Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for Plex and rTorrent
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for Plex and rTorrent

Hello,

I need a VPS for running Plex and rTorrent. No transcoding so 1 core and 2 GB RAM should be fine. Has to be minimum 256 GB HDD. Location should be Netherlands, Sweden, Germany or something close to those countries.

Been using GreenKVM previously and it worked fine, but would like one of the mentioned locations above. Had the following deal: 500 GB, 1 core, 2 GB RAM, 1 Gbps at $30/yr. Looking for something similar, max budget is $60/yr.

Thanked by 1CP_Hosting

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

256GB? Either you’re one of those watch and delete monsters or this is for a private, very ‘niche’ collections, on which case might I suggest Stash….

• @Nekki said:
    256GB? Either you’re one of those watch and delete monsters or this is for a private, very ‘niche’ collections, on which case might I suggest Stash….

I always download to my VPS then I upload to my unlimited gsuite and delete it locally to save space

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@szymonp said:

@Nekki said:

I always download to my VPS then I upload to my unlimited gsuite and delete it locally to save space

Lol, you’re going to prison.

• VoidVoid Member

@szymonp said:

@Nekki said:

How much are you paying for gsuite?

• @jmaxwell said:

@szymonp said:

@Nekki said:

I get it free from school they let you keep it after you grauduate as well lol

• VoidVoid Member

@szymonp said:

@jmaxwell said:

@szymonp said:

@Nekki said:

Oh that. Cool

• @jmaxwell said:

@szymonp said:

@jmaxwell said:

@szymonp said:

@Nekki said:

Oh that. Cool

There are also people selling these unlimited accounts for like a dollar "for lifetime(but we know how that works out)" but I have no clue how that plays with google's TOS

• emghemgh Member

@szymonp said:

@jmaxwell said:

@szymonp said:

@jmaxwell said:

@szymonp said:

@Nekki said:

Oh that. Cool

There are also people selling these unlimited accounts for like a dollar "for lifetime(but we know how that works out)" but I have no clue how that plays with google's TOS

I don't believe the Google TOS says anything about using their services to store pirated movies or series.

• @emgh said:

@szymonp said:

@jmaxwell said:

@szymonp said:

@jmaxwell said:

@szymonp said:

@Nekki said:

Oh that. Cool

I don't believe the Google TOS says anything about using their services to store pirated movies or series.

I am more talking about the whole selling of account that I have seen.

• 30033003 Member

Ive sold a bunch of team drives for $10 per month or $75 / year a long time. No issues so far with this.

• VoidVoid Member

It’s ok as long as you don’t share/make those files public. The moment you do, the files get removed.

Google went on a crackdown of such accounts a while back. Petabytes of Linux ISOs and they used to call it ‘Biology drives’ or something lol. You also could create such .edu email accounts yourself and abuse the hell out of that unlimited storage and special student offers feature. No longer possible I think.

• @szymonp said:

Keep an eye on it, you might see some deleted files on your end...

https://support.google.com/a/answer/10403871?hl=en

We recently announced a storage model that provides schools and universities with a baseline of 100 TB of pooled storage shared across all users. The model provides enough storage for over 100 million documents, 8 million presentations, or 400,000 hours of video. This model goes into effect across all Google Workspace for Education editions for existing customers in July 2022 and will be effective for new customers who sign up in 2022.

• @CyberneticTitan said:

@szymonp said:

Keep an eye on it, you might see some deleted files on your end...

https://support.google.com/a/answer/10403871?hl=en

We recently announced a storage model that provides schools and universities with a baseline of 100 TB of pooled storage shared across all users. The model provides enough storage for over 100 million documents, 8 million presentations, or 400,000 hours of video. This model goes into effect across all Google Workspace for Education editions for existing customers in July 2022 and will be effective for new customers who sign up in 2022.

Nobody in my school has more then a gig on the drive and we are a fairly small school

• dosaidosai Member

I have lost 2 team drives few months ago. So yeah if you keep storage at minimal you will be safe.

• @dosai said:
    I have lost 2 team drives few months ago. So yeah if you keep storage at minimal you will be safe.

It's not a team drive but an account. Much safer since I'm not leeching of someones organization