Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest dedicated Server (or VPS) in Australia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest dedicated Server (or VPS) in Australia

devops01001devops01001 Member
edited April 2022 in General

Hi folks:

Recently I'd like to deploy a dedicated server in Australia, prefered in sydney, but any other location in australia is okay. The cheaper, the better.

Requirements:
1. at least 4 core CPU, 16GB mem
2. at least 4 IPv4 address
3. more than 480GB storage space, either SSD or HDD
4. outbound bandwith > 250Mbps, with 1TB/mo traffic
5. provide IPMI access and do support custom OS install

Prefered:
1. CPU with integrated graphics
2. no setup fee

I have a budget around 60 - 70 USD/mo. Does anyone have any recommendations?

PS: I will be running ESXi for virutalization, so if KVM VPS support this feature and I can install ESXi on to that (2nd level virtualization), I am also accepting VPS.

PPS: OVH provide great services but their setup fee is to high from my point, does anyone has any other options?

Comments

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

Have a look at OVH in Sydney, will fit your budget for sure

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

OVH should be able to do all that but I think the bandwidth would be 250mbps and they have a setup fee. The rise APAC with the 1245v5 ticks all the other boxes, and they should have IPMI. The IPs are one time and would be within your budget anyways

• @Zappie said:
    Have a look at OVH in Sydney, will fit your budget for sure

Thanks for your quickest reply. I've checked their website, and their setup fee is a little bit high for me.

• Shockhosting have dedis in Sydney and ticks all your boxes. @ShockHosting

• @dahartigan said:
    Shockhosting have dedis in Sydney and ticks all your boxes. @ShockHosting

+1 for Shock Hosting.

Thanked by 1ShockHosting
  • @dahartigan said: Shockhosting have dedis in Sydney and ticks all your boxes. @ShockHosting

We use them for Prod in Sydney. Such a great service

Thanked by 1ShockHosting
  • CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

@RansomIT has some for $90AUD per month

• @Gravely said:

@dahartigan said: Shockhosting have dedis in Sydney and ticks all your boxes. @ShockHosting

Yeah, Shockhosting provide great service at affordable price, but sadly they don't provide CPU with integrated graphics. Hope to find if there are any other providers that provide CPU with integrated graphics.

Thanked by 1ShockHosting
  • @devops01001 said:

@Gravely said:

@dahartigan said: Shockhosting have dedis in Sydney and ticks all your boxes. @ShockHosting

Yeah, Shockhosting provide great service at affordable price, but sadly they don't provide CPU with integrated graphics. Hope to find if there are any other providers that provide CPU with integrated graphics.

Yikes, sorry for the bum steer on that one.

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

@dahartigan said:

@devops01001 said:

@Gravely said:

Yikes, sorry for the bum steer on that one.

Second @dahartigan not sure if Oliver would do integrated graphics. Ashton at ShockHosting might be okay if you want to send a graphics card in but not sure if sunmicro chassie supports can't remember

Thanked by 1dahartigan