Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone tried Ploi Core?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone tried Ploi Core?

Any feedback on Ploi and Ploi-Core?

Comments

• I'm using Ploi for several months now. This software is amazing, lot of option to install services; load balancer, minio server, nodejs server. Ultimate tool to manage servers. Dennis and his team are very polite and fast to response when we caught a bug.

I've looked at Ploi Core before, asked several features and it cannot be done, so I suppose the Ploi Core user couldn't do any flexible things.

• I actually moved all my Ploi services to RunCloud.

I found features were getting released without proper testing and often had to report bugs. The stack, however, was fast, the panel looks amazing and Dennis was always available.

RunCloud in my opinion is a must more reliable product for production.

Thanked by 2cazrz mrTom
  • cazrzcazrz Member

@Gravely said:
    I actually moved all my Ploi services to RunCloud.

I found features were getting released without proper testing and often had to report bugs. The stack, however, was fast, the panel looks amazing and Dennis was always available.

RunCloud in my opinion is a must more reliable product for production.

Are you able to set your own backup space in runcloud? IIRC you can only use their backup service/cloud.

• NedTGNedTG Member

@Gravely said: I found features were getting released without proper testing and often had to report bugs. The stack, however, was fast, the panel looks amazing and Dennis was always available.

Pretty much this, It's quick as hell and has some awesome server install types but being a lot smaller than RunCloud they are definitely more agile to releasing things but can lack polish.

Replaced all my Cloud SQL needs with their DB server type and it's been great and easy to set up - Truthfully haven't renewed but I can still manage everything I need from root.

Ploi Core as a service looks solid, the fact they changed pricing to a one-off instead of 130USD (or so) a month + Ploi Pro is hopefully going to bring more people to the platform, I think it would make a solid barebones hosting platform if you just need the basics.

The main negative for me is that no email server makes it pretty difficult to use as a shared hosting platform and DNS is Cloudflare only.