Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SyAgent - free server and uptime monitoring (non commercial) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SyAgent - free server and uptime monitoring (non commercial)

2»

Comments

• Notifications via Pushover would be nice.

• pewpew Member

@rcy026 said:
    Notifications via Pushover would be nice.

This is a good idea, I will do it

• pewpew Member

@add_iT said:

@iKeyZ said:

@add_iT said:

@pew said:

@add_iT said:

@pew said:

@add_iT said:
    Any example website for status page ??

What do you mean? If you talk about uptime, so it's better to call for an API that returns status 200.

@jwg29859 said:

@pew said:

@add_iT said:
    Any example website for status page ??

What do you mean? If you talk about uptime, so it's better to call for an API that returns status 200.

He means a page like this 1 maybe.

Yes, I mean example page for public uptime status monitoring

I see. No, the service does not provide status pages.

So what is the idea create uptme monitoring if doesn't have monitor status page ??

I am a bit confusing

....to monitor your own servers and notify you if they go down.

But it can be self hosted right ??

No, it's not self hosted. For self hosted you need to run your server with self hosted solution. So it's not reasonable if you have several VPS only.

• pewpew Member

@rcy026 said:
    Notifications via Pushover would be nice.

Done

Thanked by 2rcy026 iKeyZ
  • @pew I have a server from servarica with 4GB ram, your monitor seems to think it's always 90% and sends this notification:

Alarm severity: Critical

hetrixtools shows the correct info (which is never above 20%). Could this be a bug?

• @DanSummer said:
    @pew I have a server from servarica with 4GB ram, your monitor seems to think it's always 90% and sends this notification:

hetrixtools shows the correct info (which is never above 20%). Could this be a bug?

Weird, while Syagent shows high RAM usage, can you please verify it with top or htop command in your server?

• Btw, I plan to take a snapshot of current processes if there is a high load, so we will be able to detect the cause.

• @pew said:

@DanSummer said:
    @pew I have a server from servarica with 4GB ram, your monitor seems to think it's always 90% and sends this notification:

Weird, while Syagent shows high RAM usage, can you please verify it with top or htop command in your server?

htop shows the correct info 600M of 3.79G in use.
    top shows the wrong info too:
    MiB Mem : 3886.0 total, 232.7 free, 610.7 used, 3042.6 buff/cache

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@DanSummer said:

@pew said:

@DanSummer said:

both are correct.

Thanked by 1DanSummer
  • @DanSummer said:

@pew said:

@DanSummer said:

In this time syAgent were showing you the wrong data? Can you tell me what distro you use please?

• @pew said:

@DanSummer said:

@pew said:

@DanSummer said:

In this time syAgent were showing you the wrong data? Can you tell me what distro you use please?

Yes, it was showing wrong ram usage info.
    On Ubuntu 22.04.

• @pew said:

@DanSummer said:

@pew said:

@DanSummer said:

Isn't /proc/meminfo the place to check and not strictly go by "free" because of caching?

Thanked by 1DanSummer
  • pewpew Member
    edited February 2023

@TimboJones said:

@pew said:

@DanSummer said:

@pew said:

@DanSummer said:

Isn't /proc/meminfo the place to check and not strictly go by "free" because of caching?

Yes, basically to get the real total usage ram is **total - (free + cached + buffers) **

• pewpew Member

Added mongodb monitoring.

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

Is it open source?

• emghemgh Member

Great to see donations coming in to the donation link, that people are willing to support free products

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax
  • pewpew Member

@BasToTheMax said:
    Is it open source?

The server monitor agent is open.