Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why many people prefer paying with crypto coins? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why many people prefer paying with crypto coins?

2»

Comments

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2022

I might open another brand, mark up everything by 5x, and then accept popular crypto's and not collect any details about clients (so a privacy host)

Seems like it would attract too much abuse and legal trouble though

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 2022

Who would want to do shady stuff with their own name? Also, privacy.

• Everyone can mine monero.
    Monero transactions are confidential and untraceable.

• Because I'm letting PayPal hand over my real data to a provider in foreign country with no real data protection laws over a $1.99 server.

• zedzed Member

@vitobotta said:
    I know close to zero about cryptocurrencies and I have seen that many people prefer paying for services with crypto coins. Why is that? What is the advantage over normal money?

you're starting almost as many threads as that administrator guy, are you another employee?

• @zed said:

@vitobotta said:
    I know close to zero about cryptocurrencies and I have seen that many people prefer paying for services with crypto coins. Why is that? What is the advantage over normal money?

you're starting almost as many threads as that administrator guy, are you another employee?

No but perhaps I should get paid

• As many others have mentioned; PayPal is terrible.

With crypto you have more control and can move it wherever you want.

For providers I'm sure it's much better not having to deal with chargebacks, having your PayPal account locked for no reason and so on.

• @debian_dave said:
    Big fan of Monero and look forward to the future. There seems to be people willing to spend money to find out how to track it.. and they haven't (as far as I know) yet!
    jidex

I think it would be great if Monero could partner with a large online retailer to help bring Monero into the mainstream.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Because what else are you going to do with your crypto?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I use it because I don't like getting screwed by data breaches.

I also do some very basic swing trades to (hopefully) make a few bucks or get some discounts on hosting invoices (buy low, add account credit when market is up).

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2022

The problem for me with using crypto is that it's just too hard for me to earn it. For me to have a buy in on crypto, I have to be able to not just spend in crypto but also earn in crypto. Until that happens, crypto means practically nothing to me. Also the one time I tried to use crypto, sent it to someone who did not render the service (little to no buyer security there). Also the damn wallet keys are so damn long, some sites don't allow copy and paste and one damn character typo in a long key like that is possible and hard to find and means it goes to someone else most probably.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@raindog308 said: Because what else are you going to do with your crypto?

HODL!

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2022

Just yesterday I had to top up 5sim sms activation with crypto because conversion to ruble was disabled due to sanctions. All payment processors 5sim offered for Visa/MC declined the transaction. Normally I wouldn't use Crypto for payments though, because in Germany everything purchased with crypto is regarded as "selling" crypto when it comes to tax. So, technically, you'd need to keep track as to not make too much "profit" when this happens. Then again crypto is falling rn and I kinda bought at an ATH, so I'm good, I guess lol.

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

Cryptocurrency will become just a standard option, just like any other payment method. Because in most cases the commission is low and you are not at risk, unlike centralized payment systems.