Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KS-01 France(GRA & RBX) is back in stock
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KS-01 France(GRA & RBX) is back in stock

TekoTeko Member

KS-1
Atom N2800 2c/4t 1.86 GHz
4 GB DDR3 1066 MHZ
1 TB SATA (most of them are 2TB)

US: https://www.kimsufi.com/us/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=2201sk010
EU: https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=2201sk010

This is my first discussion opened.
Hope it can help u to get what u want.
I am going to grab one :)

Thanked by 4dahartigan ehab pbx tmepy

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Don’t believe the hype.

KS-1 is a prick.

Thanked by 1berkay
  • TekoTeko Member

root@rescue~# lsblk NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT sda 8:0 0 1.8T 0 disk

I am going to use this machine to download files from some websites. 100M is enough for me but I need unmetered BW. I have checked other providers which have big storage provided like BuyVM and OneProvider. They are a bit expensive for me.

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited April 2022

I too used to believe KS-1s were unicorns, until I came across checkservers.ovh that is. Now, they're just boring horses.

• Gone!

• @jmgcaguicla said:
    I too used to believe KS-1s were unicorns, until I came across checkservers.ovh that is. Now, they're just boring horses.

I tried subscribing on that site and I got this

LOL I send very few emails and am definitely not a spammer.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@vitobotta said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

Could be the IP you’re using to sign up, rather than the email address? Or maybe the domain you use for email is known for spam?

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Gone!

I'm actually curious how many nodes are still in service. They sure have been durable.

• pbxpbx Member

@Teko said: most of them are 2TB

Regarding this is it the same situation in both locations, or is there one where users are more lucky?

• @pbx said:

@Teko said: most of them are 2TB

Regarding this is it the same situation in both locations, or is there one where users are more lucky?

Mine is 2 TB too. Mostly, if you got 1 TB one, you're "lucky".

Thanked by 1pbx
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Is KS-1 really that much of a killer deal these days? If you get the 2TB drive it's probably a little better but there are so many cheap storage VMs that even a shared single core of their CPU would outclass that little Atom.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • @LordSpock said:
    Is KS-1 really that much of a killer deal these days? If you get the 2TB drive it's probably a little better but there are so many cheap storage VMs that even a shared single core of their CPU would outclass that little Atom.

I think they can catch fire any moment. So definitely killer

• @Nekki said:

@vitobotta said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

Could be the IP you’re using to sign up, rather than the email address? Or maybe the domain you use for email is known for spam?

My IP has been mine for ages without any issues and it's a custom domain with no issues either.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@vitobotta said:

@Nekki said:

@vitobotta said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

My IP has been mine for ages without any issues and it's a custom domain with no issues either.

Check which blacklists your domain is on?

• @Nekki said:

@vitobotta said:

@Nekki said:

@vitobotta said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

Checked, all green

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@vitobotta said:

@Nekki said:

@vitobotta said:

@Nekki said:

@vitobotta said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

Checked, all green

Contact the maintainer - http://vova1234.com/blog/dev/355.html

• @Nekki said:

@vitobotta said:

@Nekki said:

@vitobotta said:

@Nekki said:

@vitobotta said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

Checked, all green

Contact the maintainer - http://vova1234.com/blog/dev/355.html

I can try, thanks

• TekoTeko Member

@LordSpock said:
    there are so many cheap storage VMs that even a shared single core of their CPU would outclass that little Atom.

Cheap storage VMs always come with a shared CPU and shared BW. If u burst it for too long then may shut down the VM or limit the speed. Also, a dedi server won't have noisy neighbors.

Thanked by 2jason5545 Maounique
  • TekoTeko Member

it is back again

Thanked by 1pbx
  • @Teko said:

@LordSpock said:
    there are so many cheap storage VMs that even a shared single core of their CPU would outclass that little Atom.

Cheap storage VMs always come with a shared CPU and shared BW. If u burst it for too long then may shut down the VM or limit the speed. Also, a dedi server won't have noisy neighbors.

This is my point too.

Thanked by 1Teko
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

@Teko said:

@LordSpock said:

As for shared CPU, even 25% of a modern processor core will outperform that entire Atom.

Bandwidth is fair, but pulling at least 100Mbps on a VM from a reputable provider is usually not usually a huge issue?

Noisy neighbors is a good point, but with the handful of "good" storage providers I've encountered, this has never been an issue for me. It's always nice to be in your own physical environment though.

Not criticising anybody however - each man to themselves, just think it's not a deal to be excited about anymore.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Teko
  • tmepytmepy Member

@LordSpock said:

@Teko said:

@LordSpock said:

As for shared CPU, even 25% of a modern processor core will outperform that entire Atom.

Bandwidth is fair, but pulling at least 100Mbps on a VM from a reputable provider is usually not usually a huge issue?

Noisy neighbors is a good point, but with the handful of "good" storage providers I've encountered, this has never been an issue for me. It's always nice to be in your own physical environment though.

Not criticising anybody however - each man to themselves, just think it's not a deal to be excited about anymore.

Hey, I did not find any provider cheaper for storage than kimsufi. Could you tell me which brand your talking about?

• TekoTeko Member

@tmepy said:

@LordSpock said:

@Teko said:

@LordSpock said:

Hey, I did not find any provider cheaper for storage than kimsufi. Could you tell me which brand your talking about?

I know one called ServaRICA.
    2 CPU cores
    2 GB RAM
    2TB disk
    Unlimited transfer on 100mbps or 4TB limit on 1gbps
    1x IPv4
    IPv6 available by request

48USD annually, so it's 4USD/month. A bit cheaper than kimsufi.

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • @Teko said:

@tmepy said:

@LordSpock said:

@Teko said:

@LordSpock said:

I know one called ServaRICA.
    2 CPU cores
    2 GB RAM
    2TB disk
    Unlimited transfer on 100mbps or 4TB limit on 1gbps
    1x IPv4
    IPv6 available by request

48USD annually, so it's 4USD/month. A bit cheaper than kimsufi.

It's $110 on their site now.

• @farsighter said:
    It's $110 on their site now.

Look for Special Big Storage Plans 2022

https://clients.servarica.com/store/black-friday-2021

Under "Polar Bear Storage Offer"

I never used that service just was looking for that offer on their website, buy it on your own risk.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Nope, these are still great storage boxes. I am crazy low-ender and used this with containers too to separate the Tor exit and the block exporting (iSCSI) from the host (debian desktop).
    Yes, the CPU sucks, I can remember the times I was actually waiting for the windows to open, but for headless operation is fine, i only use the desktop once in a blue moon.

Thanked by 1chedenaz