Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lease to own dedicated server - Anyone?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lease to own dedicated server - Anyone?

So, here is the deal :

I have customers ready to support a pretty large node, but to be honest, i do not have funds to invest in brand new, expensive equipment at this point. So i want to "lease to own" some hardware. Here is what i want :

Alternative 1 :
-Amd Ryzen 5900x, 5950x or similar, 2 x 2 or 4tb pci-e gen4 nvme drives, 128 or 256gb decent memory, 10gbit connection, possible to add ips, as this will be a node hosting vps servers.

Alternative 2 :
Xeon based system with 24 or 36 disk bays. This can be 2.5 inch bays aswell. Single ip needed, but 10g port. I have disks ready to fill such a system. 128 - 256gb ram. 2 x xeon 2697V3 cpus would be ideal for such a system.

Looking for "lease to own" deal on something like this. Location needs to be in EU. I will ofcourse pay for colocation in your datacenter, if your network and things are good. After the hardware is paid off, i will probably keep hosting it with you if i am satisfied, but i want the possibility to pull out the hardware and have you ship it.

If there is someone here who can do such a deal, please DM me with a discord or something. Budget up to $500 per month per system.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

There are plenty of banks that offer leasing or a hire purchase, which is what you are enquiring about.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited April 2022

@Clouvider said:
    There are plenty of banks that offer leasing or a hire purchase, which is what you are enquiring about.

I think he means more along the lines of Dacentec's "rent to own" which is pretty much what he/she's talking about for for EU not USA.

EDIT: Unlike dacentec's RTO, he wants new equipment, so you're probably more on the mark with your suggestion, Dom ;)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • 30033003 Member

@dahartigan said:

@Clouvider said:

I think he means more along the lines of Dacentec's "rent to own" which is pretty much what he/she's talking about for for EU not USA.

EDIT: Unlike dacentec's RTO, he wants new equipment, so you're probably more on the mark with your suggestion, Dom ;)

Doesnt have to be new at all. Taking offers on decent hardware - But a old i7 or V1 xeon is not a option.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @3003 said:

@dahartigan said:

@Clouvider said:

Doesnt have to be new at all. Taking offers on decent hardware - But a old i7 or V1 xeon is not a option.

In that case, please completely disregard the suggestion of dacentec. I hope you have a good sense of humor, but their servers are like this "Supermicro 4-Bay 2xL5520 48GB 2x2TB SATA RTO" so I think we're worlds apart here.

• 30033003 Member

@dahartigan said:

@3003 said:

@dahartigan said:

@Clouvider said:

In that case, please completely disregard the suggestion of dacentec. I hope you have a good sense of humor, but their servers are like this "Supermicro 4-Bay 2xL5520 48GB 2x2TB SATA RTO" so I think we're worlds apart here.

Yep, not paying premium for equipment people discard and give away locally. I have more than 50 servers laying here with v1 and v2 cpus, useless.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

And OP is asking for EU region, dacentec is not option either way.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

WorldStream used to do RTO/LTO some time ago but I'm not sure if they're still providing that now.

Serverius does I believe.

• @Saahib said:
    And OP is asking for EU region, dacentec is not option either way.

I touched on that in my reply, about 15 words after I said "dacentec".. ;)

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2022

@DP said:
    WorldStream used to do RTO/LTO some time ago but I'm not sure if they're still providing that now.

Serverius does I believe.

Worldstream stopped doing it. - Just like Colocation. Colo they example do only If you take one or multiple full Racks. I inquired about LTO for a customer project before (Colo and 40 servers - i have been out of stock during that time). thats why i know.

Serverius he might inquire to make a contract for LTO. Altough not sure if they will do it for just one server?

Thanked by 1DP
  • afnafn Member

@HostSlick said: Serverius he might inquire to make a contract for LTO. Altough not sure if they will do it for just one server?

They will, even for 1 server, it is not really LTO, but more of a financing, they buy new hardware, you set-up a payment plan, depending on your profile they will decide what payment plan (number of months) and how much they want as first payment. Once you finish paying it up, the hardware is all yours, keep it in their DC or move it. LTO is a bit different because usually it is a bad value for money and ends up being more expensive than buying the server yourself and collect it (at least based on the prices I saw back when WS offered LTO).

• amarcamarc Veteran

Serverius does this.. and at pretty decent price (at least 1-2 years ago when I was in business for this). You usually combine this with 1U colo with them and that comes at bargain in total for like 30-40 EUR/pm with unlimited bw. I asked about Supermicro configs back then as they have relations with them but maybe they can offer other brands too

• 30033003 Member

I will try to contact them, thank you

• HotmarerHotmarer Member
    edited April 2022

@3003 said: -Amd Ryzen 5900x, 5950x or similar, 2 x 2 or 4tb pci-e gen4 nvme drives, 128 or 256gb decent memory, 10gbit connection, possible to add ips, as this will be a node hosting vps servers.

If you find a supplier that offers more than 128 GB of RAM, please write motherboard name, I cannot find any motherboard for ryzen 9 supporting more than 128 GB of RAM.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@Hotmarer said:

@3003 said: -Amd Ryzen 5900x, 5950x or similar, 2 x 2 or 4tb pci-e gen4 nvme drives, 128 or 256gb decent memory, 10gbit connection, possible to add ips, as this will be a node hosting vps servers.

If you find a supplier that offers more than 128 GB of RAM, please write motherboard name, I cannot find any motherboard for ryzen 9 supporting more than 128 GB of RAM.

I think also asrock rack are the only Mainboards with ipmi for ryzen you can use for servers. Or?

Would also love to see Alternatives. Lol.

The Boards which are interesting for me only have 4 dimm slots, so would need 4x 32gb dimms to have = 128gb ram.

• @HostSlick said: The Boards which are interesting for me only have 4 dimm slots, so would need 4x 32gb dimms to have = 128gb ram.

Can you share board name/model?

Asrock not so long ago released motherboards with 10gbit ethernet ports, but still only 128 GB of RAM (4 slots x 32 GB) :(

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited April 2022

@Hotmarer said:

@HostSlick said: The Boards which are interesting for me only have 4 dimm slots, so would need 4x 32gb dimms to have = 128gb ram.

Asrock not so long ago released motherboards with 10gbit ethernet ports, but still only 128 GB of RAM (4 slots x 32 GB) :(

Ryzens have only 2 memory channels which is why there's only 4 dimm slots. It's designed this way so you have to upgrade to threadrippers or epycs for more ram.

• @NoComment said:

@Hotmarer said:

@HostSlick said: The Boards which are interesting for me only have 4 dimm slots, so would need 4x 32gb dimms to have = 128gb ram.

Ryzens have only 2 memory channels which is why there's only 4 dimm slots. It's designed this way so you have to upgrade to threadrippers or epycs for more ram.

But there are also 64 GB sticks, but probably none of the server motherboards for ryzen 9 support them.

• @Hotmarer said:

@NoComment said:

@Hotmarer said:

But there are also 64 GB sticks, but probably none of the server motherboards for ryzen 9 support them.

It is limited to 32 GB by design. Zen 1 and zen+ used to only allow a max of 64 GB ram. It is a design choice to make more money. For AMD to enable support for greater max ram, intel would have to first allow 256 GB of ram on their cheaper consumer cpus.

Thanked by 2Hotmarer ralf