Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest VPS with Windows Custom ISO support?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest VPS with Windows Custom ISO support?

Anyone knows any?

Thanked by 1auto8624

Comments

• Contabo with custom image space.

Thanked by 1auto8624
  • mxmlamxmla Member, Patron Provider

Hi! We have Custom ISO Support with our VDS in the Netherlands: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/178249/40-off-ryzen-epyc-virtual-dedicated-servers-in-nl-alipay-btc-cc-pp/p1

Windows runs fine on all of them.

• I ended up buying this for 3,5$ a month, the Windows install was easy and everything is working fine now

Thanked by 1Void
  • @szymonp said:
    I ended up buying this for 3,5$ a month, the Windows install was easy and everything is working fine now

Single core Windows? Nope.

• @TimboJones said:

@szymonp said:
    I ended up buying this for 3,5$ a month, the Windows install was easy and everything is working fine now

It says 4 cores???

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @TimboJones said:

@szymonp said:

It clearly said 4 cores in the screenshot.

Thanked by 2AXYZE TimboJones
  • CrystalDIskMark

• @ 3.5/mo running win10 expect to get suspended eventually

• jason5545jason5545 Member
    edited April 2022

@szymonp said:
    CrystalDIskMark

@LittleCreek always provide solid performance with low price (after the node overloaded is better now),the only issue was the network, last I heard from him is he will upgrade the network infrastructure at 1st week of April, so maybe that's also fixed. Anyway, great choice.

Thanked by 1bruh21
  • @duckeeyuck said:
    @ 3.5/mo running win10 expect to get suspended eventually

Why? I am using my own license not pirated

• @jason5545 said:

@szymonp said:
    CrystalDIskMark

@LittleCreek always provide solid performance with low price (after the node overloaded is better now),the only issue was the network, last I heard from him is he will upgrade the network infrastructure at 1st week of April, so maybe that's also fixed. Anyway, great choice.

network is fine

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@szymonp said:

@duckeeyuck said:

High resource usage perhaps. It does look like @LittleCreek has improved the network drastically, props to Floyd

• szymonpszymonp Member
    edited April 2022

@bruh21 said:

@szymonp said:

@duckeeyuck said:

High resource usage perhaps. It does look like @LittleCreek has improved the network drastically, props to Floyd

I am not using that much, this is my idle(btw ignore the graphs, I was doing something before):

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@szymonp said:

That's a good deal!!

• @szymonp said:

@TimboJones said:

@szymonp said:

It says 4 cores???

I am blind.

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

@jason5545 said:

@szymonp said:
    CrystalDIskMark

@LittleCreek last I heard from him is he will upgrade the network infrastructure at 1st week of April, so maybe that's also fixed. Anyway, great choice.

Cogent has had some permitting issues with getting the line installed. Now they are telling me first week of June.

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

@bruh21 said:

@szymonp said:

@duckeeyuck said:

Improved because some of the high bandwidth people left for now. I have not advertised because I am waiting on Cogent. I want to provide good service and I don't want any to be disappointed so I am patiently waiting.

• I think any provider with KVM VDS can offer custom ISO usage...

• @FairyHosting_com said:
    I think any provider with KVM VDS can offer custom ISO usage...

Nope some don't allow custom iso and some don't allow windows specifically

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited April 2022

@szymonp said:

@duckeeyuck said:

If I remember correctly, the only legal way to run Windows 10 in a data center is by running it as a Hyper-V VM on a Windows host that's running a Windows Server Datacenter edition. Generally, Microsoft's licenses only allow Windows server versions (like Windows Server 2022) to be used in data centers, not consumer versions. They'll run fine, but technically it violates the licence agreement, so they can void your license if they find out.

Also Windows 10 consumes more resources than a standard headless (no GUI) Linux server, so you need more CPU power. Windows Server has lightweight versions (Server Core and Nano Server) that bring the resource usage down by removing the UI - all management is done via PowerShell and MSC snap-ins

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @Daniel15 said:

@szymonp said:

@duckeeyuck said:

If I remember correctly, the only legal way to run Windows 10 in a data center is by running it as a Hyper-V VM on a Windows host that's running a Windows Server Datacenter edition. Generally, Microsoft's licenses only allow Windows server versions (like Windows Server 2022) to be used in data centers, not consumer versions. They'll run fine, but technically it violates the licence agreement, so they can void your license if they find out.

Also Windows 10 consumes more resources than a standard headless (no GUI) Linux server, so you need more CPU power. Windows Server has lightweight versions (Server Core and Nano Server) that bring the resource usage down by removing the UI - all management is done via PowerShell and MSC snap-ins

I have datacenter version

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@szymonp said:

@Daniel15 said:

@szymonp said:

@duckeeyuck said:

You actually went and bought a DC license from MS?

• @Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@Daniel15 said:

@szymonp said:

@duckeeyuck said:

Dreamspark

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@szymonp said:

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@Daniel15 said:

@szymonp said:

@duckeeyuck said:

Dreamspark

I didn’t think that gave you the DC edition of Windows Server.

• @Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@Daniel15 said:

@szymonp said:

@duckeeyuck said:

Dreamspark

They did. You can try urself, dreamspark is now part of azure for students and you get free software downloads from there too

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@szymonp said:

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@Nekki said:

@szymonp said:

@Daniel15 said:

@szymonp said:

@duckeeyuck said:

Dreamspark

They did. You can try urself, dreamspark is now part of azure for students and you get free software downloads from there too

I’m not a student. I finished being a student long before you were but a twinkle in yo’ Daddy’s eye.

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep

TRY MS BYOL (Bring your own licensing)

ELIGIBLE MICROSOFT PRODUCTS AND LICENSE MIGRATION TERMS:
    All Microsoft Server application products migrated to cloud Service provider via the License Mobility through Software Assurance program must be covered with active Software Assurance (SA).
    The server applications must be on the list of eligible products. This list differ from vendor-vendor, BYOL list includes:
    Windows 10, 11
    Microsoft Office Profesional 2019, 2021
    Exchange Server
    SharePoint Server
    SQL Server Standard Edition
    SQL Server Enterprise Edition
    SQL Server Business Intelligence Edition
    Skype for Business Server
    System Center Server
    Dynamics CRM Server
    Dynamics AX Server
    Project Server
    Visual Studio Team Foundation Server
    BizTalk Server
    Forefront Identity Manager
    Forefront Unified Access Gateway
    Remote Desktop Services (with Active SA / Extended Rights).

Eligible Volume Licensing programs include the Enterprise Agreement, Enterprise Subscription Agreement, and Microsoft Open Value Agreement, where Software Assurance is included, and other Microsoft Volume Licensing programs where Software Assurance is an option, such as Microsoft Open License or Select Plus.

You maintain appropriate Client Access Licenses (CALs) with Software Assurance in your Volume Licensing agreement for accessing the application servers.

Does not include the Microsoft Windows Client operating system, Desktop application products (e.g. Microsoft Office), and Microsoft Windows Server operating system.