Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a Totyo VPS from GreenCloud can't be connected from HK.why I have to pay $3 for changing it
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

a Totyo VPS from GreenCloud can't be connected from HK.why I have to pay $3 for changing it

This VPS is reinstalled with their newest debian 11 (NO FireWall installed or else like).
my two VPS in HK is always reseted when ssh it .
img
I want GreenCloud help me to solve this bugs,And GreenCloud always tell me that they dose not limit it, and show me a ping records tell me that is good, and they tell me to that I have to pay $3 for changing this bad IP.
img

what do u think?

Comments

• Don't think its unreasonable mate, I mean I normally do free IP changes only for IPs blocked on the CFW anything else I charge.

Else people can just blacklist IPs and ask for a new one. How long you had the VPS?

• @starservices said:
    Don't think its unreasonable mate, I mean I normally do free IP changes only for IPs blocked on the CFW anything else I charge.

Else people can just blacklist IPs and ask for a new one. How long you had the VPS?

when I first get it , it is. And HK dose not deploy CFW yet.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@leonardosccd said:
    This VPS is reinstalled with their newest debian 11 (NO FireWall installed or else like).
    img
    I want GreenCloud help me to solve this bugs,And GreenCloud always tell me that they dose not limit it, and show me a ping records tell me that is good, and they tell me to that I have to pay $3 for changing this bad IP.
    img

what do u think?

Arent you the one who just transfer lots of your services to individial accounts in order to circumvent the $10 transfer fee?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

You’ve got the issue fella, no them. Would should they work for free?

NOW GET OUT OF MY FUCKING KITCHEN!

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited April 2022

btw. What is the point in hiding IP in ssh connect when you leave it fully visible one line below in error message? :D

If they say they don't block it then they don't block it. It could be yours settings, could be something between. Test from few places, check your logs, sniff your traffic. Figure out why it's blocked on your end.

• @FAT32 said:

@leonardosccd said:
    img
    img

what do u think?

Arent you the one who just transfer lots of your services to individial accounts in order to circumvent the $10 transfer fee?

It's me. but I bought your GreenCloud VPS before U change your new "transfer" TOS. now U ask for else transfer fee with your new TOS, dose it reasonable?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@leonardosccd said:
    It's me. but I bought your GreenCloud VPS before U change your new "transfer" TOS. now U ask for else transfer fee with your new TOS, dose it reasonable?

Yes it is reasonable. I really dont understand why you guys think manpower is free?

• @JabJab said:
    btw. What is the point in hiding IP in ssh connect when you leave it fully visible one line below in error message? :D

If they say they don't block it then they don't block it. It could be yours settings, could be something between. Test from few places, check your logs, sniff your traffic. Figure out why it's blocked on your end.

@Nekki said:

Their IP is not health, why I should pay for it? I hope U will Be polite.

• @leonardosccd said: Their IP is not health, why I should pay for it? I hope U will Be polite.

Their IP is health, why They should pay for your mistake? I hope U will Be polite.

Thanked by 2jokesonyou RapToN
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@leonardosccd said:

@JabJab said:

@Nekki said:

Their IP is not health, why I should pay for it? I hope U will Be polite.

SHITFIDDLER!

• @FAT32 said:

@leonardosccd said:

Yes it is reasonable. I really dont understand why you guys think manpower is free?

This is not a question about "manpower is free". Their IP is not health even can,t be connected from HK,and I should tell U, HK dosen't Deploy GFW.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@leonardosccd said:

@FAT32 said:

@leonardosccd said:

This is not a question about "manpower is free". Their IP is not health even can,t be connected from HK,and I should tell U, HK dosen't Deploy GFW.

YOURE IP IS NOT HEALTH! HOW CAN YOU NOT HE UNDERSTANDING OF THESE FACTUALS?

Thanked by 3tetech TimboJones pike
  • Instead of ranting here about the unfairness of it all, have you considered running some actual troubleshooting such as running MTR both from the VPS to your local IP and the other way round?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • If you think they are firewalling your network, asking them to change the ip won't solve the problem, you have no choice other than to find another provider.
    Most likely it's your end that's the problem here.

