Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plex with sonarr and radarr
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Plex with sonarr and radarr

Hello, I have got a Plex instance running on my home server. I am looking to extend it by auto downloading movies. I have found something called Sonarr & Radarr, and both look the same to me. If someone could tell me the uses of both of them and how to implement it, it would be very helpful (Just a brief description not in detail). I will be grateful to anyone who decides to help.

Thanks

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Sonarr is for tv shows and radarr is for movies.

Thanked by 3Nekki skorous tmepy
  • tmepytmepy Member

@Nekki said:
    Fucking millenials.

Hey, what do you mean by this?

• tmepytmepy Member
    edited April 2022

Also on final note what is Jackett used for? And would I have to use a VPN to download the torrents?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:
    Fucking millenials.

I mean you have made zero effort to do your own research, and expected everyone else to just do the work for you, which is typical of fucking millennials.

To underline the point, had you bothered to properly review the responses you've received already, you'd know what Jackett is used for.

• james50ajames50a Member
    edited April 2022

Honest answer is if this is to difficult to Google you should not be setting this up due to risks involved with automated piracy.

• @james50a said:
    Honest answer is if this is to difficult to Google you should not be setting this up due to risks involved with automated piracy.

Agreed. From the sound on it, he intends to expose his server on thepiratebay to grab those movies lol.

• @Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:
    Fucking millenials.

I mean you have made zero effort to do your own research, and expected everyone else to just do the work for you, which is typical of fucking millennials.

To underline the point, had you bothered to properly review the responses you've received already, you'd know what Jackett is used for.

i guess, you messed with the wrong guy @tmepy or should I say you are unlucky @Nekki saw your post. ✌️🤪

nevertheless, here you go https://wiki.servarr.com/

Thanked by 1tmepy
  • tmepytmepy Member
    edited April 2022

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:
    Fucking millenials.

Ah, sorry about that I have been trying my best. I have been reading articles on the web and it just says connects sonarr, radarr and lidarr i think. I didn't understand what connects means in this case because I have never even used torrents before.

• tmepytmepy Member

Obviously I have done research before asking. I was not able to find answers, hence the reason I have asked? @Nekki Why would I ask without doing some research for. I am asking just because I did not find a valid answer that answered my queries on the web and I am new to running a media server. Sorry if I disrespected u.

• @tmepy said:
    Obviously I have done research before asking. I was not able to find answers, hence the reason I have asked? @Nekki Why would I ask without doing some research for. I am asking just because I did not find a valid answer that answered my queries on the web and I am new to running a media server. Sorry if I disrespected u.

I don't like to roll noobs like this, but Jesus Christ, being polite would help your cause.

Jackett is the tool that *arr use to locate torrents from different sources.

• tmepytmepy Member

@dahartigan said:

@tmepy said:

I don't like to roll noobs like this, but Jesus Christ, being polite would help your cause.

Jackett is the tool that *arr use to locate torrents from different sources.

Sorry bro, I was trying to be polite but things are hectic for my in life at the moment. Again very sorry for being unpolite.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@tmepy said: Obviously I have done research before asking. I was not able to find answers, hence the reason I have asked? @Nekki Why would I ask without doing some research for. I am asking just because I did not find a valid answer that answered my queries on the web and I am new to running a media server. Sorry if I disrespected u.

No, not 'obviously'. The respective homepages of sonarr and radarr say what they're for, so either you didn't actually do any research or you lack the level of reading and comprehension required to undertake basic computing tasks. I assume it's the former as you're managing to respond to me.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • VoidVoid Member

@tmepy said:
    Hello, I have got a Plex instance running on my home server. I am looking to extend it by auto downloading movies. I have found something called Sonarr & Radarr, and both look the same to me. If someone could tell me the uses of both of them and how to implement it, it would be very helpful (Just a brief description not in detail). I will be grateful to anyone who decides to help.

Thanks

Here you go.

When you have 10 seconds to spare from your hectic schedule, give it a try.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • deutsdeuts Member

I couldn't blame OP. I wasn't able to understand exactly how they work (Sonarr and Radarr) until I get to try them. Sometimes, you just need to get your hands dirty.

