Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostUS Atlanta Down ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostUS Atlanta Down ?

My VPS was down for like 12 hours Thurs then came back - Atlanta DC. Now it's down again all day today...same ticket open with no status update other than they are looking into it (received this like 10 hours ago). I don't see any outage info on their site or Twitter. HostUS has always been very reliable for me until the last couple days.

Comments

• Seems to be back up again. Still no status update on ticket to what the issue was or if it has been actually resolved this time.

• Enact your backup and disaster mitigation plan.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@zeeter82 said:
    Seems to be back up again. Still no status update on ticket to what the issue was or if it has been actually resolved this time.

I would migrate at this point

• edited April 2022

Sounds like most of you, commenting about migrations and moving away from hostus have never been a customer of hostus.

They have been around for a while, and are definitely not a summerhost.

• @NobodyInteresting said:
    Sounds like most of you, commenting about migrations and moving away from hostus have never been a customer of hostus.

I'd say it's still worrying if multiple people have complained of undelivered orders, unanswered tickets, etc.

I'm not a customer of HostUS, but I know they've been a reputable provider, although I wonder what's happening lately with them that these reports have been popping up.

• @JeDaYoshi said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

I'd say it's still worrying if multiple people have complained of undelivered orders, unanswered tickets, etc.

I'm not a customer of HostUS, but I know they've been a reputable provider, although I wonder what's happening lately with them that these reports have been popping up.

I personally haven't seen other reports. Maybe I missed them?

But from this thread - its a single person complaining about a downtime, which was since resolved, as indicated by the same person.

Ive had similar happen to me when using aws, so I don't consider it something to be worried about.

• SPSP Member

The lack of a status update anywhere seems to be a common occurrence. Doesn't take much error to just poop out something on Twitter, especially when tickets are piling up from an outage.

• @NobodyInteresting said:

@JeDaYoshi said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

But from this thread - its a single person complaining about a downtime, which was since resolved, as indicated by the same person.

Ive had similar happen to me when using aws, so I don't consider it something to be worried about.

I can recall a while ago, as an example, @Advin mentioned on LET Discord that he had ordered an ASN from them and had not received it yet. I wonder if the status of that has changed?

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@JeDaYoshi said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@JeDaYoshi said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

I can recall a while ago, as an example, @Advin mentioned on LET Discord that he had ordered an ASN from them and had not received it yet. I wonder if the status of that has changed?

Nah, nothing happened yet. Still waiting. I ended up just getting an ASN from a different provider.

• titustitus Member

I detected also a short outage yesterday (Dallas location, node: DAL01-VZ75), but it solved fast, without ticket.

@AlexanderM maybe can help, but he's last activity in LET was in February (this year) :/ I hope everything is fine with them, because I really like the services what i have from them.

• itoito Member, Host Rep

Please stop using HostUS
    This is my advice, I purchased the Hong Kong location and had a situation that I still cannot resolve and no one has replied to the ticket.
    I would call it "really rubbish" :)

• i heard virmach is running a flash sale