Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest Place to purchase CloudLinux? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest Place to purchase CloudLinux?

2»

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@interservermike said:
    OP.... I am only teasing. We are eating the price increase for active licenses.

Banter of the Week. Congratulations!

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited April 2022

You know...

If you're looking to jump ships, you usually don't want to tag the guy you're leaving.

Then you say "Oh I guess you are decent ok I'll stay with you" but also show that you're willing to drop them to save even a dollar.

And then now you're basically begging them to do a promotion on their product at the same price point.

Yeah. You're basically trying to be friendly with them but also tell them that you'll drop them. I'd totally do you a favor /s

• adlyadly Veteran

@Offshore_Solutions said:
    I'll hazard a guess @interservermike, that if you offer a few promotional $10/month or even $10.50 in this thread, you'll get new business.

Why would you want new business that’s immediately causing you a monthly loss? :/

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@HalfEatenPie said:
    You know...

If you're looking to jump ships, you usually don't want to tag the guy you're leaving.

Then you say "Oh I guess you are decent ok I'll stay with you" but also show that you're willing to drop them to save even a dollar.

And then now you're basically begging them to do a promotion on their product at the same price point.

Yeah. You're basically trying to be friendly with them but also tell them that you'll drop them. I'd totally do you a favor /s

Seriously. After trying to jump ship for the sake of $1, if I were @interservermike I’d have put the fucker’s price up.

• QuantumCoreQuantumCore Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2022

@Offshore_Solutions said: I'll hazard a guess @interservermike, that if you offer a few promotional $10/month or even $10.50 in this thread, you'll get new business. Turns out you guys have the best price on legitimate CloudLinux licenses.

I'm sure if any company offered legitimate licenses for popular software at a loss, they'd get new business too.

I know with our buy price direct from cPanel, we'd have pretty much no margins at the price you're suggesting.

• adlyadly Veteran

@Nekki said: Seriously. After trying to jump ship for the sake of $1, if I were @interservermike I’d have put the fucker’s price up.

Loyalty reward/price for existing customers should be withdrawn from disloyal customers. Seems reasonable.

• interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider

@QuantumCore said:

@Offshore_Solutions said: I'll hazard a guess @interservermike, that if you offer a few promotional $10/month or even $10.50 in this thread, you'll get new business. Turns out you guys have the best price on legitimate CloudLinux licenses.

I'm sure if any company offered legitimate licenses for popular software at a loss, they'd get new business too.

I know with our buy price direct from cPanel, we'd have pretty much no margins at the price you're suggesting.

Yes, it is definitely a loss. The thin margins are a cost of doing business.

• @interservermike said:

@QuantumCore said:

Yes, it is definitely a loss. The thin margins are a cost of doing business.

Yeah. Wishing you the best mate. At least it's an additional offering you can give as an added value on top of your server hosting to make it worth it for customers to stick around.

Does CloudLinux have a licensing partnership where they give you cheaper licenses as long as it's only activated and used on your IPs?

• @Offshore_Solutions said:

Currently paying $10/month at Interserver.net
    @interservermike

Can I do better elsewhere?

We've doubled your bandwidth, thanks!

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@zafouhar said:

@interservermike

You need to spam some comment about certain provider to get the offer 😂😂😂😂

• @WebProject said:

@zafouhar said:

@interservermike

In before RackNerd comes and offers a free CloudLinux license for 6 months to @Offshore_Solutions

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@zafouhar said:

@WebProject said:

@zafouhar said:

@interservermike

In before RackNerd comes and offers a free CloudLinux license for 6 months to @Offshore_Solutions

Dusty only gives away stuff that doesn't actually cost him anything.

@WebProject said:

@interservermike said:

@interservermike

They are actually $12 now they did a price increase last year. We must have forgotten to update your account. Thanks for the mention.

The OP can migrate to elsewhere cheaper by $1, example:
    https://jonesolutions.com/cloudlinux-license/

Good find @WebProject! 👏 Coincidentally I have hosting with @jonesolutions going on 4 years of excellent service.

The current regular price on JoneSolutions.com for a Cloudlinux License is $11/monthly

@jonesolutions, in the spirit of LowEndTalk, please will you consider extending a limited time $10/month CloudLinux special for the next 100 who sign-up for CloudLinux at JoneSolutions.com?

Jesus Christ, is $1/mo more going to break your budget? You can't just go trying to "cociu" them into stupid promotions.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur

@ezeth said:
    1 USD? Wtf

😄 Yes I would switch providers for $1 less per month. That adds up $12/year

"Penny wise, pound foolish" comes to mind.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    1. I agree with OP, save money when you can, it is the way to make more.
    2. Making license reseller eat cost for shitty price hikes isn't good, they should update pricing
    3. Moving companies to save $1 is a bit too far to save money...
    Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions

@cybertech said:
    Concerned about $1, then obviously you havent got your business plan well thought out.

No business plan at all as I have no business. CloudLinux is required to run my Mastodon Instance.

I once worked as an Assistant to the Chairman of the Board of the National Enquirer. He was worth several billion but the cheapest person I ever met & he taught me the way to be rich tomorrow was to be cheap today.

I now live that principle, thank you & RIP Henry Dorman 🙏
    https://www.weny.com/story/38181325/henry-dormann-passes-away-at-86

Cheap doesn't mean greedy, which a lot of rich people mistake.

• @Jord said:
    Hang on, OP moans about paying $10 per month for CL and then tags the company he's buying it from and they actually increase their price :joy: you can't make this shit up.

@Offshore_Solutions said: Hey, CloudLinux for only $4/ month! Appreciated @eKo. Any idea if these licenses are shared among several providers or null routed? Otherwise, how do they achieve this price?

Yeah if you want a nulled license, go straight ahead, probably some backdoors too :joy:

Can we still ban him at LET for null license even if he isn't a provider?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@TimboJones said: Can we still ban him at LET for null license even if he isn't a provider?

BANHAMMER, I SUMMON THEE!

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@eKo said:

@interservermike

Take a look here, using their offer for Litespeed Enterprise, never been so happy about it...

https://licenseboy.com/shared-cloudlinux-license/

Definitely not legal.

@eKo said:

@interservermike

Take a look here, using their offer for Litespeed Enterprise, never been so happy about it...

Hey, CloudLinux for only $4/ month! Appreciated @eKo. Any idea if these licenses are shared among several providers or null routed? Otherwise, how do they achieve this price?

That's simply not legal.

Thank you for letting us know tho, I'll report this internally.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@MikePT said:

@eKo said:

@interservermike

Hey, CloudLinux for only $4/ month! Appreciated @eKo. Any idea if these licenses are shared among several providers or null routed? Otherwise, how do they achieve this price?

That's simply not legal.

Narc

@Nekki said:

@MikePT said:

@eKo said:

@interservermike

That's simply not legal.

Narc

Protecting the users here.

https://license.licenseboy.com/pre.sh

You'll get a 2.4MB binary, very fast way to get haxed.

• LeeLee Veteran

Kinda hard for @MikePT to ignore this when he works for CloudLinux :)

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Lee said:
    Kinda hard for @MikePT to ignore this when he works for CloudLinux :)

Indeed! :)

• DigikaDigika Member

@Offshore_Solutions said: Cheapest Place to purchase CloudLinux?

CloudLinux

Why CloudLinux exactly? What is CL to you?

• @MikePT said: Protecting the users here.

https://license.licenseboy.com/pre.sh

You'll get a 2.4MB binary, very fast way to get haxed.

Nothing is cheap for a reason. You need to make up for that cost somewhere.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • ralfralf Member

I don't know what CloudLinux is, but please double my price increase.