Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for server. E-2286G (or better). Budget up to 170 EUR.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for server. E-2286G (or better). Budget up to 170 EUR.

CalmDownCalmDown Member
edited March 2022 in Help

Hello.

Currently looking for a server for private usage.

CPU: E-2286G or better.
RAM: 32/64 GB.
HDD: 2x1 NVMe SSD.
Uplink: 10 Gbit/s. Would be fine if 10 Gbit/s is only on DW
Bandwidth: 50 - 100 TB.
Budget: 150-170 EUR.
Additional IPs: 4 - 5.

Currently was looking on Clouvider E-2286G or OVH Advance-2, but also would like to hear your recommendations on which you suggest to choose :).

Not considering hetzner with those IP prices...

Planing to make an order the next week.

More interested not in tech support or features, but in peering and performance :)

Comments

• 30033003 Member

Just go for ovh.

• Just go for clouvider.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited March 2022

Just go for HostSolutions.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited March 2022

@yoursunny said:
    Just go for HostSolutions.

Hehehe

• HybulaHybula Member, Patron Provider

Hi @CalmDown, if you really care about peering and performance, I can offer you the following. Check out our looking glass here: https://lg-nl-oum.hybula.net/

HPE DL360 Gen9
    Data Center: Amsterdam (Oude Meer), Netherlands
    Processor: 2x Xeon E5-2650 v4 (12 Cores, 2,2 GHz)
    Memory: 32 GB DDR4
    PCIe Slot 1: Disk - PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD 960GB
    PCIe Slot 2: Disk - PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD 960GB
    Hardware RAID Controller: Yes
    Power Supply: Dual PSU
    2x 10Gbps Uplink
    Unmetered Incoming @ 20 Gbit/s
    100 TB Incoming @ 5 Gbit/s
    4 IPs included
    Full IPMI-access

This server has HW-RAID, so you could also go for enterprise SFF SSDs. We can offer you this for 170/month ex VAT.

If you need something less performance and more affordable, please take a look at our LET promo: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/177472/hybula-metal-hpe-2x-e5-2650v2-hw-raid-ssd-5-gbps-nl-ddos-protection-bgp-byoip-promo

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@CalmDown said: Currently was looking on Clouvider E-2286G

Let us know if we can help in any way :)

@Hybula said: Hi @CalmDown, if you really care about peering and performance, I can offer you the following. Check out our looking glass here: https://lg-nl-oum.hybula.net/

Except the OP asked for E-2286G and you're offering E5-2650 at almost half the single core clock.

@Clouvider said:
    Except the OP asked for E-2286G and you're offering E5-2650 at almost half the single core clock.

The OP clearly stated "or better". We offer a dual E5-2650v4 with almost the same PassMark score per CPU. The OP didn't state anything regarding single core speed requirements.

Let's help the customer instead of focusing on other hosts :smile:

• 30033003 Member

@Hybula said:
    Hi @CalmDown, if you really care about peering and performance, I can offer you the following. Check out our looking glass here: https://lg-nl-oum.hybula.net/

HPE DL360 Gen9
    Data Center: Amsterdam (Oude Meer), Netherlands
    Processor: 2x Xeon E5-2650 v4 (12 Cores, 2,2 GHz)
    Memory: 32 GB DDR4
    PCIe Slot 1: Disk - PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD 960GB
    PCIe Slot 2: Disk - PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD 960GB
    Hardware RAID Controller: Yes
    Power Supply: Dual PSU
    2x 10Gbps Uplink
    Unmetered Incoming @ 20 Gbit/s
    100 TB Incoming @ 5 Gbit/s
    4 IPs included
    Full IPMI-access

This server has HW-RAID, so you could also go for enterprise SFF SSDs. We can offer you this for 170/month ex VAT.

If you need something less performance and more affordable, please take a look at our LET promo: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/177472/hybula-metal-hpe-2x-e5-2650v2-hw-raid-ssd-5-gbps-nl-ddos-protection-bgp-byoip-promo

That is like offering a ford fiesta to a customer asking for a ferrari. Wow.

• @Clouvider Thank you! Still on choose state :). But @Hybula offered a good option, but yeah, the CPU is on the lower side...

@Hybula Which NVMe models you're using?

@CalmDown said:
    @Hybula Which NVMe models you're using?

For NVMe we use Samsung 970 EVO Plus. If you need enterprise NVMe we can offer you U.2 or U.3 NVMe's, but I can't do that in this budget.

• You could check here for https://discord.gg/uTMZ2SWnCF (Discord)

Ryzen 7 3700 32GB RAM 2x960GB NVMe 10Gbit down 1Gbit up unmetered €70 (OVH)

Its OVH so your IP costs should be 2euros setup and free monthly. Ryzen is quite a bit faster than E-2286G unless you're specifically looking for iGPU use. You can also check with the same reseller to see if he has any Hetzner servers with additional IPv4. There was a Ryzen 9 listed with +6 IPv4 (+2euro/mo each).

• alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep

@CalmDown said:
    More interested (...) in peering and performance :)

That sounds like you might like the 3rd generation Intel Xeon E that just arrived a few days ago. And probably also the Alwyzon network in Vienna with over 260 local peerings, directly connected to the VIX, NIX.CZ & NIX.SK, as well as premium RETN transit for international traffic. Just no 10G at that budget, unfortunately.

