs said:
    Tempest (Path) has some excellent dedicated machines. NFOservers is also quite good from the last time I checked.

I have used NFOservers but for team speak did not worked well.

EDIT: tempest sounds pretty expensive comparing the price what OVH has for 20 year old game.

• @amsaal said:
    EDIT: tempest sounds pretty expensive comparing the price what OVH has for 20 year old game.

tempest also has massively better protection, as well as a faster port speed.

• CatixsCatixs Member, Host Rep

Both OVH and Nitrous networks have game servers with blend transit and protection.

• I think @Francisco uses Path as well, I'd give them a try. Used to host a team speak server with BuyVM and it worked great. Besides, I'm sure he would help out with tweaking the filters if you're in trouble.