Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 2U colocation in South America and Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 2U colocation in South America and Europe

lentrolentro Member, Host Rep
edited April 2022 in Requests

Hey!

I'm Jonathan from TensorDock. We operate GPU servers in North America and Asia, and we're looking to grow. We want to become the one-stop shop for GPUs so that people make one API integration with us and get the ability to deploy compute anywhere at industry-leading prices.

I'm wondering, does anyone know any providers that would be able to provide the following in South America or Europe?

• 2U server (HPE DL380)
  • 500 watts at full load (2 NVIDIA A-series GPUs + 2 CPUs), but more like 150-200 watts at normal load
  • 1 gigabit port, 40TB bandwidth
  • $100-$125/month target price (varies, e.g. Sao Paulo might be on the higher end of this compared to Amsterdam)

Just to clarify: once we test demand on a single server, we'd be looking to expand to a full rack at the right prices afterwards.

Preferred locations: Sao Paulo, London, Amsterdam, Paris, Frankfurt, Prague, Frankfurt

These servers are intended for video streaming and video transcoding purposes, so we're looking more for low latencies to major population centers than cheap per-kWh pricing. If you happen to know a cheap power provider, feel free to post that as well -- we're also looking for cheap places to stick 8x GPU servers in and sell to machine learning customers who don't care about latency that much.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Thanked by 3Erisa Ympker devp

Comments

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2022

HPE DL380 - what nominal power is written on the power source? 500W ?

Example 500W x 720 h x 0,3 €per kwh= 108€ power cost ;) , if you have the second PW redundant , than 108 x 1,3=140,4€ per month only for power

Only for full rack colocation you will pay what you consume, on 1u..2u colocation you pay for is written on the power source.

Ask @swedendedicated

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Not really - I'd say most Colocation providers charge per consumption, not the rate of the PSU.

That being said, with your estimate of 500W utilization, 40TB of bandwidth and 2U of space, you are unlikely to find anyone in any part of Europe. Your budget does not even cover the power usage if you tend to use 500W.

Thanked by 2RapToN lentro
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2022

We still have a bit of space & power left in one of our racks located in WorldStream, Naaldwijk (1ms away from Amsterdam, our Equinix AM5 location is full at present). We will be able to offer you the following:

• 2u space
    • 2 redundant power feeds
    • 2A @ 230V power
    • 1 Gbit/s @ 40 TB bandwidth (10G is possible)
    • Management access through a VPN

129 EUR /month, month-to-month with free setup

DM me if this sounds interesting to you - we'll get this sorted for you.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • devpdevp Member

@lentro

Are you Jonathan Lei ( Founder of Tensordock) as listed here: https://tensordock.com/about#team.

How about these companies related to Tensordock and Jonathan Lei as listed in link:

• valkvalk Member

@devp said:
    @lentro

Are you Jonathan Lei ( Founder of Tensordock) as listed here: https://tensordock.com/about#team.

How about these companies related to Tensordock and Jonathan Lei as listed in link:

And? What are you talking about?

• devpdevp Member

@valk said:

@devp said:
    @lentro

Is @lentro and Jonathan Lei are same person.

In post Jonathan Lei is the author while poster is @lentro.

• valkvalk Member
    edited April 2022

@devp said:

@valk said:

@devp said:
    @lentro

Yes. There are multiple staff using this account in this case Jonathan being the main author here. Don't know why you are confused with that.

• devpdevp Member

@valk said:

@devp said:

@valk said:

@devp said:
    @lentro

Yes. There are multiple staff using this account in this case Jonathan being the main author here. Don't know why you are confused with that.

And Companies ( as listed in the link shared eariler ) that are founded by same founder are these related to Tensordock as they are providing related services.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@devp said: Companies ( as listed in the link shared eariler ) that are founded by same founder are these related to Tensordock as they are providing related services.

No they're not related at all.

1 person is not allowed to have multiple companies providing similar/related services.

It's just a coincidence the founders have the same name, and ideas.

Just like how lentro is not owned by Jonathan and not related to TensorDock.

• devpdevp Member
    edited April 2022

@DP said:

@devp said: Companies ( as listed in the link shared eariler ) that are founded by same founder are these related to Tensordock as they are providing related services.