• @JabJab said:

I tried their template debian 11 and other clean release . It is always like this. I will try MTR. THX.

• @cadddr said:
    If you think they are firewalling your network, asking them to change the ip won't solve the problem, you have no choice other than to find another provider.

YES, change IP will solve this problem, but GreenCloud dose not think that is theirs IP's problem.

• I will lean how use MTR/traceroute and come back.

• @leonardosccd said:

@cadddr said:
    If you think they are firewalling your network, asking them to change the ip won't solve the problem, you have no choice other than to find another provider.

YES, change IP will solve this problem, but GreenCloud dose not think that is theirs IP's problem.

@stevewatson301 said: Instead of ranting here about the unfairness of it all, have you considered running some actual troubleshooting such as running MTR both from the VPS to your local IP and the other way round?

You should then try this first and show them proper proofs about how this is a problem on their end.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited April 2022

His screenshots show key exchange error, so it's talking.

That said, I don't think this a scenario where ssh doesn't allow root login by default or else the response would explicitly say permission denied, right?

But why hasn't OP used VNC to login to it and confirm connection to outside world works or doesn't? If he logs in and can't ping 8.8.8.8, then it's the provider's problem. If he can, PEBKAC.

• Totyo

In my language, Totyo roughly means "Faux". That says a lot about this whole rant by OP

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • leonardosccdleonardosccd Member
    edited April 2022

@TimboJones
    @kalimov622
    @cadddr

@stevewatson301

Contine...
    img
    I debug this IP with a network tool tcptraceroute, cause it is running with TCP Protocol to track node records, U can find it is block between 91.200.240.21 and 45.X.X.190, and then U can find it is Japan IP belong to Owl Limited in https://ipinfo.io/AS23959/91.200.240.0/24.
    So it not block from HK or other Area. So It is GreenCloud IDC Owl block this tcp connect.

And I post this records to him, Them just tell me they dont block/limit any IP.
    img

I think it is clear. this VPS isn't install any Firewall to prevent ssh login.

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited April 2022

@leonardosccd said: I think it is clear. this VPS isn't install any Firewall to prevent ssh login.

It's time to reinstall this VPS and test it again. In your screenshot you revealed your IP and password. I would assume your server is already compromised.

Anyway, if it still doesn't work after reinstall then tell them you are getting blocked on a new template install with no firewall.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @NoComment said:

@leonardosccd said: I think it is clear. this VPS isn't install any Firewall to prevent ssh login.

It's time to reinstall this VPS and test it again. In your screenshot you revealed your IP and password. I would assume your server is already compromised.

Anyway, if it still doesn't work after reinstall then tell them you are getting blocked on a new template install with no firewall.

I have reinstall system so many times. It does not solve this prolem at all. and I also DD a clean release Debian 11, it is not work too.

• @leonardosccd

I can get an SSH prompt to your IP from Canada. And to be clear, you should specifically be talking about port 22 being blocked, as the IP isn't blocked as shown from your traces.

Given your issue is between two HK VPS' and your server whereas a San Jose and random Canadian location can, I'm inclined to suspect your HK VPS' being the issue. The problem is likely from a hop before 91.200.240.21.

I would try moving the SSH port to 222 and trying that. Or using a proxy. There is nothing else GreenCloud can do for you, the problem isn't on their end.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Just to confirm, do you have anything in /etc/hosts.deny ?

• Have you asked your hk vps provider if they installed any firewall? It does seem like a DPI firewall because of the connection resets on key exchange.

• @cadddr said:
    Have you asked your hk vps provider if they installed any firewall? It does seem like a DPI firewall because of the connection resets on key exchange.

MiTM?

• RapToNRapToN Member, Host Rep

@leonardosccd said:

@cadddr said:

I see it the same way as cadddr. An IP change probably won't do you any good and if the provider charges a fee if you insist on an IP change, that's perfectly legitimate.

@TimboJones said:
    I would try moving the SSH port to 222 and trying that. Or using a proxy.

These are sensible suggestions. Changing the IP is not one from my point of view.

@leonardosccd
    Have you verified that it is possible to connect to other SSH servers on port 22 from HK? If not, it would quickly be clear where the problem comes from.