Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Power
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Power

TGTTGT Member

So I requested some power from a Data Center for 4 of my miners that uses 3250w. Instead of them sending me the out the door KWH price they sent me this long list of pricing.

Can anyone help me figure out the all in price per Kwh monthly. I think they're trying to confuse the hell out of me.

_MONTHLY BILL
Rate
$ 9.10 Service Availability Charge

Energy Charge
$ 0.07483 Per kWh for the first 1600 kWh*
$ 0.03456 Per kWh for all additional kWh

Peak Capacity Charge
Summer Billing (June - September)
$ 0.02060 Per kWh for all kWh in excess of 600 kWh

Non-Summer Billing (October - May)
$ 0.01041 Per kWh for all kWh in excess of 600 kWh
*200 kWh are added for each kW of Billing Demand in excess of 5 kW.

Minimum Bill
$9.10 plus $ 4.16 per kW of Billing Demand in excess of 5 kW. A higher Minimum Bill may be specified in the Customer's Application
and Agreement for Electric Service. The Minimum Bill is not subject to reduction by credits allowed under the adjustments below_

So what's the monthly charge I'm so lost. Not going to say the provider but they are active on LET.

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

That is certainly on the more complicated side of things.

• TGTTGT Member
    edited April 2022

• TGTTGT Member

@jbiloh said:
    That is certainly on the more complicated side of things.

Yes I'm still scratching my head.

• mleinenmleinen Member
    edited April 2022

@TGT said: Minimum Bill
    $9.10 plus $ 4.16 per kW of Billing Demand in excess of 5 kW. A higher Minimum Bill may >be specified in the Customer's Application
    and Agreement for Electric Service. The Minimum Bill is not subject to reduction by credits allowed under the adjustments below_

Obviously there's a $9.10/month base cost. I assume the $4.16/kW rate only applies when you exceed your arranged-in-advance quota (5kW is included, it seems). The word choice is quite odd, however: "Billing Demand".

• TGTTGT Member
    edited April 2022

@mleinen said:

@TGT said: Minimum Bill
    $9.10 plus $ 4.16 per kW of Billing Demand in excess of 5 kW. A higher Minimum Bill may >be specified in the Customer's Application

Obviously there's a $9.10/month base cost. I assume the $4.16/kW rate only applies when you exceed your arranged-in-advance quota (5kW is included, it seems). The word choice is quite odd, however: "Billing Demand".

I understand the $9.10/month base charge that's understandable but the way it switches from kw to kwh that's where the confusion coms in. Shouldn't it be per Kwh of billable demand?

My miners use 78kWh/day, 2340kWh/month and 28470kWh per year. So would I assume they're going to charge me the base of course and an additional $8.32 per miner. (edit per 2 miners)

• mleinenmleinen Member
    edited April 2022

@TGT said: My miners use 78kWh/day, 2340kWh/month and 28470kWh per year. So would I assume they're going to charge me the base of course and an additional $8.32 per miner. (edit per 2 miners)

2340-740kWh = 1600kWh = $119/month
    740kWh (excess rate) = $25/month
    Total: $144/month

I didn't calculate this, though:

*200 kWh are added for each kW of Billing Demand in excess of 5 kW.

My bad, actually, I didn't factor in the 5kW that's included, either... well, 2340/720 (30*24) = 3.25kW

Thanked by 1TGT
  • NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited April 2022

Your monthly charges are:

1. $ 9.10 Service Availability Charge
    2. $ 0.07483 Per kWh for the first 1600 kWh
    3. $ 0.03456 Per kWh for the next 740 kWh
    4. $ 0.01041 Per kWh for 1740 kWh

I believe you are entitled to ask exactly what the charges will be if you use exactly 3250W 24/7. That's what billing support is for.

Thanked by 1Advin
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

That's very cheap Power. Where you get it at?

• @HostSlick said:
    That's very cheap Power. Where you get it at?

My guess is Texas