Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iHostArt node suddenly down - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iHostArt node suddenly down

2»

Comments

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2022

@gonzas144 said:
    Thats great! Ill consider BuyVM. But its still double the price than ihostart and they have nodes in the USA,. I don't see them very DMCA friendly

They ignore DMCA complaints for all of their locations, but if you want to be more "safe" then choose their Luxembourg location. I've used them as a seedbox in the past with public trackers.

You can ask in their Discord: https://discord.gg/8VEb7YG or @Francisco can maybe chime in :)

They will probably be the cheapest you'll get for high bandwidth, 1TB storage, DMCA ignored VPS's without an outright deadpool or scam.

• gonzas144gonzas144 Member
    edited September 2022

@Advin said:

@gonzas144 said:
    Thats great! Ill consider BuyVM. But its still double the price than ihostart and they have nodes in the USA,. I don't see them very DMCA friendly

They ignore DMCA complaints for all of their locations, but if you want to be more "safe" then choose their Luxembourg location. I've used them as a seedbox in the past with public trackers.

You can ask in their Discord: https://discord.gg/8VEb7YG or @Francisco can maybe chime in :)

They will probably be the cheapest you'll get for high bandwidth, 1TB storage, DMCA ignored VPS's without an outright deadpool or scam.

I'm sorry but they want to charge 30 USD for a 1TB storage VPS? Am I right? I was getting that for 4 USD...

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2022

@gonzas144 said:

@Advin said:

@gonzas144 said:

I'm sorry but they want to charge 30 USD for a 1TB storage VPS? Am I right? I was getting that for 4 USD...

They charge $5/month for 1TB (https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?gid=45) + $3.50 for a 1GB KVM Slice (https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?gid=38)

$8.50/month total for 1GB RAM + 1TB HDD storage, $4.50/month over the amount you were previously paying. (they used to have 512MB VPS plans but those are gone now)

The https://buyvm.net/storage-vps/ website is outdated, it prompts you to purchase a KVM Slice + Slab if you try to order something from that web page :)

• @Advin said:

@gonzas144 said:

@Advin said:

@gonzas144 said:

They charge $5/month for 1TB (https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?gid=45) + $3.50 for a 1GB KVM Slice (https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?gid=38)

$7.50/month total for 1GB RAM + 1TB HDD storage, $3.50/month over the amount you were previously paying.

Thanks. They only have available in Las Vegas though, but it's fine.

• @Advin said:

@gonzas144 said:

@Advin said:

@gonzas144 said:

$8.50/month total for 1GB RAM + 1TB HDD storage, $4.50/month over the amount you were previously paying. (they used to have 512MB VPS plans but those are gone now)

The https://buyvm.net/storage-vps/ website is outdated, it prompts you to purchase a KVM Slice + Slab if you try to order something from that web page :)

Looks like BuyVM banned my country from paying with credit card. That's why I didn't go with them in the first place. Any other recommendations?

• @gonzas144 said: Looks like BuyVM banned my country from paying with credit card. That's why I didn't go with them in the first place. Any other recommendations?

VPN. What an odd question really, on such a forum.

• Lol ihostart website is down :joy:

edited September 2022

@luckypenguin said:

@gonzas144 said: Looks like BuyVM banned my country from paying with credit card. That's why I didn't go with them in the first place. Any other recommendations?!

VPN. What an odd question really, on such a forum.

Yeah sure because bypassing a fraud prevention system (Fraudlabs pro) with people working and being paid to do exactly that is so simple as using a VPN 🤦🏻‍♂️

Thanked by 1dystopia
  • luckypenguinluckypenguin Member
    edited September 2022

@gonzas144 said: Yeah sure because bypassing a fraud prevention system (Fraudlabs pro) with people working and being paid to do exactly that is so simple as using a VPN 🤦🏻‍♂️

I bypassed any WHMCS "fraud module" simply forging an X-Forwarded-For header. This still
    works in 2022, and as a proof, try it, and WHMCS will report the IP from X-Forwarded-For and
    not the actual one. I mostly did it to avoid VAT on some "legit" providers, although I'm not in EU.

