Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously big server needed - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seriously big server needed

2»

Comments

• nvmenvme Member

If it ain't for botting, why would you sign up with your bot site in nickname and use your logo?
    I don't have anything against botting, but if you are doing it on large scale then it is problem.

I mean just look at PS5 for example, all these stupid botters are buying using scripts and reselling with 30-40% markups in local market.

• @LinusFromArox said:
    its not for any botting purpose tho?

But is it infrastructure/backend (db, cache, worker process, etc) that support botting services?

Not against it either way, but some host will wanna know.

• @woteti said:

@LinusFromArox said:
    its not for any botting purpose tho?

But is it infrastructure/backend (db, cache, worker process, etc) that support botting services?

Not against it either way, but some host will wanna know.

its for SOL RPC. Forwards the TXs to the Validator node.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Hell, @LinusFromArox is simply looking for a dedi meeting his needs - he didn't ask to be interrogated and judged, yet that's what some try doing with/to him.

Plus he even openly and frankly said for what he needs the machine. It happens to not be something I like so I refrained from helping him.

But hell, this is not a court and we are not judges, so either provide useful info/ask relevant constructive questions -or- shut dafuq up!

• HybulaHybula Member, Patron Provider

Hi @LinusFromArox we can offer you the following deal:

HPE ProLiant DL325 Gen10 Plus
    AMD EPYC 7302P (16 Cores, 3.0 GHz)
    512GB DDR4 ECC
    PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD 1920GB
    PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD 960GB
    2x 25G Uplink (50G Bonded)
    1 PB on 10G Outbound / Unmetered on 50G Inbound
    Netherlands Location

€800/month ex VAT (if paid with crypto). If you need a more beefy CPU we will need to go for a much more expensive chassis, but I can check for the options in stock tomorrow.

• @jsg said:
    Hell, @LinusFromArox is simply looking for a dedi meeting his needs - he didn't ask to be interrogated and judged, yet that's what some try doing with/to him.

Plus he even openly and frankly said for what he needs the machine. It happens to not be something I like so I refrained from helping him.

But hell, this is not a court and we are not judges, so either provide useful info/ask relevant constructive questions -or- shut dafuq up!

Spammers and scammers come to LET frequently looking for deals. It is of course up to us to keep that shit out. He is a botter, just not apparently for this purpose.

• Hetzner is very popular for Solana RPCs as an alternative to Packet/Equinix (at least, there seem to be a lot of them on gossip). You should contact them with your requirements and I think they'll be able to provide a good fit.

There's also https://solana.foundation/server-program as well.

P.S. Do you sell access to your RPC :^)

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @TimboJones said:

@jsg said:

Spammers and scammers come to LET frequently looking for deals. It is of course up to us to keep that shit out. He is a botter, just not apparently for this purpose.

Blockchain botting. It doesn’t affect anything web2?

• i would recommend go find ovh and some big providers, much less trouble

• @ehhthing said:
    Hetzner is very popular for Solana RPCs as an alternative to Packet/Equinix (at least, there seem to be a lot of them on gossip). You should contact them with your requirements and I think they'll be able to provide a good fit.

@ehhthing said:
    Hetzner is very popular for Solana RPCs as an alternative to Packet/Equinix (at least, there seem to be a lot of them on gossip). You should contact them with your requirements and I think they'll be able to provide a good fit.

I currently have a couple of servers from equinix. But the bandwidth prices are horrendous.( It is through the ssp)

Regarding renting, Its currently for a project where it's meant to be exclusively for members. But I am picking up multiple servers so something might be possible :)

• alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep

How would you define „ALOT of bandwith"? Something like 95-percentile billing or would you prefer billing per TB?

Here is an example of what could be arranged, but feel free to reach out to discuss details:

Dell PowerEdge™ R6515 with…
    512 GB DDR4 ECC Memory
    32C/64T AMD EPYC™ 7502P
    4x 1,92 TB Enterprise SSDs (Samsung/SAS)
    1G/10G Bandwidth with 95/5-Billing
    ✓ Hardware RAID Controller (PERC H740P)
    ✓ IPMI-Access (iDRAC 9 Enterprise)
    ✓ Redundant 10G Uplink (LACP Bonding)
    ✓ Redundant Power Feeds (A+B)
    ✓ Located in Vienna, Austria
    ✓ 1x IPv4 + /64 IPv6 included

for 795 €/month
    (excl. VAT & setup; if applicable)

— Michael

• @LinusFromArox said:
    Blockchain botting. It doesn’t affect anything web2?

Do you understand what question marks mean?