No they're not related at all.

1 person is not allowed to have multiple companies providing similar/related services.

It's just a coincidence the founders have the same name, and ideas.

Just like how lentro is not owned by Jonathan and not related to TensorDock.

Founders Profile at listed link do confirm Active Founder of more companies ( Profile is good ):

These are same companies as listed in Founders Crunchbase Link shared earlier.

Here are the links:

Which means founder is associated with more companies acitve under different names and providing similar services:

Companies Crunchbase Links:

Ok Sherlock Holmes, so what's the deal?

What's wrong with having multiple companies providing "similar" services?

Thanked by 2devp lentro
  • devpdevp Member
    edited April 2022

@DP said:

I like to confirm @lentro is Host Rep for Tensordock.

If different than good to know host that @lentro is representing at LET.

Thanked by 1lentro

@devp said:

@DP said:

He owns TensorDock, so yes he’s representing them here on LET.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2022

@DP said:

@devp said:

@DP said:

I am afraid, I can't follow. What is the actual issue with all this now?
    Yes, @lentro represents TensorDock here.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • devpdevp Member
    edited April 2022

@DP said:

@devp said:

@DP said:

@Ympker said:

@DP said:

@devp said:

@DP said:

I am afraid, I can't follow. What is the actual issue with all this now?
    Yes, @lentro represents TensorDock here.

I got more info about @lentro here:

Here "About Me" section mentions lentro is a joint account used by Tensordock team for public postings
    where main author is Jonathan Lei ( Founder of Tensordock ) and other authors are members of the Tensordock team.

This information should be available at @lentro profile at LET.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@devp said: Jonathan Lei

Yep!

@devp said: Companies

Dash Cloud: company I run that owns GPU servers that specializes in large scale stuff. Some of the most well-known GPU clouds use the servers that we provide. I started this back in 2020. We don't market services to LET customers because the scale we're talking about is so large.
    TensorDock: developer/consumer-facing brand. We sell GPU servers to startups and individuals with public pricing.

The reason why there are two companies is that if a customer of a Dash Cloud reseller traces the source of their servers to Dash Cloud, they shouldn't be able to purchase servers directly (so the website is very generic). This is so that we can honor the non-circumvent clauses in our agreements.

The other company (DueDEX) is not me, unfortunately. I wish I was smart enough to create a crypto exchange, but unfortunately, I'm too focused on infrastructure :joy:. Unfortunately, I guess there's another guy who shares my name.

@devp said: Here "About Me" section mentions

I don't believe that LET profiles have an about me section. Perhaps this could be a feature request?

Thanked by 3devp craigb Ympker
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@dedicatserver_ro said: 108€ power cost

Well, we are paying within our target price range for the same servers we're running at Equinix SG1 in Singapore so 🤷

^ but yes, we are paying for the actual power draw, which even there is lower than the per-kWh price that you listed.

I guess we either got a really good deal there then :)

• devpdevp Member

@lentro said:

@devp said: Jonathan Lei

Yep!

@devp said: Companies

Dash Cloud: company I run that owns GPU servers that specializes in large scale stuff. Some of the most well-known GPU clouds use the servers that we provide. I started this back in 2020. We don't market services to LET customers because the scale we're talking about is so large.
    TensorDock: developer/consumer-facing brand. We sell GPU servers to startups and individuals with public pricing.

The reason why there are two companies is that if a customer of a Dash Cloud reseller traces the source of their servers to Dash Cloud, they shouldn't be able to purchase servers directly (so the website is very generic). This is so that we can honor the non-circumvent clauses in our agreements.

The other company (DueDEX) is not me, unfortunately. I wish I was smart enough to create a crypto exchange, but unfortunately, I'm too focused on infrastructure :joy:. Unfortunately, I guess there's another guy who shares my name.

@devp said: Here "About Me" section mentions

I don't believe that LET profiles have an about me section. Perhaps this could be a feature request?

Appreciated yours and teams hard work.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2022

@lentro said: lower than the per-kWh price

• you can also share with us what this price is, and who in Europe
    • In the last 3 weeks I searched all over Europe for full Rack colocation
    • as far as I know Equinix has a limitation of 4-5kwh per rack and only APC zero PDU without monitoring on each outlet