Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An adventure with OVH Eco and SoYouStart
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

An adventure with OVH Eco and SoYouStart

jason5545jason5545 Member
edited April 2022 in Reviews

I have a few VPS and a KS-1 on hand, after I had been browsing LET for a few weeks, I took the decision to merge them into one. I have chosen SoYouStart because I need more flexibility with the IPs. And recently OVH just have their Eco line launch, and some folks said that OVH treats their Eco customer differently, so I give it a chance.

I got SYS-1 , and everything goes smoothly until I discovered in my bill, that it's an SSD variant, what I need is an HDD one, so. I decided to accept my mistake and got the HDD one on the same date.
The SSD I got has only 7700 power and 443 power on cycles, it's fairly new.
The HDD one I got is varying between 10k hours to 40k hours, it's ok.

so I started to install proxmox VE onto the HDD Server, and I encountered a problem, my failover IP isn't working, no matter what I tried. At last, I even pay a guy 15 USD for proxmox troubleshooting, he helped me set up DHCP between VMs and solved my problems about proxmox, but he can't get the fall over IP working too. Since the HDD server I bought is on the SoYouStart side, I created a ticket and be ready for a week before replying. To my surprise, the support replied within 20mins, so here's the point: **When you set up the failover IP, you need to use the host machine's gateway. **After we know this, I and the guy continued setting up the proxmox. Everything finally settled. To be honest, three days of support for $15 is quite cheap.

I thought that was the end, but I just received the email about I need to verify my billing information with my ID, I thought that process is only before you have an active service.

Oh, as for OVH eco, I didn't see anything about self-service about service transfer.
If I can transfer the SSD one, I will do it for cheap. Now it's just idling.

Thanked by 3Not_Oles Alireza SinV

Comments

• VoidVoid Member

That verification is a bitch, especially if you’re from certain countries. Together with their super fast response time (once every fortnight), I realised it is not worth the effort.

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • @jmaxwell said:
    That verification is a bitch, especially if you’re from certain countries. Together with their super fast response time (once every fortnight), I realised it is not worth the effort.

Yes, I just provide everything I can, let see how it goes. I even provided my graduated certificate.

• Well, verification & VAT exemption took only 2 days for me via eco cloud

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Thanks for posting about how things went at OVH! Friendly greetings from Mexico! :)

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • Were you ever prompted for ID verification before using OVHCloud Eco? I have an OVHCloud account, and was never prompted for ID verification.

• @mleinen said:
    Were you ever prompted for ID verification before using OVHCloud Eco? I have an OVHCloud account, and was never prompted for ID verification.

No, actually is not eco one, I have two accounts, one is eco, one isn't , the eco is fine as of now, is the other account asking for verification.

• @jason5545 said:

@mleinen said:
    Were you ever prompted for ID verification before using OVHCloud Eco? I have an OVHCloud account, and was never prompted for ID verification.

No, actually is not eco one, I have two accounts, one is eco, one isn't , the eco is fine as of now, is the other account asking for verification.

I see, interesting.

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

On OVH eco, was never asked to verify account.

• @mleinen said:

@mgcAna said:
    On OVH eco, was never asked to verify account.

The reason why I didn't used Eco on the second purchase is, Eco showed out of stock, but SYS main site show in stock. Strange

• I had to go through the whole verification process when I bought a .ovh domain. Took like 1,5 weeks to get it :D