Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest hourly-billed VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest hourly-billed VPS?

that accepts cryptocurrency. Sometimes I need to spin up an instance for several minutes for one-off proxy use with an SSH tunnel. Looking for something that doesn't have large minimum refill and won't have a problem with me doing that. Location is irrelevant.

Comments

• any more specs?

• @Merlincool said:
    any more specs?

Nope. Irrelevant. It's only for proxy use as I've said.

• If you're not doing something seriously illegal but concerned about "privacy", you can just get a prepaid card somewhere. Or maybe get some virtual cards with crypto. Authorities can probably trace you but they don't have time for that for trivial issues.

• LunaNode?

• I have a ramnode acct within it still have some balance. They support payment by hourly

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Try Oracle free cloud instance and good luck with your project!

• In the public clouds, there is usually such a situation that when you delete an instance with public IP address, then as soon as you create another instance, you will get the same public IP address. The IP address is as if reserved for you.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @Hotmarer said:
    In the public clouds, there is usually such a situation that when you delete an instance with public IP address, then as soon as you create another instance, you will get the same public IP address. The IP address is as if reserved for you.

Solution:

1. Create new instances until you get a fresh IP address
    2. Delete every instance except the last one.

:)

• @WebProject said:
    Try Oracle free cloud instance and good luck with your project!

they require credit card and OP obv wants to use this for something sketchy.

• vultr? They maybe do not accept cryptocurrency.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Hotmarer said:
    In the public clouds, there is usually such a situation that when you delete an instance with public IP address, then as soon as you create another instance, you will get the same public IP address. The IP address is as if reserved for you.

You can add up to 6/4 IPv4 per free instance, I think plenty of IP addresses to waste for some odd activity.

Yes, Oracle required to validate identity using payment card.

• @WebProject said: Try Oracle free cloud instance and good luck with your project!

Thanks for the tip and may Allah bless you!

• fynixfynix Member

Haven't seen you on IRC lately. Are Rizon netops treating you better than Libera?

• adlyadly Veteran

• @qzydustin said:
    vultr? They maybe do not accept cryptocurrency.

Vultr accepts major cryptos.

• @dane_doherty said:

@Hotmarer said:

Solution:

1. Create new instances until you get a fresh IP address
    2. Delete every instance except the last one.

:)

Try Vultr and you'll never get a same IP address. They have plenty of IP addresses.

• @Greyhound said:

@qzydustin said:
    vultr? They maybe do not accept cryptocurrency.

Vultr accepts major cryptos.

https://www.vultr.com/resources/faq/#billingpayments

What payment methods do you accept?

We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, JCB, BitPay (BTC, BCH, ETH, DOGE, PAX, BUSD, LTC, USDC, GUSD), Alipay, UnionPay, and PayPal. Depending on your geographic region, Paypal supports additional payment networks, including Giropay and bank transfers.

Lol, no, they don't.

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited April 2022

Check out bitlaunch.io and bithost.io. The former says to have a free trial.

• It would just be easier if people had usernames like "Sketchy_AF".

• @0xbkt said:

I can't find the free tier

Thanked by 1frankj
  • ErisaErisa Member

@spiritlhl said:

@0xbkt said:

According to the website you have to ask:

Try Us Free Today
    Say Hi on our live chat and we’ll set you up with a free trial!

Thanked by 2frankj proton
  • @Erisa said:

@spiritlhl said:

@0xbkt said:

According to the website you have to ask:

Try Us Free Today
    Say Hi on our live chat and we’ll set you up with a free trial!

That's what I used in the end. You answer a simple question and you get 10 cents of credit, which is enough to launch an instance a couple of times. Made several accounts too, without a problem - they don't even care if it's a temporary e-mail. Also wide array of locations.

• You can find tons of working (free or paid) proxies online but it sounds like you're specifically after clean IPs (to contaminate them and run away maybe).

• @farsighter said:
    You can find tons of working (free or paid) proxies online but it sounds like you're specifically after clean IPs (to contaminate them and run away maybe).

Free SOCKS proxies are garbage or I'm too dumb to find good ones.

As for contamination, a ban on 4chan or Wikipedia is probably not an issue for 99% of people who'd use that IP afterwards.