Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenSource alternative to Google Webmaster?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenSource alternative to Google Webmaster?

Hello LET ^^,

i was happy with Google Webmaster to find issues on my websites, but as i'm gegooglizing my stuffs to get more privacy friendly websites i would like to find an alternative to that. I use it mostly to find broken links and different issues that can happen.

Thanks for all your feedbacks!

Comments

• wget in recursive mode; then grep your access logs for 404s.

Thanked by 3o_be_one ehab hannes
  • tjntjn Member

For broken links, LinkChecker looks good.

https://linkchecker.github.io/linkchecker/index.html

Thanked by 2ehab o_be_one
  • Do you mean Google Search Console? It is the best tool to know what Google thinks about your website, it is a must-have if you care about how Google sees your website.

The closest tool is Bing Webmaster, as the name it is best to use in Bing. But yes, they have some useful features.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • goaccess + webserver access log

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Can crawl your site with ScreamingFrog's Spider Tool - https://www.screamingfrog.co.uk/seo-spider/

And that'll point out a lot of issues

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @Dazzle said: Do you mean Google Search Console? It is the best tool to know what Google thinks about your website, it is a must-have if you care about how Google sees your website.

I guess it's that, i remember the name as "Google Tool for WebMaster", pretty sure i'm confused and it's the name you shared here. So there is no way to get an alernative ? I guess if they don't need a script on my website i'm ok with that. I'll take a look :).