Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM/Shared VPS Bypass DMCA in Asia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM/Shared VPS Bypass DMCA in Asia

I know most service providers are Asian companies that will Bypass DMCA, but their local pricing is usually quite expensive. Most cheap providers starting at $3/month have no servers anywhere in Asia.
Have any suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• well unrelated most likely but i disagree (Most of East Asia has strict dmca laws)South East Asia and South Asia not as strict

• @Ruripapi said:
    well unrelated most likely but i disagree (Most of East Asia has strict dmca laws)South East Asia and South Asia not as strict

Korea/Japan has strict DMCA because they are US allies. But for China, they are only interested in local copyrighted content, most western content is not protected. Taiwan is absolutely not a suitable location to rent a server (fewer undersea fiber optic cables).

Thanked by 1mleinen
  • @ndbiaw said:

@Ruripapi said:
    well unrelated most likely but i disagree (Most of East Asia has strict dmca laws)South East Asia and South Asia not as strict

Korea/Japan has strict DMCA because they are US allies. But for China, they are only interested in local copyrighted content, most western content is not protected. Taiwan is absolutely not a suitable location to rent a server (fewer undersea fiber optic cables).

For China its hard to say
    Hong Kong and Macau has their own laws
    Most Western Copyrighted content is protected there
    and for Mainland China generally its local produced content
    Taiwan on the other hand is strict to

For South Asia
    India joined WIPO Copyright treaty but mostly isnt enforced
    Other then that maybe russia?? but sanctions

• Also South East Asia really depends because most firms here dont want to deal with it

• mleinenmleinen Member
    edited April 2022

@Ruripapi said: Other then that maybe russia?? but sanctions

Maybe ask @rustelekom about that. A user could just pay with crypto either directly or through WebMoney. Gcorelabs' main division is based in Luxembourg, and that's how they get away from these sanctions (but you just need to ask their support and they'd change you back over to the RU gateway options... lol).

• @mleinen said:

@Ruripapi said: Other then that maybe russia?? but sanctions

Maybe ask @rustelekom about that. A user could just pay with crypto either directly or through WebMoney. Gcorelabs' main division is based in Luxembourg, and that's how they get away from these sanctions (but you just need to ask their support and they'd change you back over to the RU gateway options... lol).

lol luxembourg is part of nato wonder why they still could operate in russia

• jason5545jason5545 Member
    edited April 2022

I agreed, Taiwan is not so good when hosting DMCA content, and because the biggest ISP, CHT, is controlled most of the network infrastructure, the bandwidth and peering fee, is ridiculously high, locals and overseas company (e.g Cloudflare) have complaint for years, but CHT never did anything, because they're just no competitor in Taiwan's market. Basically, I don't recommend anyone to host here besides that if your target customer is Taiwanese.
    As for copyright infringement, the police only takes action if your site is big enough, unless someone report it.

@ndbiaw said:

@Ruripapi said: