Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Dedispec's review after using it for, hmmm, only 2 days?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Dedispec's review after using it for, hmmm, only 2 days?

kendkend Member

My Dedispec's review after using it for, hmmm, only 2 days? Well, I guess I will update this review after a few more weeks or months again. But for now, I just can't help myself writing down this.

Some people might know that I closed out my HostHatch account a few days ago. I can't bear it, when the hosting company couldn't be able to bring your server back after 15 days while they didn't even take it seriously. So I requested immediate cancellation of all my live HostHatch servers, although most of them still have 8-10 months left before the next renewal.

Then I found myself in an awkward situation. I have good suppliers like Netcup and Hetzner in the EU. HostHatch used to be my only choice for US hosting with good value. I have to find at least 2 US VPSes for webservers and 1 for 3rd Level backup. I grabbed 1 storage VPS from ServaRica, which I'm sure I won't regret. Then I saw the promo from DediSpec.

I did some research regarding DediSpec here in LET and as an occupational habit, I checked with other hosting forums, google and reddit as well. To tell the truth, the results were not persuading. But as an internet marketer for so many years, I know that most of the time, the unsatisfied customers are much more likely to leave reviews proactively. Besides, I really think it would be a good price to have a dedi with 2x2670v2, 64G RAM and 200T Bandwidth with 1Gbps port for less than $50 per month. Furthermore, I really want to play with Proxmox as well.

So I chatted with DediSpec for nearly an hour, then placed an order to give it a try. The server was ready and delivered to me 5 hours after my payment. When ordering, it has only Proxmox VE 5 and 6 to choose from, but I made a note with the order and delivered with PVE 7 as I wished.

I did some tests and ran YABS. The SSD was not performing as expected; some of the writing speeds were even slower than my HDD. So I checked the SMART data of it. Many of the results show "prefailure". I submitted a ticket, showed them the test results, and told them this was unacceptable. One hour later, they replied and said they would look into this soon. Two more hours later, they replied and confirmed that the SSD had been changed and the OS was reloaded.

I then tested again. Yeah, the newly installed SSD was still a second-handed one. But it did past every test. The writing speed was back average as well. So I started to play with Proxmox. However, this is the first time I'm running a dedi without IPMI (yes, their 2670v2 servers are delivered without IPMI and this is one of the few things which makes it inconvenient.). So I didn't pay enough attention to my procedure of modifying server settings. Then I messed up. I resized the LVM without double-checking and I rebooted the server. The server went down and never booted back online.

I was pretty sure what kind of mistake I'd made. So I had to submit a ticket again, asking for an OS reload. They replied within one hour, confirmed OS reload with me and put the server in the OS reload queue. Three hours later, the OS reload was done.

I was happy and got back to work on my plans, set up a few VMs, built systems, secured the VMs, moved and recovered data from backups of the previous supplier. Then, I happily clicked the reboot button in the Proxmox. And 5 seconds later, I realized that the button I clicked was shutdown. And I previously already knew that Dedispec doesn't have user control panel to start servers on his own. I told @ about this before I went to open another ticket. He said he happened to be in the data center and had someone to boot my server for me within 15 minutes.

So, these are my stories with DediSpec within 24 hours. Three issues were dealt with within a few hours. Considering the day was Saturday, this has already made me pretty happy with their services. The only two things I don't like are: 1. no IPMI support; 2. it takes literally more than 5 seconds to change each page within their WHMCS.

Well, that's all for now. After a few weeks and months, I wish I would post other happy reviews on DediSpec again.

Comments

• Please make a tl;dr

Thanked by 1ehab
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@kend said:
    My Dedispec's review after using it for, hmmm, only 2 days? Well, I guess I will update this review after a few more weeks or months again. But for now, I just can't help myself writing down this.

Maybe just use a word processor or notes app if you have a burning need to write something pointless down?

• VoidVoid Member

What the fuck

• kendkend Member

@Wicked said:
    Please make a tl;dr

tl;dr: XX hosting is good. or XX hosting is bad.

So what's the point of this review section.

Thanked by 1Bastion
  • kendkend Member
    edited April 2022

@Nekki said:

@kend said:

Maybe just use a word processor or notes app if you have a burning need to write something pointless down?

No! Never! I just like the feeling of typing on the laptop pointlessly.

Thanked by 1Bastion
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@kend said:

@Nekki said:

@kend said:

You can do that with a notes app, but with the added bonus of not wasting anyone else's time.

I blame fucking TikTok, fucking millennials.

