Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM: Block Storage Slabs used as Object Storage with minio. Reliable? Dependable?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM: Block Storage Slabs used as Object Storage with minio. Reliable? Dependable?

Would you use such a setup instead of Backblaze B2 if minimizing the risks of data loss was primordial?

I think I read the slabs are protected by either RAID-6 or RAID-10. Are the physical disks making a single slab in the same datacenter? Same rack?

My intentions are to run minio and use rclone to send borg backups.

Comments

• yes.
    don't forget to back up the backup

• Somewhere, Francisco wrote that he was creating a object storage service, so if you wait, you won't have to install minio.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@PearlMoon said:
    yes.
    don't forget to back up the backup

Truer words never spoken.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Hotmarer said:
    Somewhere, Francisco wrote that he was creating a object storage service, so if you wait, you won't have to install minio.

Lets not get too ahead of ourselves.

I'm hoping to, we'll see how it goes :)

Francisco

• @rackabuser said:
    Would you use such a setup instead of Backblaze B2 if minimizing the risks of data loss was primordial?

I think I read the slabs are protected by either RAID-6 or RAID-10. Are the physical disks making a single slab in the same datacenter? Same rack?

first: get a slab. good luck. :)

• @Francisco said:

@Hotmarer said:
    Somewhere, Francisco wrote that he was creating a object storage service, so if you wait, you won't have to install minio.

Lets not get too ahead of ourselves.

I'm hoping to, we'll see how it goes :)

Francisco

When is NameCrane ready?

• @rackabuser said:

If the cost is the same, I'm certain that BackBlaze has a lower percentage of losing customer data.

Thanked by 1rackabuser
  • Word on the street is that boom is preparing a home made secure redundant storage solution based on @yoursunny famous storage algorithm.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @hyperblast said:

@rackabuser said:

first: get a slab. good luck. :)

You were not kidding. As soon as they pop up, they get snagged. They are the Pokemons of the VPS world.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@rackabuser said: They are the Pokemons

We have enough furries in our discord, please don't encourage them.

Francisco

Thanked by 1rackabuser