P.S.
    Reply to the ticket and pay with crypto. Then no fraud and chargebacks are possible.

edited September 2022

@luckypenguin said:

@gonzas144 said: Yeah sure because bypassing a fraud prevention system (Fraudlabs pro) with people working and being paid to do exactly that is so simple as using a VPN 🤦🏻‍♂️

I bypassed any WHMCS "fraud module" simple forging an X-Forwarded-For header. This still
    works in 2022, and as a proof, try it, and WHMCS will report the IP from X-Forwarded-For and
    not the actual one. I mostly did it to avoid VAT on some "legit" providers, although I'm not in EU.

They check your credit card BIM to test if you are from where you say you are, is not that simple and I'm not willing to spend time developing a solution for it.

• @gonzas144 said: They check your credit card BIM to test if you are from where you say you are, is not that simple and I'm not willing to spend time developing a solution for it.

What part of paying with crypto did you miss in my post above? I wouldn't give my card to any
    3d party provider or a payment processor, even if it's Francisco whom I trust, but not the 3d party
    payment processors which, let's be honest, are nothing but logging pieces of shit taking 3% of all
    transactions. I refuse to play this game.

• @luckypenguin said:

I bypassed any WHMCS "fraud module" simply forging an X-Forwarded-For header. This still

P.S.
    Reply to the ticket and pay with crypto. Then no fraud and chargebacks are possible.

Bannable offense.

• @TimboJones said:

@luckypenguin said:

P.S.

Bannable offense.

Or evil genius?

• @luckypenguin said:

Bragging about avoiding the anti-fraud measures in order to commit the kind of actual fraud your government might be interested in seems a bit dumb.

What's more dumb is that if you're not in the EU, you shouldn't have been charged VAT anyway, so you shouldn't have had to use a VPN.

• @gonzas144 said: They check your credit card BIM to test if you are from where you say you are, is not that simple and I'm not willing to spend time developing a solution for it.

This. And what is funny, when first time I encountered with this "fraud-attempt" billing support says: "Your IP not match address where are you live" and nothing was said about BIM of my card. Of course in next attempt I got idea that "possibly my card (that really was issued in other country) not match my real address".
    But will be better if this variant billing dept specify in their reply too.

• @gonzas144 said:
    Anyone here using iHostArt ? (ihostart.com)

Being using that service for about a year without major issues (they had some DDoS during the last month but nothing serious). Payed monthly because they are very cheap and I've always distrusted their service. Since Apr 6th my node went down, so I contacted support. They said that the issue will be solved they were doing migrations, but since today I can't even login to the webpage cpanel, it always redirects me to the index when I click "Login". It's been 48hs which is a-lot of downtime even being as permissive as I was.

Also as a request if anyone knows an alternative, I was paying 4€ for the following specs:

KVM based.
    1 GB RAM
    2 vCPUs (very cheap ones)
    1 Gbps link with 8 TB bandwidth
    1 TB disk
    DMCA-free

Want something similar, max budget 7€. I'm ok with unreliable services as long as they don't bail as this guy.

Thanks

Right here

• @hollowvi1 said:

@gonzas144 said:

Being using that service for about a year without major issues (they had some DDoS during the last month but nothing serious). Payed monthly because they are very cheap and I've always distrusted their service. Since Apr 6th my node went down, so I contacted support. They said that the issue will be solved they were doing migrations, but since today I can't even login to the webpage cpanel, it always redirects me to the index when I click "Login". It's been 48hs which is a-lot of downtime even being as permissive as I was.

Also as a request if anyone knows an alternative, I was paying 4€ for the following specs:

KVM based.
    1 GB RAM
    1 TB disk
    DMCA-free

Want something similar, max budget 7€. I'm ok with unreliable services as long as they don't bail as this guy.

Thanks

Right here

Nice necro.

