Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS Hosts in New Zealand
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS Hosts in New Zealand

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can point at any hosts that offer VPS services in New Zealand, particularly Auckland.

The only two I know of are RansomIT and ZappieHost.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• CatixsCatixs Member, Host Rep

@Zappie could help with New Zealand

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • Haven't used any of them, but there's also VPSCity/MyHost/RimuHosting. Pricing isn't great.

I just run my stuff in Sydney instead.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

Thanks for the mention. There are few other Auckland based providers out here. But not in the LE price range at all.
    Feel free to DM/email us if you need anything custom or have any sort of questions. We’ll be happy to help with hosting in our Auckland facility

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    edited April 2022

@Zappie said:
    Thanks for the mention. There are few other Auckland based providers out here. But not in the LE price range at all.
    Feel free to DM/email us if you need anything custom or have any sort of questions. We’ll be happy to help with hosting in our Auckland facility

What do you pay for your transit in NZ?

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

@jbiloh said: What do you pay for your transit in NZ?

The prices really vary, for example our latest quotes from Cogent came back at $450/mo for a 1Gbit port, but thats with zero local peering and all your transit will essentially get backhauled to the US, useless for anything with the intention of hosting in APAC, While HE sells 1Gbit for ~$1100/mo but again, you're looking at HE (which is not close to being perfect at all for single homed network)

10Gbit port at AKLIX is $200/mo (Spark, a big big teleco here, does not take part in open peering)

Blended traffic from established networks here in NZ can range from as cheap as $2/mbit to as expensive at $10/mbit

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

NZ there is no point may as well go to ozzie. @Zappie can probably offer you the best in terms of price however a few others are vpscity.co.nz or sitehost

• itoito Member, Host Rep

I am interested in colocation for ZA. Can you reply to discord? Thanks!

• DoucheBagzDoucheBagz Member
    edited April 2022

@Peppery9 said:
    Haven't used any of them, but there's also VPSCity/MyHost/RimuHosting. Pricing isn't great.

I just run my stuff in Sydney instead.

Yeah I've seen all of them before, was looking for some more "low end" friendly pricing haha. Im currently using a Sydney based server, but I would love to have one a few hops and 1ms away in Auckland.

@Zappie said:

You are definitely my top pick at the moment. Will probably reach out when Im ready to switch.

Thanked by 1Zappie
  • jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited April 2022

RansomIT gave me a price within the low-end range when I opened a sales ticket. This was a while ago, not sure how flexible they are today.

Thanked by 1DoucheBagz