Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostsailor maintenance notification emails?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostsailor maintenance notification emails?

Any Hostsailor customers here? Are you getting emails about planned downtime due to host OS updates? If so, care to share some of the headers?

I've had two recent minor outages, reported them, and been told that I received an email about it...but I didn't. Their client area / email history doesn't show them (possibly by design). I do receive email notifications from billing and ticket status updates.

I run my own mail server, don't filter spam, checked my logs, etc. They're pretty insistent that it's on my end (check your spambox, blah blah blah), but I'm starting to think they've got an outgoing email problem.

I'm seeing mail from mail.hostsailor.com at 2a04:dd02:1::3 and 212.8.251.87, but DKIM failed with "key not found in DNS". (I still received the mail.) No rDNS for the IPv6, either. From the DKIM signature, it looks like their public key should be available at dkim._domainkey.hostsailor.com, but I'm not seeing it with dig (maybe I did something wrong?). Going through old emails, it looks like their DKIM public key disappeared between 2/18/2021 and 2/23/2021. Interesting, but that doesn't explain why I'm not getting their emails.

thanks!

Comments

• d2411d2411 Member

Hey,

i also got no mail about that.
    But my instance ( nl) is still online.
    But thats true.
    I have also my own mail server.
    So there are many DKIM failures from different servers.
    But no mail from hostsailor.

Thats strange.

• pwnedpwned Member

My .nl VPS was down for about 2 hours on 3/31, and the one in .ro was down for about 90 minutes on 3/22.

They've been really reliable boxes for $1/month, so I can't really complain.

• darbdarb Member

they are still advertising Christmas in April, I though that it was an April fools joke.