Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone tried dreamhost vps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone tried dreamhost vps?

They are saying on their website.

All VPS plans come with

UNLIMITED

Bandwidth and Storage.

Comments

• Used it when it was in beta and it was crap. RAM didn't play nice. If I had a program that exceeded my RAM allotment, it would kill the process instead of playing well within the allotment. Almost like the process thought the VPS had more available RAM than allotted and tried to burst and the process was killed.

Oddly, I had much better performance from their shared hosting than their VPS.

Thanked by 1shawn123
  • Dreamhost lies. They claim unlimited storage and bandwidth, but enforce a very strict CPU limit.

Thanked by 1shawn123
  • OK thanks for the info.

• I don't believe they give root access either.

• Because it's dream host so you will get dream resources. :p

• @budi1413 until you wake up.

Not sure if the OP is looking for a vps or just informing us.

• I was actually looking for some reviews was considering purchasing from them.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Zshen said:
    Used it when it was in beta and it was crap. RAM didn't play nice. If I had a program that exceeded my RAM allotment, it would kill the process instead of playing well within the allotment. Almost like the process thought the VPS had more available RAM than allotted and tried to burst and the process was killed.

Oddly, I had much better performance from their shared hosting than their VPS.

That's fairly typical. When you run out of ram you can't expect your processes to stay alive.

Unlimited storage on a vps is an interesting angle I'll give it that. A little expensive for my taste but that doesn't mean it's overpriced more than it means I'm an LEB addict ;)