Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Vepp Shutting Down/Frozen from April
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vepp Shutting Down/Frozen from April

Got an email about an hour ago that they're closing it on April 15, 2022, Current subs get a year free of ISPmanager Lite.

Only used it for a short period of time when testing some panels but I quite liked it, Have seen it recommended a fair bit on the forums though so thought I'd make the post and see what people will be moving to.

Comments

• I remember testing Vepp out years ago, but I didn't really need it for anything. Still though, it's a bit sad when a product has to be stopped (at least if there weren't any major issues with it).

Here's the email I got for anyone interested. I imagine it was the same for everyone who had signed up at some point.

Hello, !

Thank you for using Vepp. Unfortunately, on April 15, 2022, the project will be frozen and all licenses will be stopped.

Vepp evolved as a simple and easy-to-use website management panel for WordPress, but it never managed to find a sufficiently interested audience. This is why we are stopping its development and promotion. Perhaps in the future, we will resume the work.

What does this mean?

After April 15, websites and other files on the server will remain available, but it will not be possible to manage them.

What replacements are available?

If you have an active Vepp license, you can upgrade to ISPmanager 6 and get a one-year subscription to the Lite version for free. To do this, just add ISPmanager Lite license in the cart in your client area and use vepp_to_ispmgr promocode while order a panel .

Please note that only one license of ISPmanager 6 is available for ordering. If you have two or more Vepp licenses, contact our Technical Support.

Important: we recommend that you migrate before April 15 to avoid possible problems after the panel is locked.

Migration

To migrate to ISPmanager, you will need a server with a minimal OS configuration, without third-party repositories and services. Read more in the documentation.

1. Install ISPmanager on the server; Refer to the documentation for installation details.
    2. Connect to the server with Vepp via FTP. Refer to the documentation to learn how to connect to a website via FTP.
    3. Download the website files.
    4. Replace the NS records and domains linked to websites in Vepp with others. You do not have to buy them, the most important is to extract the domain that you need for your website. Note that after applying these settings and until the domain is linked in ISPmanager, the website will not be available.
    5. Upload the website to the server. Refer to our video tutorial for details: How to upload a website to a server managed by ISPmanager.

If you have any questions, please contact our Technical Support at [email protected] or through a request in your client area.

If you are not certain that you can migrate on your own, please also contact our Technical Support.

© ISPsystem 2004‑2020