• @HalfEatenPie said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@gonzas144 said:

KVM based.
    1 GB RAM
    1 TB disk
    DMCA-free

Thanks

Right here

Nice necro.

Huh?

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited November 2022

@hollowvi1 said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@gonzas144 said:

KVM based.
    1 GB RAM
    1 TB disk
    DMCA-free

Thanks

Right here

Nice necro.

Huh?

Mate, post is from April. This thread got brought back for a short period in September, which was a long time after it "ended".

You brought it back to the front in November, two months since it was last commented on and 7 months after it was originally started, only to advertise your services.

This is frowned upon and recommended not to do. Especially since your post is no longer relevant to the thread.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/137719/lowendtalk-community-rules-updated-june-2022/p1#thingswehate

@trewq said: The Dark Arts of Thread Necromancy. Make sure the thread you're replying to is still relevant.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited November 2022

@HalfEatenPie said:
    Nice necro.

@hollowvi1 said:
    Huh?

A "necro post" is a new post in an old, forgotten thread where nobody has posted for a while. It is called a "necro post" because you are resurrecting the thread "from the dead".

Most websites, including LowEndTalk, prefer that you start a new thread, rather than "necro posting" in an old thread.

I never quite understood why there is an issue with reactivating old threads if the discussion is relevant. I want to get along, so I avoid necro posting to avoid upsetting other members.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@emg said:
    I never quite understood why there is an issue with reactivating old threads if the discussion is relevant. I want to get along, so I avoid necro posting to avoid upsetting other members.

This thread is very much relevant, because iHostART still has frequent downtimes.
    They are cheap because they have no spares and disk is RAID 0.

• @yoursunny said:

@emg said:

This thread is very much relevant, because iHostART still has frequent downtimes.

lol why are they using RAID 0
    its just a disaster for VPS Hosting.

• @emg said: I never quite understood why there is an issue with reactivating old threads if the discussion is relevant. I want to get along, so I avoid necro posting to avoid upsetting other members.

Oh it's perfectly fine to reactivate old threads if the point is relevant.

In this case, (and in my opinion) necro posting for the sake of self-advertising isn't really contributing anything new.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited November 2022

@hollowvi1 said:

@yoursunny said:

@emg said:

I don't consider the guy a real host...

He tried to buy another hosting company's client database from the hacker. His strategy was to minimize costs and focus on the ultra low-end market. By that, I mean literally made his own racks out of wood and stored them in his basement over his residential connection. His pricing isn't even that competitive unless you are really worried about an extra 50 cents.

I mean OVH had cardboard cases but... eeeehhh...

• @HalfEatenPie said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@yoursunny said:

@emg said:

He tried to buy another hosting company's client database from the hacker. His strategy was to minimize costs and focus on the ultra low-end market. By that, I mean literally made his own racks out of wood and stored them in his basement over his residential connection. His pricing isn't even that competitive unless you are really worried about an extra 50 cents.

I didn't try to buy anything lol. what are you talking about?

• @HalfEatenPie said:

@hollowvi1 said:

@yoursunny said:

@emg said:

That host was in so much debt so nothing could save them at that point. Even the host that actually bought the client data is going under now. So i think it was a good choice for me not to buy it lol

• @hollowvi1 said: I didn't try to buy anything lol. what are you talking about?

... I wasn't talking about you but rather the guy who runs iHostArt.

@hollowvi1 said: That host was in so much debt so nothing could save them at that point. Even the host that actually bought the client data is going under now. So i think it was a good choice for me not to buy it lol

Yeah we're talking about different things.

• @HalfEatenPie said:

@hollowvi1 said: I didn't try to buy anything lol. what are you talking about?

@hollowvi1 said: That host was in so much debt so nothing could save them at that point. Even the host that actually bought the client data is going under now. So i think it was a good choice for me not to buy it lol

oh lol mb

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@hollowvi1 said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@hollowvi1 said: I didn't try to buy anything lol. what are you talking about?

oh lol mb

You got to admit that your post was pretty useless. /thread

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
This discussion has been closed.