Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has Contabo ever offered a "No Location fee for Singapore"?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has Contabo ever offered a "No Location fee for Singapore"?

I'm using Contabo for US locations and have been pretty happy with them. Back then I bought three VPS with the "no location fee in US" deal. They seem to have the same deal running right now on their website.

I was wondering if they have ever offered a no location deal for Singapore as well? Or do they just rotate between "no location fee in US" and "double storage" deals?

Many Thanks,

Comments

• I remember they offered a "No Location Fee" the first time it launched. Since then I don't believe they did again.

• @definitelyliam said:
    I remember they offered a "No Location Fee" the first time it launched. Since then I don't believe they did again.

I think you're mixing that up with the no setup fee (which would be one-time anyways). I got one around a year ago (which I guess is when they first launched) and it definitely had the location fee:

Initial order:

One of the payment reminders:

• @definitelyliam said:
    I remember they offered a "No Location Fee" the first time it launched. Since then I don't believe they did again.

Isn't their SG launch promotion is "no setup fee"?

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2022

@definitelyliam said:

@Leftup said:

@definitelyliam said:

Isn't their SG launch promotion is "no setup fee"?

Yeah it appears that it was a "no setup fee" promotion not a "no location fee" promotion:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/contabocom/status/1385154999311814656

I don't think they've ever done a "no location fee" promotion for Singapore, I think they've only
    done it for USA locations. This makes sense as Singapore isn't cheap and they sure do provide a massive amount of bandwidth there :)

Even with the location fee Contabo in Singapore is insanely cheap

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

Contabo is good if you are not running something serious.

• is contabo good for seedbox?

• @cybertech said:
    is contabo good for seedbox?

I would think carefully before choosing a german provider as a seedbox for potentially DMCA content.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited April 2022

@Ympker said:

@cybertech said:

I would think carefully before choosing a german provider as a seedbox for potentially DMCA content.

oops let me rephrase. private seedbox.

thinking of ways to fully consume 32TB monthly. we could use as a legit file server and some torrents and maybe Plex transcode all at the same time.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • jason5545jason5545 Member
    edited April 2022

@cybertech said:

@Ympker said:

@cybertech said:

oops let me rephrase. private seedbox.

thinking of ways to fully consume 32TB monthly. we could use as a legit file server and some torrents and maybe Plex transcode all at the same time.

It's doable, even my KS1 is doing these things expect torrenting just fine, Contabo is definitely more powerful than KS1, but disk space is limited.

• @Decicus said:

@definitelyliam said:

I think you're mixing that up with the no setup fee (which would be one-time anyways). I got one around a year ago (which I guess is when they first launched) and it definitely had the location fee:

Initial order:

One of the payment reminders:

Whoops. You're right. I remembered wrong.

• never, SG is expensive

• I agree sg is more expensive