Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MobaXterm Alternative for Mac
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MobaXterm Alternative for Mac

Hi All,

I came to know about MobaXterm via LET. I used to it and I am looking for something which do the same thing like MobaXterm

I specifically need, Storing all the details IP, Pass and Keys

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

iTerm 2 is at least 75% of the reason to own a Mac.

Thanked by 2mmuyskens NeoXiD
  • protonproton Barred
    edited March 2022

In fact, you can always use vscode remote extension, which support file upload/download and multiple session tab.

Or try those tools.

Royal TSX

SHUTTLE

• may be Terminus could help you.

• If you are comfortable with the command line, I recommend using iTerm 2 and OpenSSH.

• LeftupLeftup Member
    edited March 2022

Rayon seems a good alternative and it's open source.

Edit: add preview.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

I use RoyalTSX. Been solid so far.

• Using Hyper, running well.

• trazxtrazx Member

TBH haven't found anything nearly as good as MobXTerm...tried RoyalTSX as that seemed to be the closest but had a lot of trouble getting it to work. Rn I just use PortX (terminal) and CyberDuck (for file transfers)

• tjntjn Member

@CConner said:
    I use RoyalTSX. Been solid so far.

+1

• If you can pay the license then try ZOC. They give a free trial too.

https://www.emtec.com/zoc/

• @jar said: iTerm 2

what does it do better that normal terminals can't?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2022

@duckeeyuck said:

@jar said: iTerm 2

what does it do better that normal terminals can't?

So many are bulky and cluttered. iTerm blends simplicity with customization in a recipe that just seems to hit all of the right notes. It's more like many of the good Linux terminal apps.

I hate how nearly everything on windows has to be excessively bulky and clearly designed to use most or all screen real estate. Open up mobaxterm and it's immediately a file manager, terminal emulator, and everything, looks best full screen. Open up iTerm and here's your tiny little terminal window 98% comprised of the terminal itself and nothing else. Add some window transparency with blur for good times, and the color themes are just fun. Being able to just CMD+C copy on the terminal makes you hate anything on windows (control + shift + c and then your terminal reads a control + c, right click to paste, who hurt these people?).

If I'm really preferring anything it's whatever default terminal comes with any Linux desktop environment, but iTerm is the only thing non-linux that makes me feel the same.

Thanked by 1__no_preserve_root