Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Juniper MX80 Router or similar on the cheap
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Juniper MX80 Router or similar on the cheap

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Anyone know anywhere you can still pickup some decent routers without paying an arm and a leg?

Looking for a couple of MX80 or similar routers, for around US$2K each, which is about the same price paid the last time I purchased these.

Can't seem to find these for less than $3.5K, and mostly over $4K from unknown sellers.

Comments

• MX80's have an EOL announced anyway - if I were you I'd avoid buying any. MX104s or 204s would make sense as a good replacement at a decent price.

What's the application you're planning to use them for?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

CPU is too slow on this for reliable handling of full table.
    I have a pair of MX104s I’m willing to move if you’re interested, but that would be from the UK.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • ^^ what @Clouvider said. If you're doing full tables even the 104 may be too slow - the 150 or 240 will be able to update much quicker.

The 204 has onboard 40/100G too which may be of some use for futureproofing - depends what you're doing with them really

Thanked by 2Clouvider randvegeta
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Some day I am going to buy something like this plus maybe a few servers too. Friendly greetings! :)

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:
    CPU is too slow on this for reliable handling of full table.
    I have a pair of MX104s I’m willing to move if you’re interested, but that would be from the UK.

I'm not in a rush, so slow shipping is still fine.

What's the price?