• tmepytmepy Member

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said: Obviously I have done research before asking. I was not able to find answers, hence the reason I have asked? @Nekki Why would I ask without doing some research for. I am asking just because I did not find a valid answer that answered my queries on the web and I am new to running a media server. Sorry if I disrespected u.

No, not 'obviously'. The respective homepages of sonarr and radarr say what they're for, so either you didn't actually do any research or you lack the level of reading and comprehension required to undertake basic computing tasks. I assume it's the former as you're managing to respond to me.

I am really sorry if I said anything rude. Its just that I did not understand the torrent download manager thing. I do know what radarr and sonarr is I just wanted to confirm somewhere as I did not want to do something that fucks up my machine since its got a lot of important data on it. Again I just realised I could have tested it on a VPS but it sincerely did not come to my mind at that time. (I was more confused because I was watching a video about plex and they were using this download manager or something not sure but I think the youtuber said something along the lines of couch potato?). Again I did do my research and came to lowendtalk to just check if my research was on point. I said in short to give a brief description as to check if the information I had was on point, since I have no one else to clarify this from. Sorry again for being rude.

• tmepytmepy Member

I am not trying to be rude to anyone in any way, just want to get that clear. I am new to torrenting and stuff like this so I just had asked a general questions as in the past I have received a lot of wrong information and have installed the wrong thing. I have made this thread to just clarify up my doubts so that I do not do anything stupid. Also if u think I am stupid asking about radarr and sonarr here's the reason I asked. I have done the same mistake in the past and did not want to repeat it, hence just asking to gain clarity.

• tmepytmepy Member
    edited April 2022

Yes, also I have seen the reddit page but wasn't sure if something had changed in the past 2 years and also was not sure if the information there was correct. Also turns out the information I had was wrong since I went to radarr.com and not radarr.video

• mwtmwt Member

@tmepy said:
    I didn't understand what connects means in this case because I have never even used torrents before.

Then, this is not a tool for you. You should never automate something that you don't know how to do manually.

Thanked by 2dahartigan james50a
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@deuts said:
    I couldn't blame OP. I wasn't able to understand exactly how they work (Sonarr and Radarr) until I get to try them. Sometimes, you just need to get your hands dirty.

Not understanding how they work is very different from not even having basic knowledge of what the products are before you start trying to use them.

• tmepytmepy Member

@Nekki said:

@deuts said:

Not understanding how they work is very different from not even having basic knowledge of what the products are before you start trying to use them.

Ah, good thing. I will try out torrenting before using radarr and sonarr

• Just use swizzin. It will do all the installation with a few clicks

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@deuts said:

You can get managed apps hosting that takes care of all the heavy lifting for you, and reduces the risk of a nasty letter being sent to your home address. Do you have any budget for this setup?

Thanked by 1jcolideles
  • TeoMTeoM Member
    edited April 2022

Plex + Radarr + Usenet + SABnzbd = Best combination !

Thanked by 1tmepy
  • tmepytmepy Member
    edited April 2022

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@deuts said:

You can get managed apps hosting that takes care of all the heavy lifting for you, and reduces the risk of a nasty letter being sent to your home address. Do you have any budget for this setup?

Yes I do have the budget, could you tell me what I could do to buy one and a recommendation on where to buy from (home server was for me to improve my hardware and ubuntu skills lol). Now I cannot live without plex lol and don't want to receive a nasty letter on the other end XD

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@deuts said:

Yes I do have the budget, could you tell me what I could do to buy one and a recommendation on where to buy from (home server was for me to improve my hardware and ubuntu skills lol). Now I cannot live without plex lol and don't want to receive a nasty letter on the other end XD

I recommend Ultra.cc. Not the cheapest app hosting provider, but in my experience the best combination of stability and price. Their Tank Steaming plans include Plex if you want an all in one solution. Make sure they have all the apps you need before you buy, and make sure you know how to use them - support is great but they’re not going to hand-hold you through everything.

• @tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@tmepy said:

@Nekki said:

@deuts said:

any range of the budget per month in mine?

• you could have googled their uses in less time than what it took to make the thread :/

Thanked by 1Nekki