Dedicated Server X12/64GB:
    159,90 € per month for…
    64 GB DDR4 ECC Memory
    8C/16T Intel® Xeon® E-2378 @ 2,6-4,8 GHz
    2x 960 GB Enterprise NVMe 4 SSDs
    100 TB Monthly Bandwidth
    ✓ 1x IPv4 + /64 IPv6 included
    ✓ Redundant Power Supplies (A+B Feed)
    ✓ Up to 2x 1 Gbps Up-/Downlink
        (LACP; different switches for redundancy)
    ✓ IPMI (with KVM & ISO management)
    ✓ Located in Vienna, Austria
    (All prices excl. VAT)

Dedicated Servers aren't advertised on www.alwyzon.com as they are Built-to-Order only, but you are welcome to ask for this specific configuration in a support ticket. All parts would be on stock at the moment and additional IPs could be added for 2,50 €/IP/month.

— Michael

• @Smith42 You can't compare Enterprise-grade CPU and Desktop one :)

• @CalmDown said:
    @Smith42 You can't compare Enterprise-grade CPU and Desktop one :)

Fair enough, I'm not 100% certain what the difference would be aside from the performance. I will mention I myself dropped E-2288G servers from that reseller and switched to those Ryzen 7 models and performance is noticeably faster. The actual server hardware is still enterprise grade, with the motherboard, NVMe disks and RAM modules (ECC) being the same as used in the server with E-2288G.

If you specifically want Intel, that reseller also offers: E-2288G 32GB RAM 2x960GB NVMe 10Gbit down 2Gbit up unmetered €160 (OVH)

• @Smith42 said:
    You could check here for https://discord.gg/uTMZ2SWnCF (Discord)

Ryzen 7 3700 32GB RAM 2x960GB NVMe 10Gbit down 1Gbit up unmetered €70 (OVH)

Its OVH so your IP costs should be 2euros setup and free monthly. Ryzen is quite a bit faster than E-2286G unless you're specifically looking for iGPU use. You can also check with the same reseller to see if he has any Hetzner servers with additional IPv4. There was a Ryzen 9 listed with +6 IPv4 (+2euro/mo each).

I still don't really understand how this works. I keep seeing you advertising for andy10gbit and surprisingly noone else on LET is talking about andy10gbit despite the cost savings. Did this guy build a panel for all the servers he's reselling? Or do you see the servers in your own ovh/hetzner account?

And I really don't understand why this guy hasn't made a website or registered a company after running this reselling business for more than 4 years.

• CalmDownCalmDown Member
    edited March 2022

@Smith42 I can get Advance-2 directly from OVH for 150 EUR with VAT, but yeah, indeed there is a good offers from Andy.

Might grab that Ryzen. Do you know which location it is exactly in the EU?

• Smith42Smith42 Member
    edited March 2022

@CalmDown said:
    @Smith42 I can get Advance-2 directly from OVH for 150 EUR with VAT, but yeah, indeed there is a good offers from Andy.

Might grab that Ryzen. Do you know which location it is exactly in the EU?

I enquired about these 2 weeks ago since I run his discord channels with notifications on my phone lol, and at the time he had all locations in Europe except Poland and Canada.

ADV-2 is a good box, but the E-2288G I mentioned comes with 2Gbit outgoing, and the bandwidth upgrade costs like 120euros on its own. Besides no setup fees, no commitments, and for whatever reason my direct OVH servers used to always get their bandwidth limited during peaks due to OVH's Anti-DDOS (server under attack emails).

@NoComment said:

And I really don't understand why this guy hasn't made a website or registered a company after running this reselling business for more than 4 years.

Its not my place to comment on that. I've asked him the same, because honestly if he just sets up a WHMCS portal with checkout, he could literally namedrop himself in 80% of the "Looking for server/vps" posts here since he got dedicated servers at OVH starting from 16euros per month with 2x2TB HDD and 1Gbit guaranteed and unmetered.

Regarding the panel, I have Technical Contact at OVH and Admin panel at Hetzner, so I see all the servers in my own accounts. At Leaseweb and NForce, I got IPMI access (IDRAC/ILO) which is enough for me to bring my server online if anything breaks. Billing, I opted for Paypal subs so that is pretty much hands-free.

Also I would've name dropped OVH and Clouvider too if I was first on this post. They have already been recommended so I name-dropped the reseller I think was overlooked.

• Clouvider in a heartbeat. Great uptime, reliable network, reliable hardware and excellent support.

Definitely would be my go to option.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2022

We can offer the following configuration, which should blow the other offers completely out of the water (as in, 2x the CPU performance):

Ryzen 9 3900X
    64 GB RAM DDR4 (upgradable)
    1x 1 TB NVMe SSD (upgradable)
    10 Gbit/s @ 50 TB bandwidth
    4 IPv4 address + IPv6 space available
    100 Gbit/s in-line and always-on Corero game-optimized DDoS protection

Equinix AM5, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

169 EUR /month FREE setup

Availability: 2
    Delivery ETA: 2 hours

We're using GSL Networks as our transit provider, meaning that you'll excellent global coverage. Feel free to run a few tests: https://lg.globalsecurelayer.com/

Send me a DM or e-mail me at [email protected] if interested and we'll get you set up straight away.

• @CConner Thank you for your great offer, i care more about disks performance and network nor CPU power but might give it a try, still thinking and exploring what to choose, so will definitely let you know :)

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@CalmDown said:
    @CConner Thank you for your great offer, i care more about disks performance and network nor CPU power but might give it a try, still thinking and exploring what to choose, so will definitely let you know :)

We use Samsung 970 EVO plus NVMe SSDs for this model of server. Performance should be fine.

Network performance should be excellent.