Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Setting Email Account of Shared Hosting into Gmail - Please need suggestions !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Setting Email Account of Shared Hosting into Gmail - Please need suggestions !

Dear team,
I have opted to use my normal gmail account instead of using the roundcube email which comes with my hosting package.
Unfortunately am getting stuck in the following issues

1) I was given POP and SMPT Port of 587, unfortunately when I input in gmail setting it gives error. It will only work on the lowest UNSECURED Port .
Will it give me issues ?

2) The email seems to be working fine when sending, but I cant receive few emails.
The person who send me email is getting this error
Your message wasn't delivered to _MY CUSTOM EMAIL EMAIL because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail_
**The response from the remote server was:
550 Verification failed for <the sender's email> Sender verify failed **

Can anyone please help me out to sort ?
Am really a newbie with 0 technical knowledge.
My hosting company is MYW.PT , they are here in forums also. I have raised few tickets for help but no response from them. Maybe they have no tech support in holidays!

Comments

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

Considering the Shared hosting is DirectAdmin based, this should work
    Setting up MXroute Through Gmail

Thanked by 3saqqa123 Ympker Waldo19
  • @WebHorizon said:
    Considering the Shared hosting is DirectAdmin based, this should work
    Setting up MXroute Through Gmail

Thank you so much for the excellent tutorial !
    This solved my PORTS issues,
    Unfortunately the error is still there. I still cant receive emails from other accounts.

Still getting the 550 Verification error as posted above in detail.

Can you help me out and see what am doing wrong ?
    I havent inputted the SPF and other records not in order ?
    This is the email - sales at saqqa.org

• @saqqa123 said: Your message wasn't delivered to MY CUSTOM EMAIL EMAIL because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail

That is because the domain gmail is not in DA recognized

• @active8 said:

@saqqa123 said: Your message wasn't delivered to MY CUSTOM EMAIL EMAIL because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail

That is because the domain gmail is not in DA recognized

Okay, so how do i fix it ?

• ascicodeascicode Member
    edited April 2022

I'd forward the mails and set custom mail as client in gmail

• @ascicode said:

If you forward the mails, the emails will keep on piling in cpanel/direct admin email inbox. Until you have to login and delete them isnt ?

• @saqqa123 said:

@ascicode said:

If you forward the mails, the emails will keep on piling in cpanel/direct admin email inbox. Until you have to login and delete them isnt ?

Im not sure, if theres a setting for autodeleting after forwarding, but its almost everywhere possible.

• @ascicode said:

@saqqa123 said:

@ascicode said:

Im not sure, if theres a setting for autodeleting after forwarding, but its almost everywhere possible.

Why would you obt for forwarding option compared to the option I used ?
    Any particular advantage ?

• I personally feel that it has something to do with my MX or DNS records.
    As I disconnected with gmail and tried using the normal roundcube email (which comes with directadmin), but still the problem is still there I cant receive emails from this particular email address it bounces back with same 550 verification failed error.

This is seems to be an issue not with Gmail but with directadmin/shared hosting or my settings. I dont know how to sort this out !
    As the hosting company am using has NO SUPPORT at all, have been opening tickets but no reply. The hosting company owner is here active in the forums unfortunately also is not reply. His company is myw.pt/
    If anyone know him, please help me out !

• I have checked your MX and NS record - seems fine.

Have you

• create a user with domain saqqa.org
    • In that user, created an Email box sales@
    • For every other _MY CUSTOM EMAIL EMAIL, create mailbox?
  • alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@saqqa123 Have you solved this?

Doing an email verification, I see that inbound email to [email protected] is working just fine.

• @alento said:

Doing an email verification, I see that inbound email to [email protected] is working just fine.

No the problem is still there.
    I checked with all my domain which are in same account, all have same problem.

• @saqqa123 said: I checked with all my domain which are in same account, all have same problem.

What exactly issue did you have? Please explain in format

@saqqa123 said:

@alento said:

No the problem is still there.
    I checked with all my domain which are in same account, all have same problem.

How many domains are on the same account??? So you cannot send emails between which accounts?

Do you have discord?

@saqqa123 I see that Mike took care of your issue already. The problem was pretty much as I had expected it to be. Your problem is that you did not explain it very well.

• @alento said:
    @saqqa123 I see that Mike took care of your issue already. The problem was pretty much as I had expected it to be. Your problem is that you did not explain it very well.

Thank for your effort. Yes Mike took care of it.
    Was issue with SPF record and setting from the other domain which was sending the email in mx records.