Thanked by 1ThracianDog
  • WolfWolf Member

@kend said:

@Wicked said:
    Please make a tl;dr

The point is... reviews. This is not a review as per LET standards, but a pointless blog entry.

Cheers.

• kendkend Member

@Nekki said:

@kend said:

@Nekki said:

@kend said:

You can do that with a notes app, but with the added bonus of not wasting anyone else's time.

I don't know. Maybe it's because of my bad English so that I haven't expressed what I was really thinking at that time. Or maybe it's because I tried to be a storyteller, which turned out to be a bad one. Yeah, I accept that the first paragraph is a bit annoying. But I still want to say, that your blame might be in the wrong direction. It's the fucking TikTok and other alike social apps that made many people only want the god damned TL;DR.

Thanked by 1Bastion
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@kend said:

@Nekki said:

@kend said:

@Nekki said:

@kend said:

I don't know. Maybe it's because of my bad English so that I haven't expressed what I was really thinking at that time. Or maybe it's because I tried to be a storyteller, which turned out to be a bad one. Yeah, I accept that the first paragraph is a bit annoying. But I still want to say, that your blame might be in the wrong direction. It's the fucking TikTok and other alike social apps that made many people only want the god damned TL;DR.

TL;DR is a result of people writing too much pointless shit that no-one wants to read because at some point in the last 20 years, people started believing that other people gave the slightest of fucks about what other people are thinking or doing.

TikTok is for cunts.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Hi @kend!

Thanks for your careful and comprehensive and well written review!

I enjoyed reading it! I am sure your review will be helpful to anyone considering Dedispec.

Reviews like yours make LowEndTalk better and more interesting for everyone! Thanks again for posting it!

Best wishes and kindest regards, <3

Tom

• Nice paragraph, yeah their only downside is no IPMI support, other than that, quite good actually.

Thanked by 1kend
  • kendkend Member

@Not_Oles said:
    Hi @kend!

I enjoyed reading it! I am sure your review will be helpful to anyone considering Dedispec.

Reviews like yours make LowEndTalk better and more interesting for everyone! Thanks again for posting it!

Tom

Thank you Tom for your kind words! I'm glad that my article would at least help a few people who's planning to try this supplier out.

Thanked by 2Not_Oles job0121
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@kend said:

@Not_Oles said:
    Hi @kend!

Tom

Thank you Tom for your kind words! I'm glad that my article would at least help a few people who's planning to try this supplier out.

Ignore him, he’s off his tits on happy pills.

• emghemgh Member

@Nekki said:

@kend said:

Affiliate website gives a much better ROI.

• I blame fucking TikTok, fucking millennials.

tiktok is zoomers

• @kend said:

@Wicked said:
    Please make a tl;dr

The first three paragraphs were irrelevant and unnecessary. That started things off on a bad foot. Too much useless commentary in many of these "reviews" (jsg's being the worst).

• @Nekki said:

@kend said:

@Nekki said:

@kend said:

Facebook caused this shit a decade earlier.

• @Not_Oles said:
    Hi @kend!

Tom

With the excessive !'s, are you super loud where people have to remind you twice in the same conversation to lower your voice?

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @szymonp said:

tiktok is zoomers

I don't understand half of what Sideshow Bob here says.

• darbdarb Member

careful, I think that he is after your job.

@Not_Oles said:
    Hi @kend!

Tom

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Those of you who wish to become famous :) might consider working with me on a guest post for Low End Box. Probably a great idea to check the topic with me before doing too much work. :) Please look at Low End Box for ideas, and please study @raindog308's work especially. His work is really good! <3

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 2022

Dedispec is overall quite solid, but their WHMCS has been an ongoing meme since 2017. 5-seconds is already rather good loading time.

• darbdarb Member
    edited April 2022

maybe @kend could interview you as a guest writer?

@Not_Oles said:
    Those of you who wish to become famous :) might consider working with me on a guest post for Low End Box. Probably a great idea to check the topic with me before doing too much work. :) Please look at Low End Box for ideas, and please study @raindog308's work especially. His work is really good! <3

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited April 2022

@Not_Oles said:

When he isn't using it to shitpost, anyway.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/elon-musk-buys-twitter-webhostingtalk-next/

• @Wicked said:
    Please make a tl;dr

It appears "skimming" is something of a lost art. I skimmed the review in a single minute, yet you need a tl;dr

@Nekki said:

@kend said:

If you aren't looking for a new host or something, simply do not read posts in this category. I am looking for a dedicated server host and I did not find this pointless; I know that I can count on this host to provide speedy support thanks to the testimonial provided above.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Bastion Please do not necropost, read the community rules, thank you!